PDA

View Full Version : bmi's A330's Return To TLS for Refit ?

Justin Cyder-Belvoir
17th May 2001, 12:31
When Bm decided to start TransAtlantoc services they planned to config their big Fifi's 48/56/108. That's quite an ambitious fit considering the existing competition.

They have gone into service though apparently in a 24/56/172 config but are returning to TLS to be re-configed in a higher density fit. Bitten off more than they can chew ? Or has the Welsh Wizard's magic wand failed him yet again ?

Max Angle
17th May 2001, 17:32
I had heard in the crew room that plan is to run 24 bizz seats out of Manchester and 48 out of LHR when (and if) we get clearance to go over the pond from London. But I only work here so probably know far less than most others!.

foghorn
17th May 2001, 17:56
J.C-B, that's one fo the funniest pprune handles I've seen for a long while.

:) :) :) :) :) :)

(sorry, off topic I know)

Justin Cyder-Belvoir
17th May 2001, 21:28
Sorry.

I rescued it from the Military Forum before it was consigned to the home for retired name badges.

As for the varying fits ex MAN and LHR that sounds great ...............except for one tiny prob. bmi don't have licences ex LHR yet.

Oh and what happens when you want to swap one jet for another ? Will a 24 config work out of LHR ?

M14P
17th May 2001, 23:26
Allegedly the config change was decided upon a while back but it was, from a legal standpoint, too late for the current build. Therefore the aircraft had to be delivered then 'refitted'. Silly, ain't it but it shows you how legally 'tight' you have to be when you're spending hundreds of millions of dollars.

LHR dependant upon renegotiation of Bermuda II. But that's another story...