PDA

View Full Version : Theoretical Examinations in the UK

allenwiller
22nd Aug 2008, 14:30
I am a student pilot (PPL) in France. As my French is not good enough to sit the theoretical exams in French, I contacted the French authorities and asked them whether I could sit the exams in the UK and whether they would accept the pass results obtained in the UK. They informed me that in the UK (apparently) it is the private flying institutions which set the exams and students sit their exams at their own flying schools and not at a central location. Because of this reason, the French authorities do not accept the exam results from the UK!

I assume that the exam results issued by a flying schol would in any event be endorsed by the CAA in which case the French authorities would have to accept them.

My question is, what happens when a student in the UK passes his/her exams? Is the document issued by the flying school certifying that the student has passed the exams then counter signed/stamped by the CAA? If so, can someone send please me such a document (even with the name of the student hidden) with which I can approach the French authorities and ask them to reconsider their position?

I would be very grateful for any advice on this matter.

G CEXO
22nd Aug 2008, 14:43
A file is created at the flying school in the UK. Each exam is sat and once passed, the relevant paper is put within that file until it has 7 theoretical pass papers and 1 for the radiotelephony. As soon as the PPL skills test is passed, the file consisting of the exams and skills tests passes is then sent to the CAA for license approval.

If your english is of a better standard than french, I would advise you to get yourself into a flying school which teaches in english.

All the best in what ever choice you make :ok:

G-XO

Whopity
23rd Aug 2008, 14:05
Have a chat with Sue Virr at Toulouse, she is doing UK instruction in France! francoflyers: Nearly Heaven for a French PPL (http://www.francoflyers.org/2008/07/nearly-heaven-f.html)