PDA

View Full Version : Qr Erp!

skya320
30th Jul 2008, 17:44
QR is now introducing Exchange Rate Protection for expat. Do you think that this will keep people from leaving the company? :confused:

No_BS
30th Jul 2008, 18:32
Where does your info come from? If true, good news for some.

loc22550
30th Jul 2008, 18:42
NO BS: from the company E-mail.
Good news:uhoh:...well...(better than nothing..well yes.. agreed)But:

Look at the big picture:
The "Good news" you are talking about is only for people who have lost a huge amount of their salary in the currency exchange rate the last 5&6 years(up to 40%+), the ERP will never compensate that lost!

The guys who won't get anything are the most lucky one, it means they haven't lost anything the last 5&6 years!

SKYa 320:
In the "best" Scenario the ERP will provide you ...1300QR.../month...:\
Do you think this will change the mind of people willing to leave....?

Lets not forget that the Dollar has probably reached his lowest level now..
So it basicaly means that within 4&5 years you will not get anything as ERP.

QTRminator
30th Jul 2008, 18:46
I don't think it will make any difference for people planning to leave the company.
4.5% on the basic = appr 2.25% on total salary. >15% inflation...15-2.25= 12.75% salary decrease.

And I have great difficulty seeing how it will attract the number of pilots that we need in the near future even if we are aiming lower when it comes to quality than our competition.

I guess they're betting on that they will manage with the numbers that we have until next year and then increase the package if it is needed.

Dangerous game though...

notanotherhilton
30th Jul 2008, 19:49
Is money the only reason people would stay? What a shame to sell your happiness for few extra riyals. I've never seen a happy money grabber....ever:{

Eclipse 500
30th Jul 2008, 21:17
Do they sound like a happy lot to you?

They inhale dust year round and have to cope
with crap housing, dangerous traffic and an extreme
weather in a flat boring place where the only scenery
is a bulldozer redigging a ditch for the 23 rd time.

Of-course they are here for the money.

And those gentlemen are not asking for a pay rise.

They are objecting to a pay cut induced by inflation.

We deserve a good standard of living and to be able
to send money back home at the end of the month.

You can not do those two things at the same
time if you are living in Doha now.

notanotherhilton
30th Jul 2008, 22:16
More to life than money, selling your hapiness to the Arabs then complaining about YOUR decision on here :rolleyes:

....the desert is hot and dusty....has been for thousands of years....will continue to be for thousands more.....check if out before you go there :ugh:

Money grabbers.....:(

Terri Wrist
30th Jul 2008, 23:45
Are you are here for the sun tan and the hot dates Notanotherhilton? You are weird. Do you go for walks on the corniche hand in hand with your mates too?

skya320
31st Jul 2008, 02:42
To me it's still better than nothing at all. Pay increase would be nice, but in the meantime ERP will give us a bit more due to US$ devaluation.

loc22550 Thank you for confirming my source.

Let's hope that the company will increase our pay soon. :rolleyes:

notanotherhilton
31st Jul 2008, 05:39
Not there anymore Terri Wrist (Black Stain).

People make a conscious and free decision to move to the desert, then complain about how hot it is when they get there :ugh:

etc...etc...etc...

Weren't any of you good enough to get into a big airline in Europe? Is that the real issue here? There certainly seems to be a lack of experiance and adundance of naivety in the decision making and life skills departments.

Anyone need a second hand car?

CEO PITA
31st Jul 2008, 05:51
Salary cut is about to come .
New rostering system will reduce salary to pilots .wait and see

Terri Wrist
31st Jul 2008, 07:01
Honored that U think so Notanotherhilton, but no cigar, Terri not Terry. Good idea for you to keep the iron hot here too, when that major european airline you just joined cuts staff you might need somewhere to go :ooh:

notanotherhilton
31st Jul 2008, 07:15
Not there anymore Terri Wrist:cool:

Its grim here in Euopean airlines right now Terri, no payrises either, only cutbacks...:{

loc22550
31st Jul 2008, 07:57
Quote BY PITA:

"New rostering system will reduce salary to pilots..."???
If you can,
CEO PITA, can you elaborate a little , and be more precise regarding your statement...?:uhoh:
Thks.
Loc.

Qatari515
31st Jul 2008, 09:15
PITA put it a bit simple, as simple is his own house style...

The new system will optimize rosters. This means everybody should be hovering around 75hours average!

Some will win, some will loose!

I just hope the system will take care of the maffia and the bribing practices!

CEO PITA
31st Jul 2008, 13:17
New system is loaded with data from QR and one of data is that pilots are not payed for DH .Thats expecive system was not taken becouse its fair to pilots but becouse it can cut the cost to airline. check youre sept roster and tell us how many DH flights you have .

loc22550
31st Jul 2008, 15:17
???:confused::confused:
Sorry can you be clear as well....?:ouch:
(we have never been paid for Duty hours (DH?)anyway in qatar airways,but for schedule block time.)..for the rest.. i didn't understand anything.!:uhoh:

skya320
31st Jul 2008, 15:48
I think what he meant by DH is Dead Heading not Duty Hour.

Sept. Roster out already? It's only the begining of Aug. Pretty hard to believe.

QTRminator
31st Jul 2008, 18:23
Notanotherhilton....here he goes again...:confused:
I just don't get you at all. As soon as anyone complains about the situation in QR you strike down on us like a hawk, calling us whiners, spoiled, naive etc.
But at the same time you complain about the same things regarding your present location and airline, I've seen it in several threads. You're bitching about high inflation, taxes, increasing energy bills, food prices etc etc.
What's going on, you think that you can insult all of us and then do the exact same thing yourself, as you're criticising us of doing.:yuk:
Rule no 1, live as you preach! If you want any respect from other people, that is.
Come on and give us all a f:mad:ing break, this is just ridiculous.

CEO PITA
31st Jul 2008, 18:40
Yea DHC ( Dead Heading Crew ) . New system in trail phase has given a lot of DHC becouse crew can be used better and more ( legal) and less to pay since DHC is (free duty) for litle small man .
Soon all fleet will have duty time 200h and flight time 65h.

Lulu qatar
31st Jul 2008, 19:26
Pita bread if what you telling us is true we are in deep deep ... one .

I can only say 2 words : resignations resignations

notanotherhilton
31st Jul 2008, 20:08
Notanotherhilton....here he goes again...:confused:
I just don't get you at all. As soon as anyone complains about the situation in QR you strike down on us like a hawk, calling us whiners, spoiled, naive etc.
But at the same time you complain about the same things regarding your present location and airline, I've seen it in several threads. You're bitching about high inflation, taxes, increasing energy bills, food prices etc etc.
What's going on, you think that you can insult all of us and then do the exact same thing yourself, as you're criticising us of doing.:yuk:
Rule no 1, live as you preach! If you want any respect from other people, that is.
Come on and give us all a f:mad:

No bitching here :ok:As I have said I'm happy where I am. I'm merely illustrating that many of the issues you have at QR are replicated elsewhere. Perhaps if you had experienced both scenario's you might understand. Obviously you have not and do not :ugh:

Best of luck anyway.

CEO PITA
1st Aug 2008, 15:10
Nothanotherliton is :
Options :
management pilot
TRE
future management
a pilot who cant get 1 class medical out of QR
a pilot who is stuck with loan in Doha and try to find good things in Doha
Sri Lankan cousin of someone in Q TWR
scab
litle small man best friend
more more

notanotherhilton
1st Aug 2008, 19:49
Nothanotherliton is :
Options :
management pilot
TRE
future management
a pilot who cant get 1 class medical out of QR
a pilot who is stuck with loan in Doha and try to find good things in Doha
Sri Lankan cousin of someone in Q TWR
scab
litle small man best friend
more more

You old flatterer CEO :O

_FL600_
1st Aug 2008, 20:31
Hey Pita Bread, you made me laugh :O

loc22550
2nd Aug 2008, 10:21
Back to the original topic..:
Nota. you mentioned 1600QR more this week on another thread..? Where from : ERP?

The maximum basic here for CPT is 29830 QR (as after 4 years+ no increase in basic..:ouch:if i'm not wrong).
So ERP: 29830 x0.30x0.15 =1342 QR.
Thats the MAXIMUM MAXIMUM some people might get....
Or Did i missed something ?

skya320
2nd Aug 2008, 16:20
Will have to check my salary slip to see how much I get. :cool:

40&80
2nd Aug 2008, 19:03
Dead Heading Crew is very cost effective for the company up until the point crew dislike it so much they resign.
When a policy of Dead Heading crew was introduced into Gulf Air there were initially 3 complete crews (39 soles) daily deadheaded Bahrain to AUH. This resulted in a 05.45 am sign in and a 7.00am dead head....(to ensure they were legally fatigued) to perform AUH midnight takeoffs to...Indonesia via a KL landing. To CDG via FRT. And to India via MCT.
Soon more crews were dead heading before flights ,after flights, and into joining blocks, and dead headed to different blocks...you never knew or eventually cared who the heck was arriveing on your flight deck or doing the business down the back...you could bet your mortage the nationals and goers would be on the easier trips and the rest got the hard trips.
The real killer is the GF Mark 2 version of dead heading....crews are split up down route to min crew numbers... and the rest dead headed as required.
I once went on a 5 day block three days before Christmas Eve and was required to remain and operate via deadheading for 17 days...my commanders voyage report on this 5 day block extended to 17 days was simply "not believed by my fleet Captain" who had it checked out....there was no pay for my mainly night flying on my rostered days off...as I had not been called out from base.
I think the crew option is to go sick down route (not fatigued) if rostering spring this one on you too often.

Terri Wrist
5th Aug 2008, 08:48
Ciao Notanotherhilton, leggo su uno dei forum mideasti che esiste gia' un contratto italiano per i piloti Goati basati in Doha. qualcuno sa dire quali sono le principali caratteristiche salienti di questo nuovo contratto? in generale e' meglio o peggio di quello inglese ed e' gia stato approvato oppure per ora e' solo una bozza?

grazie :)

Terri Wrist
6th Aug 2008, 22:54
Was that a catfish or dogfish I saw? :hmm: After two days with tasty catfish bait in water and no bite I know that a dogfish is hiding in pond:ooh:.

Notanotherhilton = SNAM = Cavelino Rampante = Goat Office Boy :eek:

I know because they all say exactly the same rubbish ;)

Terri Wrist
7th Aug 2008, 11:48
75% full bucket is still good day fishing:E