PDA

View Full Version : Titan prison/ Manchester low level route

Hen Ddraig
13th Sep 2008, 15:35
There have been a number of stories in the local press about a plan to build a titan prison on the Omega buisness park in Warrington.
Does anybody know the position of this buisness park in relation to the manchester low level route?

Hen Ddraig

Time to spare, go by air.

Robin Driver
13th Sep 2008, 17:19
The Omega Business Park is on the site of the old Burtonwood airfied.

Its actually just outside the LLR to the west on the M62. It's a VRP.

Any restricted area would certainly impact on the route, but I have heard that changes are to be made around MCR and LPL to free up some of the airspace and return it to class G.

Sir George Cayley
13th Sep 2008, 18:19
I always thought Titan were a good airline to fly for. Now you say they are planning a prison? :eek:

You can always go around to the east or the west or through if u ask nicely.

There are already large chunks of the Low Level Corridor over which the ability of some transiting a/c to glide clear is compromised, so one more "avoid" won't make that much difference.

Sir George Cayley

gasax
13th Sep 2008, 20:19
Ah, but they will put a funny pink colour of shading on the map - and if we fly into it then we'll be in the pooh!

Although quite what difference flying over a priswion could possibly make escapes me!!!

TotalBeginner
13th Sep 2008, 20:41
Although quite what difference flying over a priswion could possibly make escapes me!!!

The "pink shading" over prisons usually only applies to helicopters (obviously a chopper landing at a prison or appearing to position for a landing would cause some concern)

rug-rats
13th Sep 2008, 21:57
(obviously a chopper landing at a prison or appearing to position for a landing would cause some concern)

As seen at Gartree (sp)? prison back in the 80's:eek:

microlight AV8R
14th Sep 2008, 10:40
Quote:
"Although quite what difference flying over a priswion could possibly make escapes me!!! "

Was that a deliberate pun?

AMEandPPL
14th Sep 2008, 13:25
stories in the local press about a plan to build a titan prison

Does that just mean a BIG prison ? Or does "titan" have some other meaning I've not grasped ?

In the NW area we already have "Grisley Risley" (for the naughty boys! ), and a fairly recently built prison to the S and W of Chorley. Both of those look pretty big from the air !

Hen Ddraig
15th Sep 2008, 16:24
Titan is the generic name for new large (2500 prisoners each) planned by the government. Each will be divided into four smaller individual prisons and as we care so much for our prison population the land requirements are vast.

Time to spare, go by air

Hen Ddraig

C172 Hawk XP
15th Sep 2008, 22:43
I have heard that changes are to be made around MCR and LPL to free up some of the airspace

I have heard that too. Maybe sometime next year, cutting off NW corner of Manchester CTZ. Direct track possible from Barton to Stretton, maybe right over the Thelwall viaduct.