PDA

View Full Version : Cirrus SRS Lsa

Pilotdom
4th Aug 2008, 19:42
This Cirrus SRS, has anyone seen, touched , sat-in one? If so, what were your impressions? Can I fly it in the UK on a permit?

IanSeager
4th Aug 2008, 19:57
Seen one, touched it but not sat in one or flown one. Can't see how it could be flown on a permit, unless CD decided to market it as a kit.

Ian

smarthawke
4th Aug 2008, 19:58
Saw it, touched it and sat in it at Oshkosh last week. That (and is the only one at the moment I think) is an ex-German Funk 14 Polaris with Cittus stickers and instrument panel.

The plan is after the Vision Jet is sorted, to get it LSA approved in the USA in 2009 (deliveries for Oshkosh 09) and then into EASA-land in 2010. They hope to hold the price at US$125k including glass and parachute.

At the moment it has the Funk fabric elevators and rudder and ali tailplane. They don't know yeat but think it will be all composite when in production. LSA are requirements are for a max level speed of 120kts and are having to tweak it to slow it down - like hanging steps on the wing trailing edge. The wing may be modded and fule capacity increased (already has enough for 4+ hours...).

They will stay with the Rotax 912S.

Plenty of room in the cockpit with storage space behind, good viz.

Apparently US LSA can't be kept outside the USA, like Experimentals. It will only be sold as a complete aircraft.

And as for the Cessna SkyScratcher - I presume it mother loves it but it is very, very ugly and as for that control 'column'.......