View Full Version : Xmas and Newyear Working

Manchester ATC
5th Oct 2008, 04:07
Its that time of the year again. Who's working Xmas and Newyear?.:ok:

No skiving this year please.:=

Volunteers always welcome:D:sad:

DC10RealMan
5th Oct 2008, 07:25
No thank you. Last working day finishes at 1800 on Christmas Eve and then retirement. No more Christmas, Public Holidays, or night shifts for me.

DAL208
5th Oct 2008, 09:17
My birthday is Xmas eve.

I'm working afternoon Xmas Eve, and Afternoon Xmas Day.

Also, all my family live 200 miles away, my housemates will all be away for xmas, so i will literally be all alone on my birthday and Xmas Day. How depressing.

Oh, also working New Years Day Morning.

Yes, come on...sympathy needed here!:(

Nightrider
5th Oct 2008, 09:43
you lucky guys know already your xmas schedule? :sad: I would appreciate to know what I am supposed to do end of this month....:* let alone the changes coming up this week.. :ugh:

Jagohu
5th Oct 2008, 11:48
I'll be working too on the night of the 24th - after that fortunately not until the 3 January :)

autothrottle
5th Oct 2008, 11:53
Is that really you finished in December Tony? ;)

ayrprox
5th Oct 2008, 13:20
yep, working xmas and new year this year.....same as every year http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/xmassleigh.gif

DC10RealMan
5th Oct 2008, 18:18
Autothrottle.

Yes mate. I was asked by the watch manager why I was leaving and I replied that "I cant be arsed any more"

chiglet
5th Oct 2008, 19:40
Rostered Mornings [6.30 start] 25/26th, 31+3 off:ok:
watp,iktch

GM WAN TO BE
5th Oct 2008, 21:32
Hey DC10RealMan

Was your OM stuck for words???

45 before POL
5th Oct 2008, 21:36
I got Xmas Day/Boxing Day /New Years Eve/New years Day working....Ouch!! But then i aint worked one for 4 years bit like buses!!!!:{:{:{

simfly
5th Oct 2008, 21:44
depends if I validate before then or not..... if I do, then I'm working the lot, if I don't then not... what to do???? :sad::rolleyes::ugh:

JustaFew
5th Oct 2008, 21:54
Validate, 'cos you'll get a pay rise a month earlier. As soon as New Year's day has passed, apply for leave for Christmas etc. because you just worked the last one!

simfly
5th Oct 2008, 22:23
lol! yeah, to validate was always no 1 priority anyway, not even xmas will put me off! unless i'm just simply not good enough :{

autothrottle
6th Oct 2008, 06:23
Way to go Tony...have a happy and healthy retirement, will remember those footie games fondly!

a/t:ok:

DC10RealMan
6th Oct 2008, 06:44
Autothrottle and GM,

Thank you for those kind words. I think that nowadays I have realised that my older colleagues and I are regarded as a bit of an anachronism in the brave new commercial world of nats and that we are a bit of an embarrassment as our primary concern is for safety and our colleagues welfare. I have decided therefore to have my own version of "Visions 2009" in which I am liberated and inspired by my own "destinations" of flying, football, fishing, and travelling.

chevvron
6th Oct 2008, 09:59
I go at the end of November, but I'm not sure if I can stand the sudden transition. May have to try part time somewhere for a year or so to 'wind down'.

PH-UKU
6th Oct 2008, 11:56
yep, working xmas and new year this year.....same as every year

Shouldn't do AAVAs then !! :p :}

britkit
6th Oct 2008, 15:42
Yeah, I'm working Christmas too. Definitely Christmas Eve and not sure about Christmas Day itself until Christmas Eve evening, as it depends on the operators :confused:

I'm on my own with the other people away and family all further up the country so, yes some sympathy would be nice ;)

Don't mind working New Year as I'm not a big drinker...

ayrprox
6th Oct 2008, 17:00
Shouldn't do AAVAs then !!

i know you were joking but dont do them, never have. think its cheap labour for the company, not enough of a financial penalty. Think its cheaper for the company to employ people on an aava , than to increase the number of controllers to the level it should be at, but thats a whole different argument!
apologies for the thread detour

merry xmas , hohoho :E

holdandmaintain
9th Oct 2008, 08:31
http://bluebuddies.com/gallery/Black_and_White_Smurf_Pictures/jpg/Smurfs_Picture_Violin_Smurf.jpg

DAL208 - will have some christmas cake waiting for you.....
As for the rest, merry christmas - humbug grumble grumble...:{

Manchester ATC
12th Oct 2008, 22:22
Replying to Manchester ATC this thread wouldn't have been prompted by the chap or chapesse who, having been told months beforehand that he, or she would be working on Christmas day advised his roster writer that they would be sick on the day and better have somebody else on standsby; and do you know what he or she DID ring in sick the day before which meant the standby had to come in, good job he didn't go sick

Me No:=

I wont be in this year| Next year, or The year after.

:D:D:D:ok:

250 kts
14th Oct 2008, 16:44
or she would be working on Christmas day advised his roster writer that they would be sick on the day and better have somebody else on standsby; and do you know what he or she DID ring in sick the day before which meant the standby had to come in, good job he didn't go sick

I can't believe he/she could ever have the nerve to show their face again on the watch, especially to the person whom they shafted.

45 before POL
15th Oct 2008, 10:10
Nothing a chat behind the bikeshed wouldn't have sorted out years ago..:E:E:E however colleagues like that, great team player..not!!