View Full Version : Minimum ROC/ROD recommended by ICAO?

flyerline
29th Jul 2008, 11:01
Hi,

I would like to know if there is any ICAO recommendation/requirement of minimum rate of climb and rate of descent for IFR traffic?

I couldn't find anything in ICAO DOC 4444 nor in EU OPS. :-(
I found some related threads here, but the only reference therein is to the UK AIP. But I would like to know if there is an EU-wide or even worldwide recommendation/requirement.

Thanks & Regards
flyerline

hvogt
29th Jul 2008, 11:27
Hello flyerline

You certainly won't find anything in PANS-ATM. Take a look in PANS-OPS instead.

flyerline
29th Jul 2008, 20:53
Hi hvogt,

thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything in ICAO Doc 8168. I looked at Vol I and Vol II.
Do you have any further ideas?

Regards
flyerline

StillDark&Hungry
30th Jul 2008, 13:30
flyerline

Although I don't know where to direct you to find a written answer - I think you'll find that minimum rates of climb and descent are 500 fpm. If you are unable to comply with these you are to inform ATC immediately.

ISaidRightTurns
30th Jul 2008, 13:35
This is for the US, but the plane doesn't change where it flies. These are the expected rates with an 'expedite' clearance. Normal would be between 50-75%. The information in no way meshes with my real world experience.

As per FAAO 7110.65

http://www.faa.gov/airports_airtraffic/air_traffic/publications/ATPubs/ATC/AppendicesTOC.html

kme
30th Jul 2008, 15:41
Could be in the Supplentary procedures for Europe not sure about the number but doc 7630 seem to ring a bell somewhere.

I will check the number later and post again

Let us know if you find anything.

Edit: It should be doc 7030