PDA

View Full Version : Spanair Survivors

G-STAW
20th Aug 2008, 13:45
BBC now saying 20 injured, 160 on board.

my thoughts are with the passenger, crew and the emergency services at this time.

G-STAW

Romeo India Xray
20th Aug 2008, 13:47
My thoughts are with all those involved and my prayers are that reports of "no fatalities" will be true and remain that way.

RIX

bubblesqueaker
20th Aug 2008, 14:00
Poor people... fingers crossed the fatalities dont go up.

Irishtjs
20th Aug 2008, 14:11
This is horrific..My thoughts are with the crew, pax and emergency services at this tough time...

mattford51
20th Aug 2008, 14:37
Sometimes the mindless dribble the media come out with makes my blood boil...

My thoughts are with all those involved.

bubblesqueaker
20th Aug 2008, 14:39
BBC reporting (based on Reuters) most of the passengers have died. about 25 got off - not confirmed. How awful, thoughts with everyone involved!

Skyhigh-Ulster
20th Aug 2008, 14:57
My thoughts are with the families of the dead and injured ( including the crew )

Lastest reports - at least 45 dead :(

strake
20th Aug 2008, 15:01
A desperately sad situation unfolding but a very impressive response from the emergency services in Madrid.

eagle21
20th Aug 2008, 15:05
A desperately sad situation unfolding but a very impressive response from the emergency services in Madrid.

Unfortunately we had a hard lesson with the Madrid bombings.

RIP, and let's hope those injured make a quick recovery.

Jonty
20th Aug 2008, 15:22
Very sad news.

My thoughts are with all those involved.

EDIspotter
20th Aug 2008, 15:25
Very sad news indeed.

May god rest any lost souls.

Best we can hope for now is that these more conservative loss figures are correct rather than some of the more extreme reports

ludovicus64
20th Aug 2008, 15:26
Sad day today... The most difficult is to know that they tried to takeoff once, and after a mechanical check they have been allowed to go... Many persons won't sleep well tonight...

Marsh Hawk
20th Aug 2008, 15:48
As I follow the reports of this accident, and see the 20's something number of dead transform instead to the number of survivors, I'm filled with dread. My prayers go out to the friends and family of those on board. Let's hope the investigators will find the cause of this tragic accident quickly. :uhoh:

Magh3
20th Aug 2008, 16:33
Very said day for aviation:( My thoughts are with the families of the crew and passengers..

kwick
20th Aug 2008, 16:35
My "irrelevant" previous post mentioning that 150 were feared dead was deleted, but seems now confirmed by other news agencies reporting on scene. My deep thoughts go with all the families that lost a loved one.

Abusing_the_sky
20th Aug 2008, 17:16
What a sad day. BBC reports at least 100 dead. RIP. Our hearts go out to friends and families. God bless

P.Clostermann
20th Aug 2008, 17:36
What kind of a world are we living in? A world where people start speculating on a crash while the fire is still ablaze? Where relatives and friends of possible victims are being hunted down in terminals and parking lots just to be able to be the first TV station to show emotions and tears?

And all this is being done by "öne day TV celebrities" who dont give a damn about the human aspect of it all!

I am ashamed in their place.

This was a tragic accident and too many people have died! The cold facts will be revealed soon enough and quit honestly, at this moment I dont give a damn!

My thoughts go out to the victims, crew and relatives! GODSPEED!:(

skytrax
20th Aug 2008, 17:43
146 dead ppl
23 injured
3 missing

Rest in Peace! a very sad day!

SU-GCM
20th Aug 2008, 17:43
RIP All Involved No Further comment should be said untill final official report gets out :uhoh:

ukdean
20th Aug 2008, 18:49
Guys I thought it only right that I start this thread that so we can pass our prays and thoughts to the survivors and hope they all pall through on this terrible day. May I also pass on my deepest sympathy to Spanair, godspeed.... Please don't feel this thread with rumours, just condolences..

steel06
20th Aug 2008, 18:52
Rest in Peace

apaddyinuk
21st Aug 2008, 18:51
A really awful accident. None of the crew survived be it cabin or flight deck. It just goes to show that despite all the training and preparation we go through is enough to guarantee us a chance of survival in an incident such as this!!!

captjns
21st Aug 2008, 19:13
To those who lost their lives in this terrible accident...

May the gentle winds always be on your tail and the sun never set on your journey into the hereafter.

keltic
21st Aug 2008, 20:03
All survivors were sitting between rows 9 and fourteen. Lucky. I thought the ones should be on the front. But no....lucky part of the fuselage.

Devastating stories over here. A kid of six wondering around the trees, and crying, asking the firefighters when "this film was going to end".

Sounds like a bit of emotional invention from the media, which is behaving in an obscene way.

NotPilotAtALL
22nd Aug 2008, 14:11
Hi,

Sounds like a bit of emotional invention from the media, which is behaving in an obscene way.

Not media emotional invention
I see (TV) the rescuer in a interview tell this story
Condolences

Cheers.

transwede
22nd Aug 2008, 14:31
Was one of the survivors not a dreadheading FA?