PDA

View Full Version : Gatwick New MAP

HeathrowAirport
5th Oct 2008, 22:14
Hi,

Just looked at the NATS AIP and the Gatwick MAP has recently changed from SMA (Straight ahead, Climb 3000ft) to on passing 1DME LGW or 2000ft (Whatever is later) Turn left(26L), Turn right (08R) 180*

I remember that the Phraseology for this was I.E. FCA778D, Go Around I say Again Go Around, Climb Straight Ahead, alt 3000ft.

How do they say it now?

If this is the wrong place, mods please move.

Regards,

R.....

Skipness One Echo
6th Oct 2008, 01:04
Oh God you remind me of me when I was fifteen......I didn't have a girlfriend either :ooh:
Are you really a fifteen year old Concorde pilot as you would have retired at 10 years old if your profile is to be believed (!)

ATCOMANIA
6th Oct 2008, 08:13
That new procedure is the new gatwick SMA. It is generally a much better way of doing things. So when we say to an a/c go around, they should follow this new procedure without any further instructions. If they receive a new clearance from the controller, e.g climb straight ahead to 3A, the pilot should then follow that.

Hope that helps:ok:

Cough
6th Oct 2008, 08:15
Thought the LGW 'standard' MAP was "G/A, when able left 210 degrees climb 3000", or any other variation deemed by ATC. Generally for a really good reason (preferably at 7am along with the chorus of "Morning Crawley!")

BOAC
6th Oct 2008, 10:56
SOE - nice, helpful answer there!:ugh:Compouter Resource Management at its best?

The new MAP is certainly on Jepps.

ATCO Two
6th Oct 2008, 11:26
To answer your question Heathrow Airport, I would expect EGKK ADC to simply say, "go around, I say again go around" or "go around, I say again go around, standard missed approach." The procedure would be programmed into the aircraft FMS already.

HeathrowAirport
6th Oct 2008, 16:29
Oh God you remind me of me when I was fifteen......I didn't have a girlfriend either http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/icon25.gifAre you really a fifteen year old Concorde pilot as you would have retired at 10 years old if your profile is to be believed (!)

Yeah i really fly Concorde (Real World)...It's called Flight Sim...:bored: Why do you want to know my personal life and if i have a Girlfreind...Yes i do if you really want to know.

Hi Guys,

Thanks very Much for confirming this. I really do appreciate it.:ok:

Regards,

Robbie

chiglet
6th Oct 2008, 21:22
Yeah i really fly Concorde (Real World)...It's called Flight Sim...
Robbie,
You do NOT, nor ever will fly Concorde. Full Stop
You "fly" as a lot of people [including me] "Simulated Aeroplanes". I repeat, Simulated Aeroplanes...
You are "rated" on Vatsim......well done. but you are not a pilot. You are not old enough to be a pilot.
Look at the Forums. Read the Forums, Digest the Forums...there is a "Flight Simulator Community Website" where you can post to other "like minded people"
BUT, do not take umbrage, if people question your credentials..or lack thereof.
Happy Simming
watp,iktch

rickypbrown
6th Oct 2008, 23:17
To confirm, the procedure was changed so that all we have to say is "[callsign] go around, I say again, go around, acknowledge." and the aircraft will execute a turn without any further instructions from ATC.

ProM
7th Oct 2008, 11:49
Good to see that in this internet age we still keep that old equivalent of a pilot meeting a youngster and saying "I wanted to be a pilot when I was your age too", and letting him sit in the cockpit, have his photo taken beside the aircraft, or whatever was possible to encourage the youngster

When the pilots do not live up to the image of youngsters, the image that people have of pilots will change. Bus-drivers can be rude as well

chiglet
7th Oct 2008, 17:50
chiglet do you need a hand getting that chip off your shoulder?

Not at all.

Yeah i really fly Concorde (Real World)...It's called Flight Sim

Of course he does

IF, I repeat IF, he was to go on the Wannabe, or Spectators Balconies Forums, I would not have a problem.
[To be fair, he has asked the Mods to move it]
BUT, he states in his profile that he is a Concorde pilot....He ain't

You "fly" as a lot of people [including me] "Simulated Aeroplanes". I repeat, Simulated Aeroplanes...

I have also flown "Real" aeroplanes...but I do NOT claim to be Rated on any one....BTW
I have flown a Wright Flyer at M1.2 at FL1000, and I have "Looped" a B747...all on Flight Sim...of course
If you have a problem with this, then tell me [sensibly] and I will delete my posts
watp,iktch

Cough
7th Oct 2008, 18:11
The procedure would be programmed into the aircraft FMS already.

The procedure is in the FMS. But it currently is not coded correctly for an early G/A. The coding currently in our aircraft will wait until the R/W threshold before turning, instead of 1d prior (assuming that the 2000' was already achieved).

Just a heads up!

chiglet
7th Oct 2008, 20:12
Cough,
When the [then] new procs came in force, an RAF Canberra was doing an "overshoot"..... When told to "Go around", he did an orbit , on a 2 mile final.....fortunately, there was a gap in arriving tfc :ok:
The Civvie/Mil procs were [afaicr] 2-3 months in arrears.....
watp,iktch

Skipness One Echo
7th Oct 2008, 22:12
Yeah i really fly Concorde (Real World)...It's called Flight Sim...

Enough said I think.

HeathrowAirport
8th Oct 2008, 08:40
No they no longer fly, the last time one flew was into Bristol as G-BOAF In 2003.

Thanks to those wishing to help, and who did. Instead of Bashing me becuase of my age and profile.

Chiglet i also have had the chance to fly in a PA28... Real WORLD!

Edit and i too am not rated. But it's a start.