PDA

View Full Version : Hangar space

dragqueen120
20th Aug 2008, 11:50
Hi, I have a Cessna 120 in the Nottingham Area and need a hangar space preferably on a farm type strip to avoid high costs and politics etc (you know the drill)
Any one got any space or have a number for some one?
It is not a shared a/c so will only be little ol me taking her up.

NJTCF
20th Aug 2008, 13:57
Two Strips Spring to mind One is Lambley Jericho Farm Will find all the details in Lockyears Thou Might Not Have Room in the One Hanger. Or theres the Strip at Widmerpool South Lodge Farm Big Hanger Might be Room There Not Far From the A46. Sorry No Details on Widmerpool But You Could always take a drive up there. Cheers.

dragqueen120
20th Aug 2008, 16:07
Hi, I have an outdoor spot at lambley but no room in the hangar and Widmerpool is beeing ploughed up by the farmer very shortly.....keep thinking peeps!

A big garden will do.

Chilli Monster
20th Aug 2008, 18:40
There used to be a strip at Ripley with a 172 or 182 based on it, don't know whether it's still there I'm afraid.

Other than that - have you looked at Hucknall? Not a 'normal' airfield so could be possible.

NJTCF
20th Aug 2008, 19:42
The Strip at Ripley is at Butterley Grange Farm. Not Sure if Still Active.

As you are probably aware there are Not that many strips in notts and most are Microlight strips.

There is another strip at widmerpool think its at manor farm.

Theres Always Tollerton Just Rememeber your Hi Viz Jacket:ok:.

Why is the owner Ploughing the strip up at south lodge farm its been active for years.

muffin
20th Aug 2008, 19:50
The strip at Ripley has planning permission restricted to the owner only, so no other aircraft are permitted to use it. It is right next door to the Derby police helicopter pad and has a wonderful smooth mown surface.

dragqueen120
21st Aug 2008, 11:06
Not sure about why hes ploughing it up...its just what I was told when I enquired. Tollerton is a defo no go...we dont see eye to eye to put it mildly.
Lets all chip in and buy a field???!!
Excuse my spelling I am a little dislexic, I went to a toga party dressed as a goat once!:ugh:

Mark 1
21st Aug 2008, 12:38
There is a strip at Burton-on-the-wolds near Widmerpool. Mostly microlights I think.

No room at Hucknall I'm afraid.

A few microlight strips around like Oxton and Caunton.

NJTCF
21st Aug 2008, 16:56
Think we are struggling here abit. The Only other strip ive heard of is at Great Ponton. Ponton Heath Farm. No More than that think its still Active. What About Saltby I Know its Gliders but it Is operational all year round and they have Built a New Hanger There so maybe worth a Try.

Think its Eggingon Otherwise Depending Which side of Nottingham You Are On. My Local strip in Leics Has Plenty of Hangarage at the Moment But We Are Restricted to Microlight Aircraft. Thou You Do Qualify if you are a member of the BMAA. Strange One that one but least we got the planning permission threw after going to appeal. 500mtrs E/W.

trevs99uk
22nd Aug 2008, 09:50
What about Watnall by M1.

Circuit Information (http://www.microlight.flyer.co.uk/circuit.htm)

Also Langham
I believe they have some light/LAA aircraft based.

trevor

dragqueen120
22nd Aug 2008, 10:35
Tried Saltby....I do some gliding there but apparently no powered a/c apart from a few members??

Wheres your one at leicester? I live on the A46 near Bingham.

NJTCF
25th Aug 2008, 19:13
The Nearest Strip in Leics is at Ellistown Battleflats Farm it is in Lockyears Not Far From Jct 22 of The M1. Near Coalville.

Its A Shame Because Lambley is so Close Cant you Persuade the Owner to Build a new hanger:ok: There.

Also Heard theres a strip at Foston Manor House Farm Not Far.

And a Guy Operates a Kitfox Of a Grass Strip Next to the Disused Airfield at Fulbeck.

And theres Hougham Glebe Farm in Lockyears. Thou I Gather Quite Short.

ericferret
26th Aug 2008, 01:18
Gt Ponton is still active a very nice strip, I fly in fairly often. Think there may be hangar space.

dragqueen120
27th Aug 2008, 10:09
Thanks all! ill start trying to find the phone numbers!:ok::O

Ancientserpeant6
2nd Jul 2009, 10:27
Any luck with hangar space?
I live in Plungar and currently keep my plane down near peterborough. I would love to keep it up here somewhere...but just cant find anyone with a strip locally.

Ancientserpeant6

oldboldpilots
26th Feb 2011, 08:57
Word has it that Langer could be interested in having availability. I have landed there a couple of times recently and have had not trouble with the parachutists
Regards, Steve.