PDA

View Full Version : confuser questions...

liam548
28th Sep 2008, 19:14
I am about to take my air law exam (ppl). Are the questions in the confuser book the exact questions tat come up in the exam, (40 of them) or are they merely like the questions from the exam?

Liam

Shunter
28th Sep 2008, 19:33
No. They're not the exact questions. They're "similar", but they're not the same.

Crash one
28th Sep 2008, 19:36
They are very much like them, but not the actual questions, If you can get 90% + in the confuser you should pass.

Keygrip
29th Sep 2008, 03:12
...and if you LEARN the subject (not the answers) you'll not only pass, but you'll remember it for another day.

Brian304
29th Sep 2008, 03:51
Thats true, learn the subject because when you get to your ATPL's you'll just be reviewing the same thing but in more depth. I would say that the questions in the confuser are abit similar though.

Brian304:rolleyes:

Keygrip
29th Sep 2008, 05:17
....nor will you have to post on here to ask how to renew a class rating or fill in a logbook.

...and....during a checkout when the instructor asks you what the minimum cloud seperation is for VFR in the class of airspace you are flying in - the answer is not "B". (or A, C or D, for that matter).

Whirlygig
29th Sep 2008, 06:52
Ah but if the instructor asks which class of airspace separates IFR from IFR traffic, the answer could be A or B or C or D!!

In my experience, the PPL syllabus contains the useful stuff to know (ATPL doesn't!!) so it is worth learning!

Cheers

Whirls

DRJAD
29th Sep 2008, 08:48
I agree with Keygrip, absolutely.

beany
29th Sep 2008, 11:36
The questions in the confuser are very similar in style - make sure you read them properly before answering - make sure you know what it's asking!

Here's what I did - I read the book (whichever you chose to use) and completed the questions section at the end of each chapter as I went along. These aren't always similar to those in the exam but still get you thinking. Only when I had finished this and completed and understood the questions and answers did I go on to the confuser.

Might not work for everyone but I found it a really good way of retaining the knowledge. At the end of the day you need to understand it to apply it.

Best of luck! :ok:

liam548
29th Sep 2008, 13:14
ive read the book several times now and tried the questions at the end of each chaptor. I just wondered if the confuser had the exact questions or just similar ones.

Thanks for your replies.

Liam

liam548
2nd Oct 2008, 18:09
had a 50 minute lesson on circuits on Tuesday then thought what the hell ill have a go at the exam.

Passed with 90% so first exam down...
:)

Thought questions easier than confuser ones. So if you getting decent scores in confuser you should be ok.