PDA

View Full Version : Just to say "thank you..."

Nightrider
7th Oct 2008, 19:54
Young mother with 4 month old baby on board. Suddenly baby has breathing problems, face turns blue; oxygen administered by CC, mother explains they are on the way to BRU for surgery....baby should never ever have been on board.

About 45 miles west of Paris bound for BRU requesting ATC to descend to FL200 high speed to proceed to BRU; ATC requested us to dial 7700 and gave us direct Affligem, they informed BRU and allowed even FL160 (now aircraft cabin was on ground).
BRU ATC offered direct 07R approach (25 was in use), cleared all traffic, halted all traffic for about 3 minutes on ground, we were allowed to gate without any interference from anyone.....

All went fine, Baby had already surgery this evening, little Fatimah survived and according to latest words I just received, all was a great success.

Also not related to the family, do not even know where they are from, in the name of little Fatimah I like to thank everyone for this professional and great experience of helping saving others life.

Reading through a lot of bad things and 'non-event' rubbish here, days like today give me back the proud of being part of mostly excellent colleagues and team-players; it also confirms to me that there are no better jobs around than the ones inside this team.

Thanks to you all.

hit_the_deck
7th Oct 2008, 20:30
Wow, that's great to hear it all worked out, and great work to all involved.:ok:

Brian81
7th Oct 2008, 20:33
As if it needed proving, when push comes to shove we are all human...

and when the Fit hits the Shan, we'll (ATC) pull out every single stop and help anyway (& every way) we can.

Good to hear a happy ending.