PDA

View Full Version : IR 747 returns after engine fire

G-ARZG
3rd Sep 2008, 16:12
Iran Air flight makes emergency landing after fire - Transportation - ArabianBusiness.com (http://www.arabianbusiness.com/529822-iran-air-flight-makes-emergency-landing)

Pugilistic Animus
3rd Sep 2008, 17:13
The Airbus A320 jet suffered a hydraulic engine failure and landed as a precaution, it said.

my bold :ugh:

TheSwede
3rd Sep 2008, 17:17
It says;

" An Air India flight en route from Kochi in southern India to Muscat also made an unscheduled stop in Mumbai just over an hour later, the news agency said, quoting an airport official.

The Airbus A320 jet suffered a hydraulic engine failure and landed as a precaution, it said."

G-ARZG
3rd Sep 2008, 19:50
The article in full:-

An Iran Air flight heading to Tehran returned to the Indian city of Mumbai soon after take-off and made an emergency landing after one of its engines caught fire, an airport official said on Wednesday.

"Full emergency was declared on Iran Air flight IR 811, after one of its engines caught fire," the unnamed representative from Mumbai's international airport told the Press Trust of India news agency.

All 294 passengers on board the Boeing 747-200 aircraft were safe after the landing on Tuesday night.

An Air India flight en route from Kochi in southern India to Muscat also made an unscheduled stop in Mumbai just over an hour later, the news agency said, quoting an airport official.

The Airbus A320 jet suffered a hydraulic engine failure and landed as a precaution, it said.

NSC
3rd Sep 2008, 21:44
hey guys and girls, I know this is rumour's network. BUT.... are we starting a thread every goddamn time there is a incident (not accident) In my time I had two aircraft comming home to roost with smoke incabin. yep big ******* deal but not worthy of mentioning on PPrune. Maybe y'all are a little sensitive since last 2-3 weeks with all the hoolabaloo and ACCIDENTS, but please, stop scanning the ATC websites for posting jibberish, ok?