PDA

View Full Version : scottish atc on 121.5

ahwhataloadofsugar
3rd Oct 2008, 13:41
what isit they are saying on 121.5 its not a freq test they are saying something about a scenario being cancelled maybe? can anyone shed some light? heard it this morning around 1230 or so. cheers

classicwings
3rd Oct 2008, 15:08
Ever heard of the aeronautical Emergency Frequency?- it is 121.5 MHz. Used by pilots for a MayDay or PanPan.

ahwhataloadofsugar
3rd Oct 2008, 17:35
Thanks for your response i was thinking why everyday i tune it up in my box2 and monitor it all day long listening to all those perfectly executed practise pan calls....... but my q is sometimes you hear a broadcast and at end i hear broadcast out, its no emergency jus wondering what it was for myself , anyone know what it is? :ok:

mad_jock
3rd Oct 2008, 18:31
I assume the calls you are hearing fall into 2 cats.

1. Any sigmets get broadcast on 121.5 usually it will be mountain wave in excess of 500ft/min or turb

2. Any SAR operations in the hills they set up temp airspace restrictions for the rescue crew.
Again these are broadcast on 121.5.

I am sure there are other bits of important info they broadcast as well.

ahwhataloadofsugar
3rd Oct 2008, 18:47
thats prob what i heard about the weather today cheers for the info. :D

sevenstar
3rd Oct 2008, 22:10
Anything to do with the two russian bears being intercepted perhaps?

Spandexwonderdog
7th Mar 2009, 20:35
Why would that ever be broadcast on 121.5! A matter of National Security being broadcast on a readily available unsecure frequency! Yeah right. What planet do you live on Sevenstar. :confused: