PDA

View Full Version : Microlight crash in Netherlands

vanHorck
14th Sep 2008, 13:54
according to Dutch news a Microlight has crashed in the water near the city of Hoorn, one dead, one missing.....

vanHorck
14th Sep 2008, 14:42
latest is both occupant have died in the crash
microlight is a Zodiak MLA and came from Middenmeer airfield
no info on their website yet

RIP...

BackPacker
15th Sep 2008, 08:20
Information from the newspapers:

The pilot was the treasurer of the Middenmeer aeroclub, John Ossendorp, who has had his license for over 15 years. He was flying with an unnamed passenger who wanted to obtain his pilots license.

According to witnesses, the wings folded in the air and the aircraft fell in the water at high speed. One occupant could be retrieved from the wreck by divers but the other was jammed and had to be brought up together with the airplane.

vanHorck
15th Sep 2008, 08:27
The Middenmeer aeroclub and airfield are a miracle in themelf. After a long battle they were given a license for 5 years (i believe in 2006) for a strip of some 400 metres, in a country which is hardly GA friendly...

They have over 10 planes on site and over 800 movements lst year.

They deserve a lot of credit and support as well as (now) our sympathy.

I would urge any GA pilot in NL to show your support, they re going to need it

vanHorck
16th Sep 2008, 17:39
an internet condoleance register has now been opened at

Condoleance.nl - John Ossendorp (http://www.condoleance.nl/registers/register_10562.html)

for John Ossendorp.

John was treasurer of the aeroclub Middenmeer, a club which managed to open a microlight airfield in 2006 after over a decade of struggles.

Their website is currently closed but I hope will again soon be on line again at:
Vliegclub Wieringermeer (http://www.vliegclubwieringermeer.nl/)

As the register is in Dutch, should you wish to express your support/condolances, do the following:

On the page click on the right black bar called "condoleance toevoegen"

You are then required to enter your name, your email which will not be published and the third box allows you to write your condolances.

His wife and children as well as his club can do with some support from however far afield

Bert