PDA

View Full Version : Any Interesting flyins Saturday 9th August?

cirruscrystal
2nd Aug 2008, 20:47
Just wondering, i am looking for an interesting trip out from my usual destinations, are there any interesting events or flyins people can recommend this coming Saturday 9th August in the UK?

Blink182
2nd Aug 2008, 21:05
Most Certainly..............:ok:

The Luscombe Rally at Oaksey Park

Lots of Luscombes and other interesting aircraft in a delightful setting.

Good company, Good food ( a Hog Roast in the Evening ) , opportunity to camp with your aircraft, Full English Breakfast

See.......European Luscombes :: View topic - Registration - Luscombe Rally 2008 9/10 August (http://www.europeanluscombes.org.uk/community/forum/viewtopic.php?t=306)

cirruscrystal
2nd Aug 2008, 21:35
Blink 182 - Looks very interesting, would a C172 be welcome aswell? Is it a certified strip for insurance etc?

Blink182
2nd Aug 2008, 21:55
Yes , we welcome all comers ! but please register so we can allow for numbers .

Airfields guide ( pooleys ) shows Oaksey as Unlicensed Airfield...... I guess you would have to check with your insurers / rental as to where they stand.

Pilotdom
2nd Aug 2008, 22:21
LAA rally at Sherburn!

Fourbyfour
3rd Aug 2008, 12:59
Cirruscrystal,

You'd be made very welcome at Tatenhill for the East Staffordshire Flying Club Fly-in. We've displays from Gennady Elfimov in the Yak 52, local pilots John Calverley and Dave Holland in the Antonov An-2 as well as the arrival of Spitfire MkVb flown by Flt Lt Charlie Brown.

There'll be a BBQ running during the day as well as drinks/cakes from Margaret in the Cafe.

We've 1100m of hard runway and also approx 500m of grass on the day. Avgas and Avtur available through Tatenhill Aviation. Landing fees waived on the day.

The day is in aid of our resident charities, The County Air Ambulance, and the British Disabled Flying Association.

4b4

cirruscrystal
3rd Aug 2008, 23:36
Thankyou all for your replies - Spanner in works, cant get aircraft now until SUNDAY? Is Tatenhill event running just for Saturday?

Pilotdom
4th Aug 2008, 05:56
LAA rally is Sat and Sunday.

Fourbyfour
4th Aug 2008, 06:39
Tatenhill's event is just Saturday, sorry!

4b4

cirruscrystal
4th Aug 2008, 14:07
Many thanks for reccomendations looking like LAA rally then:ok: