PDA

View Full Version : Sheffield City Flying School

thedangerousstuntman
5th Sep 2008, 14:19
I understand that this school has relocated to Doncaster and they also have a base at Sandtoft since the closure of Sheffield City.

I was wondering if anyone has had any past training with this school and what your experience was like with them. Would you recommend them?

Hope you can help and thanks for your time.

bigfoot01
5th Sep 2008, 16:50
Learnt to fly at Sheffield, great loss. Fly from time to time with SFC from Sandtoft, same people, I have found them to be excellent. Been into Doncaster a few times, massive runway! Very interesting circuits...

Best thing to do is go up there and have a chat. The main thing is how you find your instructor, there are lots and they change from time to time, but as a club it has a good buzz.

pilotinthemakin
17th Sep 2008, 21:24
I suppose with today’s financial climate the question you should be asking around is.. What school has a strong financial backing? Not like the outfit that went bust at Sheffield City with students papers.

I do hear that Sheffield City Flying School has a very good reputation and is highly recommended by past students.

The best bet would be to get some past SCFS students to chat too.

Regards.

bigfoot01
17th Sep 2008, 21:42
I think that was Yorkshire Flying School and that was before the Redit Runch! I think anything to do with flying, always pay be credit card!

Julian
18th Sep 2008, 14:39
I was in their offices last weekend and they were very busy, it seems that they are weathering the current glut pretty well (NB: I dont work or have any connection with them!).

I havent trained with them but talking to students there they seem pretty happy with the quality they are getting. I would give them a call them go down and kick some tyres and see what you think.

Donny itself is a nice airport and will be an intersting place to learn, the only down side one you start flying yourself is that fuel is more expensive than average which is why everyone calls in at Sandtoft on the way home for refueling.

J.