PDA

View Full Version : To fly in Canada... what to do

kirkegaard
26th Aug 2008, 13:25
Hi
I want like to fly in Canada. I'm a Danish citizen, got my flight training in the states and flew a bit in Africa as a bush-pilot.
I don't have a lot of hours (262 TT, 209 ME), but I'm really keen on flying in beautiful Canada..
Any suggestions on how to approach this?
Also, any companies/charters that would be good looking into?

Hope that someone would like to share some info..

Cheers

Mr Lover
27th Aug 2008, 02:20
You can easily convert your FAA to CAN licence (only medical, 40 questions air law exam, no flight test) see transport Canada web site.

Then if you have wife and kid you can apply for immigration and will be welcome in Canada (we need tax payers) if you don t have this package you can come to Canada and find a wife... :ok:

Good luck

takamasa
27th Aug 2008, 03:18
i think u have a pretty good resume with ME time.

but then 280 tt is little bit less.

i would recommend u to try anywayz.

go to pilotcareercentre.com , there are a lot charter companies, maybe navajo, kingair.

but first of all, u have to do the conversion first.

cojonudo
27th Aug 2008, 08:55
Could you tell me how is the procedure to convert my JAA-ATPL to CAN ATPL.

Thank You !!!!

moneytalk001
27th Aug 2008, 09:30
just a quick...Q's
TT is 262 and 203 ME...:confused:. and 59 on single???

Did you do most of your traning on Twin???

kirkegaard
28th Aug 2008, 13:32
Great thanks guys. will try my best looking for a place to apply.

Yes, I did most of my training on a twin, a BE-76

kirkegaard
28th Aug 2008, 22:43
Hi
Just a quick question. Should I go to Canada, convert my FAA commercial licence and then go out to the companies to look for a job or is that to risky - moneywise? Or is the best and safest way just to apply by email and say that I'll convert after being hired, or will I just get a no right away?
Aren't a lot of americans coming up to Canada to get the jobs?

I always wanted to come to Canada to fly, but it's a long way if the chances are extremely slim.

robbreid
29th Aug 2008, 14:06
Here is two Canadian Aviation forums that you'll be able to find all the information you may require should you decide to come to Canada.

AVCANADA :::WELCOME::: (http://www.avcanada.ca)

Aviation.ca - Your Number One Source for Canadian Aviation News, Jobs and Information! (http://www.aviation.ca/)

faith21
25th Sep 2008, 15:33
Hi at all!!
how can I convert my canadian(caa) licence into an eurpean licence(jaa)?
thanks in advance

DenizD
25th Sep 2008, 16:08
it looks we're going through every possible scenario now! http://forum.ebaumsworld.com/images/smilies/boink.gif

daan
7th Oct 2008, 09:39
hi guys, how does it work to get a Canada CPL from an SACPL(south african)?

North Shore
17th Oct 2008, 06:40
daan, look up 3 posts and click on the link to AvCanada - there's a bit more local knowledge and action there..

rotornut
17th Oct 2008, 11:53
kirkegaard
Better bring some Akavit if you plan to fly in Ontario - you can't get it here anymore!