PDA

View Full Version : Rumour or truth?

Cuddles
10th Oct 2008, 19:04
We're coming up to the magic date where those who want to can sell their second tranche of shares, and I've heard a worrying rumour.

Allegedly the shares are going to be linked to the performance of the general stock market as of Thursday/ Is this true, or are we expecting a revaluation soon? From the share price guide, they're worth £2.70 each until December.

jobsfortheboys
10th Oct 2008, 19:39
£2.70 guaranteed till December, no doubt about it.

ImnotanERIC
10th Oct 2008, 20:37
I'm selling mine, emailed hr, and because they are so busy commenting on photo of the day they have been unable to reply to my query.
But as far as i understand it will be £2.70 per share.

anotherthing
11th Oct 2008, 12:44
Selling mine - because if enough are sold, they will re-issue them!!

I believe that at the moment it is a 6 monthly valuation, therefore £2.70 is the price.

If lots of people sell, then I think the value can be reduced before the 6 month valuation date.

Type in 'shares' on the search engine on NatsNet and you will get all the info

expediteoff
11th Oct 2008, 14:57
Wouldn't surprise me if they do a revaluation before you can sell. This lot are acting like the owners of a Morrocan bazaar in the way they operate.
Bring on Serco!

Radarspod
11th Oct 2008, 21:52
if 1000 employees cashed in tranche 1 and 2 shares, that's over 3 million pounds cash to find at pay day after the share sales forms go in.....that could be interesting - "Sorry, can't pay some of you this month till next week, had to pay shares off". :ok:

autothrottle
12th Oct 2008, 09:26
Once you have sold them back to the trustees can you buy back at a later date when their value has decreased? I thought once you sold them back, that was it...no more for you!

marble bar
12th Oct 2008, 10:46
No once sold they can only be reissued by the company on an equal basis.

Cuddles
13th Oct 2008, 06:49
So if we all sell them, we'll likely get most of them back again?

throw a dyce
13th Oct 2008, 07:08
I think you'd be better cashing them,and spending it or put it in a cash isa.After December is the value going to stay at £2.70? Remember,sell high,buy low.:cool:

Me Me Me Me
13th Oct 2008, 10:21
NATS shares are not floated, cannot be bought or sold on any financial market. Why on Earth would they be linked to the stock market?

The share valuations are done twice a year and are based on a number of measurements of the company performance e.g. profit levels, credit rating, debt, safety performance, meeting of LTIP targets.

The increases in share value in recent years have mostly been on the back of increasing profits and improvements in credit rating. The last increase (whilst profits fell) was due to the repayment of large chunks of debt.

My guess is that falling traffic levels, falling profit etc will lead to their being, at best, no improvement. I wouldn't be surprised to see the price fall slightly.

I'll be selling mine and buying HBOS shares :}

Caesartheboogeyman
13th Oct 2008, 12:46
don't forget the liability of the pension scheme. which will be officially in deficit at the next valuation, due by the end of the year.