PDA

View Full Version : Airvan GA8 W&B program

where ever what ever
29th Sep 2008, 08:41
HI
I'm looking for a pc or online program for a Airvan GA8 W&B I use Flightstar for our other aircraft but have to do the Airvan on paper due to its unusual W&B system. Does anyone know of a flash, excell, ect program I can use

Cheers

john_tullamarine
29th Sep 2008, 22:46
I haven't had an opportunity to review the GA8 loading information but suspect that there ought not to be anything terribly unusual about it as the aircraft is very conventional.

About the only thing I can bring to mind as a possibility is that the engineer who was heavily involved in the early design development (Colin N) was ex-Nomad and the Nomad AFM had an unusual (but entirely fine) trimsheet entry argument design (the name of the chap who came up with it just eludes my recall at the moment although I can picture him quite clearly - while it is a cute solution it is, in my view, inferior to the standard way of doing things).

How about you post some graphic scans from the GA8 documentation and we can offer comment for the interest of the readership. Along the way I'm sure that your main question can be answered very quickly and simply.

Warning - please be very careful pinching someone else's computer based loading system (or, for that matter, paper based loading system) unless you have the capability to review, test and determine that it is applicable to your aeroplane .. a real trap for young players ... one of the reasons that most jurisdictions require an appropriate person to approve loading systems.

Brian Abraham
30th Sep 2008, 01:29
I've had a look at the type certificate and seems quite straightforward. I can adapt an excel program I've made for personal use on other aircraft and forward if you wish, but be mindful of the warning as put forward by JT.

where ever what ever
30th Sep 2008, 11:36
Thanks
I take on board the warnings, and will be running this alongside the current paper one for a while, just trying to streamline our paperwork as this is the only element which is not possible to email.

Also we remove two seats to make the customers happy with regards to legroom and its used for sightseeing flights only so no baggage.. hence W&B is always ok

cheers