PDA

View Full Version : A320 RTOLW Chart Items

AnginTopan
18th Aug 2008, 13:22
Anyone have a moment to explain a few items on an A320 RTOLW chart?

I have only the disembodied chart from FCOM 2, 2.02.30 P 10, for Rwy 15L at Toulouse, in a text from which I must teach.

No problem with Flex temp, weight increment, V1, VR, and V2, or with the application of TRef, Grad1 and Grad2.

However ...

About the limit code "4-4" which appears for all wind conditions at weights above 124,000 lbs: I understand "4" is for obstacle ... but why two 4's? Is the first "4" for first segment climb, and the second "4" for second segment?

Also, while I have your attention ... the rightmost column, has "TGA 2 3" at the top, then two numbers in the row for each weight. At and below 144,000 lbs, the numbers are all 49, so these must be temps. (I see that TMax at the top of the chart is 49 as well.) How are the temps in this column used?

The benefit of your knowledge and experience will be greatly appreciated!

bflyer
18th Aug 2008, 16:55
Hi angin

As to why there is two 4s, i believe that the 1st figure is the 2nd segment limit and the 2nd figure represent the 3rd segment limit
i stand to be corrected on it , and i will ask around and get back to you soon hopefully
as gor TGA it represents the Temperature to Go Around ..TGA 2 is temp to go around in config 2 and TGA 3 is the same for config 3

example....TGA 2 is 49 deg c....at 62 T at rwy 15L somwhere...it means that the aircraft will not be capable to go around with config 2 selected if temp is higher than 49 or if Gw is higher than 62T

AnginTopan
19th Aug 2008, 12:46
Many thanks. Any additional info will be great.

gearpins
19th Aug 2008, 23:44
Hello there,
4-4 has nothing to do with 1st segment or 2nd.
It purely deals with obstacle.
When optimizing, Most of the time MTOW is obtained at the intersection of two limiting factors hence the two numbers.for example if limited by 2nd seg and obst we get code 2-4.
but if the limiting factor is only one as in your question then the number is just repeated;4-4
have a look at "Getting to grips with perfomance" Appendix2 2.4.3 limitation codes.
:)

AnginTopan
20th Aug 2008, 08:47
Quote:
have a look at "Getting to grips with perfomance" Appendix2 2.4.3 limitation codes.

Ah, how I wish I could! Problem is I don't have that document.

A Google search found two sources online, one at flightlevel400.com and another at wingfiles.com. However, it seems the web cops here have not approved those two sites for general viewing, so I get the standard timeout that occurs when attempting to access an unapproved website here.

A search on the Airbus site did not find it either.

So ... I turned to this forum (with excellent results).

When you look at that table of limitation codes in Appendix 2 2.4.3, is this what it says? :

1 - Maximum structural weight
2 - Second segment or first segment
3 - Runway
4 - Obstacle
5 - Tire speed
6 - Brake energy
7 - Take-off distance 2 engines operative
8 - Final take-off

Are there any more in the list you see? I ask in order to confirm what is written unclearly in the government text I must deal with.

Again, thanks much.

gearpins
20th Aug 2008, 16:50
Try smartcockpit.com
Getting to grips with perfomance" Appendix2 2.4.3 limitation codes also specifically illustrates an example where the limit code is 4-4.and explains with graphs.
tried to cut&paste here but no joy!:hmm:

JSF1
21st Aug 2008, 06:33
They are correct of the TLC codes, however if using Octopus, the numbers correspond to different limitations, and include.

9 - Vmu

AnginTopan
21st Aug 2008, 15:09
Via smartcockpit I have the Getting to Grips document now ... I had tried there, before my original post, but had not located the document due to an overly-restrictive literal search without the word "aircraft" before "performance".

gearpins & JSF1 & bflyer - thank you all.

gearpins
21st Aug 2008, 16:48
cheers mate:ok: