PDA

View Full Version : Concentrated VHF course

piber cub
3rd Aug 2008, 18:09
Greetings from a new member, a Danish pilot (61), architect and wind turbine designer. Used to have an "A" (PPL) license. Now I'm an UL-pilot flying my STOL CH 701 Sport Pilot Ready Kit Aircraft: STOL CH 701 light sport utility kit plane - the ultimate short take-off and landing sport kit airplane (http://www.zenithair.com/stolch701/index1.html)

I hold an elder Danish VHF license. However I want to fly international and visit flying museums. This create the need for an English VHF license.

As business have to be taken care of, I seek a concept with concentrated home preparation, a short UK-period of intense training - and then hopefully passing the examination.

I thus would be most grateful for any information on flying schools and flying instructors offering this possibility.

Mange tak!

Claus Nybroe

(Try to have a look at the STOL CH 701 videos, an amazing plane)

tuscan
4th Aug 2008, 10:05
Claus,

kan du ikke tage det i Danmark? Har du prove a snakke til din local flyklub og sporre dem?

Hvis du kan vente indtil Septembre, Ryan Air skal aben ny route fra Billund direct til Edinburgh og jeg ka prove fin ud hvis ve ha folk her det kan hjaelp for det er mange fly klub og sensor her omkring og du kan os ha en god ferie her samme tid.

Jeg belager meget for min darligt Danske for jeg selvdom skrive det.

Let me know how you get on,

Med Venligt Hilsen,

Tuscan

tuscan
4th Aug 2008, 10:08
Du kan os log pa http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/cap413.pdf

her har du alt du skal laes om det...

claus nybroe
4th Aug 2008, 11:23
Det går da fint med det danske Tuscan, but in case other wants to read too, I go on in English.

No local flying clubs here give consentrated cources, they typically streach them through a quarter of a year, meaning that I have to drive twice a week to participate, typically in dark winter nights Living way out in the countryside, having business to take care of etc. makes this difficult.

Thanks for material

I have lots of time:)

best
Claus
(had to change my user name due to IT-trouble)

I can also be reached at [email protected]

tangovictor
4th Aug 2008, 15:41
Claus
Oxford Aviation do a cd that might be what you require

snapper1
4th Aug 2008, 16:14
Try Malcolm Dobson of 'Instuctor Services', telephone 07770-842143. He trains at Leeds Bradford Airport and at Barton Aerodrome, Manchester. Thoroughly recommended.:ok:

tuscan
5th Aug 2008, 12:28
Claus,

heres a link to the cd I believe Tango-Victor meant.

OATmedia Products (http://www.oatmedia.com/proddetail.asp?prod=IJAA)

Malcolm G O Payne
5th Aug 2008, 16:46
Would you like to send me a PM?

Malcolm G O Payne
6th Aug 2008, 08:19
Since my posting yesterday I have checked my documentation and you do not have to obtain a UK RT Licence. Your national licence is acceptable. What you are looking for is an English language competency standard in line with ICAO standard Level 4. You will be able to do this at an approved English language school in Denmark. Your national licensing authority will be able to give you the names and addreses of approved centres. My own experience is that most Scandinavean pilots speak better English than many natives.