PDA

View Full Version : Flying clubs in North Holland

13thDuke
23rd Sep 2008, 08:18
I've noticed there are a few Nederlands based pilots on here, so I'm looking for recommendations for a flying club not too far from Amsterdam (by public transport). Lelystad & Hilversum seem the obvious choices but perhaps you know better?

And yes, price is an issue!

BackPacker
23rd Sep 2008, 08:29
What sort of aircraft are you looking for? SEP, microlight, glider?

Airfields that are able to receive SEP aircraft, and thus have flying clubs with SEPs on the field, within one hour from Amsterdam are Den Helder (De Kooy), Amsterdam (Schiphol - yes there is a flying club there. Landing fees are eye watering though), Hilversum, Lelystad and Rotterdam (amongst others, the largest club of the Netherlands with ~800 members and some 15 aircraft available).

I did a quick search but could not find a comprehensive list of all clubs at all these airfields. You might be lucky through the websites of these airfields.

13thDuke
23rd Sep 2008, 08:45
Sorry Backpacker - should have said SEP.

Alvast Bedankt!

vanHorck
23rd Sep 2008, 11:31
Middenmeer has a short strip for microlights. It s from where the 2 seater who crashed a couple of weks ago near Hoorn was from.... Seems to be a friendly club, dunno if it s open yet... They currently have a 5 year license and are hoping to open a permanent runway in the future in the Schermer (where i live!) so i hope they ll succeed and make it minimum 650 metres.....

Hilversum is a short field, so go visit it first from the ground if you want to fly in there.

Lelystad is currently not controlled with joining at 90 degrees to downwind from VRP Sierra, it s busy so you need a VERY good look out

jhbehrens
24th Sep 2008, 19:59
I trained about 8 years ago with Vliegclub Flevo in Lelystad which is non profit so rental rates are reasonable.

I have always felt Lelystad is a good place to train as you won't get experience flying with that traffic density at an uncontrolled field anywhere else I have ever been.

Landing fees are steep though.