PDA

View Full Version : Air Traffic Clearance Time Validity

VinRouge
10th Aug 2008, 10:07
Hi, been looking all morning for the answers to the following limits... I cant find the references anywhere (at least on the net). What are the implicit understood time limits for the following phases of flight?

1) You are cleared to start by air traffic control at time XX:XX are you allowed to start early? what is the maximum?

2) Your flight plan clearance has a departure time. What is the earliest/latest you can get airborne? (CTOT, found on Wiki, -5 +10 Mins).

3) You have been cleared to depart the hold at a set time. Obviously, departing the hold early is a no-no. What is the latest time you would be expected to depart the fix?

Sorry for asking frankly noddy questions. I did know the answers to these questions at one stage :O (honest!)

kme
10th Aug 2008, 11:40
For the hold you are supposed to adapt the leg timings so you leave as close to the cleared time as you can. Never heard about any limits though.

VinRouge
10th Aug 2008, 11:48
Cheers. :ok:

Anyone know the limits for Startup/Calculated off blocks time?

kijangnim
10th Aug 2008, 17:51
Although it goes throught the CFMU in Europe, every airport have a different timing policy. :{

Fullblast
11th Aug 2008, 14:23
1) You are cleared to start by air traffic control at time XX:XX are you allowed to start early? what is the maximum?

As far as I know, if your cleared to start at xx:xx, you'll start at xx:xx, simple. If you wanna start early for any other reason, i.e. conditioning, you tell ground and do it.

FB