PDA

View Full Version : JAR PPL Air Law Exam (help!)

bh4007
18th Aug 2008, 14:21
Hi, this is my first post after months of occasional browsing on the site. After 14 months of PPL training (!) I am taking my first ground exam. (Due to my A-level work taking priority)

I have an JAA Air Law Exam tomorrow and nobody has actually told me what is on it!

I have the AFE Air Law book (very good btw.) and have read (and hopefully learnt) up to Operational Procedures. Am I right in thinking A/L O/P and COM are three separate exams and I have read all I need to for the test? I have been through the syllabus so it's not me being lazy! Also, what it the style of question ie. short answer/multiple choice? Is it generally easy to pass?

Thanks in advance,
bh4007

1800ed
18th Aug 2008, 14:33
You need to get yourself the 'PPL Confuser' or the 'PPL Simplifier'.

If you are using the AFE books then I'd recommend the AFE PPL Question and Answer Simplifier as it has revision sections written in the same style as the book you are using. I have used it for my exams and have been successful so far.

bh4007
18th Aug 2008, 14:51
Thanks for the advice! Since my exam is tomorrow I wont have time to buy it but I will look to do so for further exams (+ when I resit the Air Law :-)).

Any ideas if operational procedures is separate to the Air Law exam?

Thanks,
bh4007

jxc
18th Aug 2008, 15:11
Hi

All the exams are multiple choice as long as you have read the book a few times you should be ok

JXC

bh4007
18th Aug 2008, 15:13
Anyone know if operational procedures is on the air law exam?

Thanks,
bh4007

bh4007
18th Aug 2008, 15:43
Thanks for the advice! I have read through the material and will do more practice questions before the exam. PPL simplifier is on it's way!

I'll let you guys know how it goes!

Regards,
bh4007

Aviator2008
18th Aug 2008, 23:37
Hi
There are two ways of viewing tomorrow, either you can take the exam with no clue as to how it is set out or the types of questions asked, or you can leave it a week, get a copy of the "ppl confuser" and others books with questions to help ease the confusion, leaving you with a better chance of passing. There is nothing worse than going into an exam with no clue as to what you are facing. Even in your A-levels you will have been given practice questions and previous papers to give a better understanding of the exams ahead.Hope this was helpful

ariel
19th Aug 2008, 11:26
BH

Also, what it the style of question ie. short answer/multiple choice? Is it generally easy to pass?

I can't believe that you are going, (or have gone), into this exam without even knowing if it's multi-choice or not.

Have you not been told anything at all by your school? If not, then that's not at all acceptable. In your situation, I would be extremely unhappy with them.

Hopefully, you will have read the last post, which suggests you leave the exam until you are better prepared.

Alvision
19th Aug 2008, 13:12
I used AirQuiz - Online Practice Examinations for Pilots! (http://www.airquiz.com/) and it seemed to worked quite well as i passed first time.

bh4007
19th Aug 2008, 14:53
I got the test back and scored 70% which is, annoyingly, two questions below the 75% required to pass! I've been told to take it again when I get around 90% in the PPL Confuser questions but they said I clearly knew the material.

Regards,
bh4007