PDA

View Full Version : DANA Air Nigeria

Capt. Manuvar
7th Aug 2008, 08:52
Dana Air's new MD80 series 5N-DAL is currently parked at the MMA2 terminal at DNMM. Anybody have an idea what these guys are up to?

LOS
7th Aug 2008, 09:38
A second MD-83 (5N-SRI) will be delivered soon: MyAviation.net - Aviation Photo Gallery (http://www.myaviation.net/search/photo_search.php?id=01411487)

Operations will start on 8th of August, LOS-ABV-PHC.

MD's will be maintained and supported by Iberia Maintenance. They have purchased up to 10 or 12 MD-83's (ex-Alaska).

Also starting a charter division called Danajets. They ordered the following brand new aircraft:
Embraer: 1xLegacy 600, 2xPhenom 100, 1xPhenom 300
Bombardier: 1xLearjet 45XR, 1xChallenger 605

www.flydanaair.com (http://www.flydanaair.com)

Not related to Dornier Aviation Nigeria (DANA).

LostAndFound
7th Aug 2008, 09:56
08.08.08:ok:

Flyintrim
7th Aug 2008, 11:51
I know for a fact that crews are presently being trained in Miami.

The crew base will be in somewhere in Lagos. Rotation might be 20 on 10 off.

I wish them all the best. Competition is a good thing.

Rani
7th Aug 2008, 14:41
Does anybody know if Dana is a serious operator? I´m talking standards, training, 3-5 year business plan, etc. What kind of innovations are bringing in, if any? Earlier they announced their business model as ¨low cost airline¨ but today´s press release mentions a premium cabin with 12 seats, in addition to the 128 economy cabin...

I sincerely wish them the best, in any case. Agreed, competition is heating up :)

baba70
7th Aug 2008, 15:17
Good Stuff. i wish them all the best:ok:

Browright
7th Aug 2008, 17:23
I Don't think any airline can fly without an AOC:confused:

Rani
7th Aug 2008, 18:25
Spot on. No proving flights = no AOC, unless dash traded hands and somone dey go chop :cool:

LOS
7th Aug 2008, 19:46
Already obtained.

http://www.thetidenews.com/article.aspx?qrDate=07/30/2008&qrTitle=Dana%20Airline%20invests%20$100m%20in%20aircraft%20p urchase&qrColumn=BUSINESS

LongJohnThomas
8th Aug 2008, 07:42
Aoc or not.
When you have that combination of a**holes like the ones you have on their management team? You can see where that carrier is going!!!:ugh:
All the best to those gullible enough to get drawn into the confusion they're about to start out there.:=

anjouan
8th Aug 2008, 10:52
Well I hope that if they still have the same management, at least they'll make sure the main wheels are properly attached for any future operations :E

Browright
8th Aug 2008, 14:17
Los,

Don't you go believing everything you read in the papers

Alpha Bravo Bravo
8th Aug 2008, 22:08
I will like to know if DANA (5N-DAL) operated today as scheduled?

And if indeed they ordered 10-12 aircrafts, and with the up coming deliveries for VNA, ARIK, AERO, etc,I guess MMA2 will have too much to handle.

NIJASEA
9th Aug 2008, 00:33
ALPHABRAVOBRAVO, dont you realise the new MM2 is like the tardis in reality it can accomodate an infinite number of aircrafts. thats y the govt is moving all carriers there. I wish DANA all the best in their efforts but did they check out the competition before thinking of starting up?

Browright
11th Aug 2008, 18:16
Alpha Bravo Bravo,

Dana is all about cutting tape for now

alpha-b
19th Aug 2008, 14:25
Hi aviators

Anybody out there with contacts on DANA air about pilots recruitments who i can talk to,numbers or emails?i appreciate any help

QWERTYUIOP123456789
21st Aug 2008, 12:42
This "operator" is managed by very inexperienced people who have failed in other companys.
This company also has no experienced engineers,there is a cashflow problem aswell.
They intend to start operating very soon and the aircraft spares, Ground support equipment,tooling and anything else you care to mention have not been organised.
The selected chief pilot has failed in the sim!

QWERTYUIOP123456789
28th Aug 2008, 14:29
Gents & Ladies......There is no such word as "aircrafts".:=
Its aircraft :ok:and nothing else,whether its one Aeroplane or
hundreds of Aeroplanes....
Do you people who say "aircrafts" know how :mad: stupid and uneducated you sound?:ugh:

Frangible
28th Aug 2008, 21:25
Been trying to get this answer elsewhere. What is going on at MMA2? Is it true, as some have said, that if Arik Air were operating from MMA2 (as they were ordered to by FAAN along with VK) and not from the GAT, there would not be enough space for all the scheduled flights? Is it true Bicourtney asked VK to scale down their departures?

Revnetwork
28th Aug 2008, 22:52
Frangible,

The answers to your questions are true & not sure. I'm not aware if they specifically told VK to scale down, but it was obvious to VK that MMA2 couldn't handle the full schedule & aircraft types that were scheduled so they scaled down- B767 to ABV from MMA2?

TomBola
29th Aug 2008, 10:39
QWERTYUIOP123456789,

Its aircraft and nothing else,whether its one Aeroplane...
should correctly be written, 'It's aircraft and nothing else, whether it's one aeroplane'. It's means it is, its doesn't and aeroplane doesn't require a capital as it's not a proper noun and isn't starting a sentence.

.... in other companys.
There is no such word as companys, it's companies :ok:

Do you people who say "companys" know how stupid and uneducated you sound? :}:}:E

NIJASEA
29th Aug 2008, 13:45
Hi guys,
Thanks for the grammer lesson. Does anyone think it is odd / bad timing to try to start up an Airline when you have 3 major operators fighting for supremecy with new aircraft(s:{) and you arrive with MD's. Nigerian passengers will only fly what is perceived as modern Aircraft. Dana from my point of view is going to be a Zenith ( train crew and shut down). Wish them the best and hope the guys in charge are ready for a huge loss.
All english corrections welcome.....:ok:

18left
30th Aug 2008, 10:11
Like i said earlier,the warning signs are there when your ad for pilots requests type rated pilots only,of which there are just a hand full ,they are not willing to train?
So you are forced to hire any one with a type regardless of skills /character

QWERTYUIOP123456789
30th Aug 2008, 13:40
The Boy TomBola correcting me for spelling and saying people in "glass houses" yet his profile says he is sometimes based in "Afrika"!
Tut tut Mr Perfection!! :=

TomBola
30th Aug 2008, 17:17
QWERTY etc.,

I have never claimed to be Mr Perfection; I was not the one who was making so many mistakes telling other people how stupid and uneducated they sound. I am indeed in Afrika sometimes, This is called a play on words and comes from the time I used to do a lot of fund raising for the UK/Kenya charity, Out Of Afrika Out od Afrika (http://www.outofafrika.org/symo/about/index.php), but then that probably also makes you mad. What a sad individual.

However, I do agree with you about DANA: they were a lousy company in their last reincarnation and, sadly, I see nothing having changed which would lead to them being any different this time around.

QWERTYUIOP123456789
30th Aug 2008, 17:27
Africa.......:p

scanafrica
30th Aug 2008, 19:53
If you two don't stop bickering, I am going to come over and start scratching.

If anybody would like the recipe for my Malabo Soup Special, please feel free to PM me.

jetjackel
30th Aug 2008, 20:42
Offered me a postion a year ago next month (Sept) with a Nov, last year, start with AOC. Not bad as only a year behind schedule.

Offered me a position 2 months ago. Great deal.........work 20 days and have 10 block days off, off meaning you can buy an airfare home or sit in a compound for the 10 days...or play tourist around Lagos.

No hour cap or segment cap. No overtime.

Telephone conversation included loss of license and full medical. Had contract sent and nothing about loss of license or medical???

Anybody interested email me and I can send copy of contract.

AfriAir is much better contract if still available, at least money wise.

Originally using Arab consultant firm out of Dubai with "grand" ideas about maximum qualifications and hiring only "top notch" experienced pilots. Current crews now training, are Indonesian, South American and a few guys who haven't touched an MD in several years that were previous FO's and being upgraded. Great place to develope your airmanship.

Pay a year ago, offered, was USD 7K per month. Arab consultant firm now out of the picture and hiring is "direct" to DanaAir.

Owned by Dana Corporatation with nothing but money, but owners are East Indians.

Big hold up on AOC is attributed to owners being East Indians with "Nigerian passports of convenience" and not really Nigerian. Appears plenty of lobbying to hold them up on the AOC.

Contract I received 2 months ago was USD 9K and thats about it, as they say unless you want to pay a third of your salary each month to go home.

Domestic flights with big plans for international expansion....right. If you happen to get malaria flying locally probably end up in Nigerian hospital with dirt floor and cash and carry.

Shared accommodation with 2 "captains" per apartment, is the housing offer. FO's are all minimum experience so basically "single pilot" ops. FO housing probably in rondo vals at the local ghetto.

Sounds like somehting out of the 1950"s.

Also have the original Business Plan sent to me 1 year ago. Dana Coporation has nothing but money, steel, car plants etc. One of the largest private corporations, if not the largest, in Nigeria.

Good info on MD80 forum.

Pie....in.....the ......sky. rat :mad: deal.

OneTwoTree
31st Aug 2008, 01:36
jetjackel,

go bitch and moan somewhere else, no one cares about your pathetic ranting because you didnt get or take the job. get over it, no need to make so much noise.

jetjackel
31st Aug 2008, 11:45
Opps. Just passing on the info. I'm heartfelt you don't care. Enjoying the Lagos ambiance are you?

QWERTYUIOP123456789
1st Sep 2008, 22:28
jetjackel,
Say what you want:D.... and ignore the :mad: who does not like the true words you spoke.

LongJohnThomas
3rd Sep 2008, 17:44
Whilst we all reserve rights on this forum to speach, it would be wise for us all to watch our utterances and at least put some tact to it.
I would assume that if one had the acumen to fly, it is assumed that such an individual might just have the brains for tact.
I say this because i have had to eat my words at some point in life in the very recent past; which is why i never say NEVER!
It can be quite interesting when you do actually find yourself in such a position.
Anyway, Mr.jetjackel, i say all this in reference to your comments about Lagos.
Mr.QWERTYUIOP123456789, stop being a wind up artist mate! The thread will only end up closed because comments like those made by our learned colleague, have the potential to spiral out of proportion.
I'd be careful if i were you.
Just my ten cents.

QWERTYUIOP123456789
4th Sep 2008, 14:55
Its SPEECH you dumb :mad:!!
My God...dont you proof read before jumping in?

5N AREABOY
4th Sep 2008, 20:50
QWERTYUIOP123456789,

Your dumb ancestors own the English Language i can see.
You are the most jobless :mad: here and all the time you spend here is to proof read other peoples grammar.You should have been an english teacher,.Amebo:eek:

By teh way don waist yiour time condemin my spelling and grammar, oh, i remember you will out of job if u did that.:}

QWERTYUIOP123456789
5th Sep 2008, 13:55
your name says it all........boy.