View Full Version : ATC EGNJ Thanks

snchater
7th Sep 2008, 16:52
I needed to fly a non precission approach today as part of my IMC revalidation. EGNJ 03 NDB/DME was my choice but the ADF in my C182 was u/s. The lady radar controller gave me a SRA to 03 despite being extremly busy with commercial and private traffic - thank you

G-BHIB

Gulfstreamaviator
8th Sep 2008, 18:20
Not quite sure how you revalidate a Non Precision approach requirment by a Precision Approach Radar.
Discuss.
glf

Red Four
8th Sep 2008, 18:25
Yes but this was an SRA, which is a non-precision approach!

This is a crisis
8th Sep 2008, 18:31
Quite easy - a Surveillance Radar Approach is a non-precision approach!

Are you thinking of a Precision Approach Radar? This is mainly used by the military, if they still use it. Difference is the provision of glidepath information which you dont get with an SRA

:ok:

snchater
9th Sep 2008, 06:23
Typical PPRUNE - I try to pay a compliment to ATC at Humberside and someone tries to nit-pick (but infact shows their own misunderstanding of SRA)

pumuckl
10th Sep 2008, 21:45
Snchater, thank you for your kind comments. I know the controller involved and I will pass your thanks on to her. Much appreciated.

Regards
P :ok:

autothrottle
11th Sep 2008, 06:16
Always found the ATC staff there to be very helpfull and good at accomadating instrument training traffic...unlike some places!:ok:

bri1980
24th Sep 2008, 14:35
I fly in the Humberside area quite a lot, usually on the approach frequency with a radar service. I must say that I always find Humberside very professional and accomodating even when they are very busy. Thanks to the folks at EGNJ and keep up the good work!

WorkingHard
24th Sep 2008, 21:10
I second all the nice comments about Humberside ATC staff. I talk with you quite a lot and whilst I appreciate you are not the busiest airport you accomodate us all even in your busy times. Thanks.