PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Traffic in Gatwick area? (3/10/08 at 20:00)

Cricket23
3rd Oct 2008, 23:37
Hi,

I was driving in Lower Beeding (small village sth of Gatwick) tonight 20:00 and was amazed to see some unusual air traffic, so much so about half a dozen cars stopped and about a dozen of us gazed upwards in ET type fashion.

I could clearly see the usual traffic coming/going from Gatwick, but this was a series of about 20/25 fast moving (amber) lights moving from West to East in loose formation. What was even stranger was that there was absolutely no noise coming from the lights, so it defiantly was not an aeroplane or a helicopter. Neither were they shooting stars. I think at one point an aeroplane flew over the lights, so they weren't that high. Additionally, as some of the lights approached they simply went out.

It was really weird, I hadn't been drinking, and as I say it was witnessed by at least a dozen people.

I don't usually go in for UFO's and little green men, but I'm stumped for a logical explanation.

So, I was wondering whether or not any of you guys/girls saw anything on a radar screen etc. Or do you know of any unusual activity in the area.

I expect that a few will take the p@ss, but it was really weird and creepy.

Thanks in advance,

C23

NeoDude
4th Oct 2008, 01:27
Chinese Lanterns?

Red Four
4th Oct 2008, 06:25
You have your answer from neodude,

Thai Lanterns http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i317/free_spirit_2006/UFOsorThaiLantern.jpg

The wind has to be not too blowy to launch these successfully, and they do look strange when seen altogether, we regularly get media 'UFO' reports when someone has launched some of these in our area.

Cricket23
4th Oct 2008, 10:52
Thanks Neo and Red, yes this was exactly what I saw. Have now ordered a pack of 10. Standby for more UFO reports! :ok:

Regards,

C23