PDA

View Full Version : Thai Airways - Emergency Landing in Vietnam

Jimmy Do Little
26th Jul 2008, 08:40
Thai Airways Aircraft - reported as an Airbus - made an emergency landing in Da Nang, Vietnam, today at around 0530 UTC. Overheard the crew state that a cockpit windshield was cracked.

Crew was relatively calm, but the Approach Controller (ATC) was panic stricken! Only two aircraft in his area, and he tried to turn both of them into each other!

The other aircraft's pilot (Foreign) - Vietnam Airlines -stated that he had the Thai Aircraft insight and would maintain visual separation. ATC insisted that he turn TOWARDS and UNDER the rapidly descending Thai Aircraft. Vietnam Air pilot refused - smart boy!

Film at 11...

Phil1980's
26th Jul 2008, 08:48
that's different...be good to have liveatc on over there :)

NVpilot
26th Jul 2008, 09:06
Crew was relatively calm, but the Approach Controller (ATC) was panic stricken! Only two aircraft in his area, and he tried to turn both of them into each other! It doesn't require an emergency for this to occur I'm afraid. ATC at it's finest! :ugh:

Jimmy Do Little
27th Jul 2008, 03:58
Agreed. But, this was U N B E L I E V A B L E. ATC issued the same altitudes to both aircraft, and turned the VN aircraft towards the Thai - and insisted that they "..follow ATC instruction...". Apparently, the ATC until was "Training" and the radar was U/S.

The Thai Airplace didn't seem to notice (albiet they were busy with their "emergency"). Fortunate that the other pilot seemed to know what was going on, or things could have become a triffle disasterous.

Anyhow.... Agreed :ugh:

Fox3snapshot
27th Jul 2008, 04:33
:hmm:

Is this your interpretation of the situation or are you using a source?!

If you are using a source then name it, if it is your interpretation then state to what extent and what level of certainty you have presented the facts correctly.

If you can't do any of these then take the first 'P' out of the name of this forum to describe the status you have here. :rolleyes:

Krakatoa
27th Jul 2008, 05:05
Sounds if somebody else is getting excited.

17R35L
27th Jul 2008, 06:04
Fox3,
He said in the first post the source was 'the crew'.:zzz:

ManaAdaSystem
27th Jul 2008, 13:54
Huh?

Rofessional Pilots Rumour Network?

My 737
27th Jul 2008, 15:02
MAS:}:}
I almost pi**ed myself, nice one.

Now Fox3, JDL wrote Overheard the crew state that a cockpit windshield was cracked.
Can we please keep the first 'P' in the forum?..........."RTFQ maybe?":ouch:

Fox3snapshot
27th Jul 2008, 15:58
The Acronym ya waller :rolleyes:

Overhearing the windshield cracked is one thing, what about all of the other dribble....and of course the crew will tell you they were calm :hmm: