PDA

View Full Version : Tupolev "727ski" crash

ExSimGuy
6th Jul 2001, 00:29
More than 24 hours after, I can't find any mention on the board.

Anyone got any ideas? BBC saying "recently serviced" in a way that suggested it had just had it's MOT test.

Russians reported as saying "we are trying to establish why all 3 engines went out"

From my simplistic viewpoint, there's only 2 likely scenarios that would cause a 3-engine loss at that point of the flight (about to do a refuelling stop halfway to destination) and the obvious one is that they "ran out of Jet A1"

Maybe PPRuNe hasn't managed too much penetation into the former USSR but this was a bad situation with serious loss of life.

Did I miss a post somewhere? (if so, please, moderators, lock this one and point us to the main thread)

At least one of the "black boxes" so far has been retrieved and sent for analysis. Any info "out there"

------------------
What goes around . . .
. . often lands better!

Hot Rod
6th Jul 2001, 00:54
Have a look at Air Crash" (http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/Forum1/HTML/014532.html), 22 replies so far....

Edited to provide link to existing thread on the subject.

[This message has been edited by Capt PPRuNe (edited 05 July 2001).]

ATC Watcher
6th Jul 2001, 00:58
A Tu154 a 727ski ? You obviously never flew in the 2 types !Never try to land a 727 in places the 154 goes to, my friend.
As to the reason of the crash, never listen to the media, even more the Russian media.
The real reasons of the crash, like most of the recent crashs, will probably never be made public, and almost certainly have to do with the current disastrous economic situation many airlines in the CIS are currently.