PDA

View Full Version : Instructing Abroad

Speedybird999
12th Aug 2008, 20:20
Hey Everyone,

Just fin up the ATPLs with BGS at the min. Next few months are going to be quick and fast going because I will be starting my CPL/FI course at Stapleford straight after my Module 2 exams at GTW. Quick question to anyone who has instructed or flown abroad, Is there any recommendations for a new FI (R) as to where to go? Iv got a Canadian Passport aswell as British so it does keep doors open. Cabair Moncton has crossed my mind as well as maybe going to Dubai/India if the opportunities existed. I am very flexible to go for anything available. Any recommendations or personal experience would be great.

Cheers

VFE
12th Aug 2008, 20:29
Anywhere exotic (so to speak) would normally require you to be unrestricted which usually means instructing when and where you can until that 100 hours and 25 solo sign off's materialise. After that more doors open.

VFE.

polohippo
13th Aug 2008, 13:53
Go abroad, leave the bad weather behind, get a tan and some hours!!

timzsta
17th Aug 2008, 20:58
If you do the FI course at Stapleford you will probably be well placed to Instruct there. I think there is still a general shortage of FI's in the UK, so you should be able to pick something up.

I know a couple of FI's from Stapleford left to take up FI positions at a school in Oman last year so the world really can be your oyster if you wish once you have a little experience under your belt.

I did my FIC at Stapleford, excellent course, very good Instructors. I know from my friends there its a very happy ship with lots of friendly people around - a good place to start your aviation career. I got a job teaching at an airfield not too far away within a day of my rating coming through in the post.