PDA

View Full Version : Rougham Airshow

Lister Noble
12th Aug 2008, 16:14
Anyone planning on going to the Rougham airshow this w/e?
It is near Bury St Edmunds,Suffolk.
Lister:)

ChampChump
12th Aug 2008, 21:54
If I weren't working and if the forecast looked a lot better than it does...er...yes.

Superb venue from one past experience. It epitomises everything that's good about life in the UK and is therefore an essential antidote to all the over-hyped bad stuff. IMHO.

overandout
13th Aug 2008, 09:45
details please.
Time
freqency
tel for PPO?
food available?
slot required?

trevs99uk
13th Aug 2008, 11:55
I,m heading for here...
To seen the airship and possibly fly up the Thames to the dome.

trevor

Event Type Fly-In
Event Name Essex Pukka Flyin Damyns Hall Eessex
Start Date 16-Aug-2008
End Date
Event Description Come and see the Airship.
+ Camping Overnight Arrive 16 Aug for return 17 Aug at the fantastic Damyn's Hall Airfield Located south of Upminister, Essex, within the M25 just north of the River Thames.
The EMC Flyin is now established as the biggest and best free Fyin in the UK. (In 2007 over 100 aircraft flew in).
FREE Landing and Camping - voluntary donations to the Essex Air Ambulance / Hot Food / Toilets / Special Flying Excursions in loose formation along the Thames to be arranged / Huge Camping Area / 2 massive lovely Runways / A major Microlight Airfield serving the south east.

For Flyin information beforehand contact Steve Sebastian 07932278419. The day before/on the day for Damyn's Hall Airfield Information see: Pooley's or other booklets or Microlight Sport Aviation located at Damyns Hall Aerodrome Essex (http://www.microlightsport.co.uk/Contact/contact.htm)

ICAO code for Aerodrome is EGML

Location Damyn's Hall Airfield
Coords N51 31 72 E000 14 73
Radio Type and Frequency 119.550 Air/Ground "HORNCHURCH Radio"
Web Site Microlight Sport Aviation located at Damyns Hall Aerodrome Essex (http://www.microlightsport.co.uk/Contact/contact.htm)
Organiser Steve Sebastian
Organiser Email [email protected]

Lister Noble
13th Aug 2008, 15:09
All details on site below

Rougham Airfield (http://www.roughamairfield.org/pilots.php)

Lister

BobGrim
13th Aug 2008, 20:09
Yes, I shall be there, flying smoky, musical aerobatics in my Fournier. Bob G

Lister Noble
15th Aug 2008, 13:59
Look forward to seeing you there.
I have the L4 booked for both days but will probably go on Sunday as this appears to be best weather and will have the most aircraft flying.
There will be quite a gathering of WW2 miltary aircraft including the three Stearman display.
Also a mega amount of historic cars etc,it's a good show with lots of things happening.
Lister:)

Lister Noble
18th Aug 2008, 09:56
Good to meet you yesterday,you did a great display in the Fournier.
All in all,a fantastic day once the weather cleared,lots of interesting displays including Stearmans,Mustangs,Spitfire,Lancaster,Pitts radial engine,a glider doing aero's,many others and to top it all the Red Arroes did a fly-past.
I took the L4 and we parked with another L4,an L5 and a Mustang next to a WW2 re-enactment group with all their vehicles,tents etc,it made an interesting and evocative display.

Well done Rougham Estate for letting it happen,and all the organisers for making it a marvellous day.

Thank you.
Lister