PDA

View Full Version : Senic Flights in Norfolk or London?

mcgrath50
30th Sep 2008, 09:12
Hi,

I am over from Australia soon and am looking to do a senic flight either in Norfolk (preferable) or London. I don't mind if you are a private pilot or it is with a bussiness or club. I would like good value for money and good knowledge of the area to show me the important sites etc.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction :ok:

VictorGolf
30th Sep 2008, 10:23
G'day,
Classic Wings at Duxford do a flight from there over London and back and it's great fun. The icing on the cake is that it is in a Dragon Rapide and you have the museum to visit when you return. Alternatively I think you can get a Stearman ride at Old Buckenham which would cover the Norfolk end of things.

Lister Noble
30th Sep 2008, 11:44
I can highly recommend the Stearman flight from Old Buckenham in Norfolk,I did my 2 year check in it and it is a wonderful experience.
They fly mostly Friday,Saturday and Sundays,the price will be around £450/hour and you will have a bit of hands on if you want,also some aerobatics if you wish.
Telephone 01953 860806.

Lister:)

mcgrath50
30th Sep 2008, 17:52
Both those look great, I had forgotten how expensive flying was over here! To give a comparison, in Oz I get $200 an hour for a Cessna 152, and that is one of the mor expensive clubs!!

Lister Noble
30th Sep 2008, 18:07
You can hire a 150 or PA 28 with instructor for around £130-145/hr around here.
You pay more for stuff that costs lots more to run!
Lister:)

javelin
30th Sep 2008, 21:31
That would be Scenic I guess ?

We wonder why we sent them over in the first place :E

kevmusic
30th Sep 2008, 22:42
That would be Scenic I guess ?

....er, no it wouldn't. It would be "scenic". :cool:

ShyTorque
1st Oct 2008, 18:16
I don't mind if you are a private pilot or it is with a bussiness or club. I would like good value for money and good knowledge of the area to show me the important sites etc.

Be aware that a private pilot is definitely not allowed to fly for remuneration in UK.

Rabbs
2nd Oct 2008, 18:45
Check your pm I'd happily take you on a tour of Norfolk (split hour cost) - it is very flat though so the sites are limited to Norwich, WW2 airfields, coast line & seals, powerstation, Lakenheath. Norfolkites can add anything else worth looking at.

Otherwise as per other posts here I can recommend Old Buck - ask for Gerry and get him to take you out for the tour either in PA28 or Stearman

Old Buckenham Airfield | Old Buckenham Airshow | Air Show Norfolk (http://www.oldbuck.com/)

julian_storey
4th Oct 2008, 03:54
Be aware that a private pilot is definitely not allowed to fly for remuneration in UK.

Whilst this is absolutely true, if the initial poster were to loiter around a flying club, make a few friends and offer to share the costs of a flight pursuant to the rules on cost sharing, laid down in the ANO - that could well be his cheapest option.