PDA

View Full Version : Air Canada YYZ to UK

tbeshoff
14th Jul 2008, 14:15
Does AC fly anywhere in the UK direct other than Heathrow? If not....why?? Heathrow's a pig. Manchester's a far better option if travelling outside London, but is only served by Transat I think.

cossack
15th Jul 2008, 14:39
AC no longer serve MAN or GLA. There's a lot of choice/competition on the YYZ-UK routes. Zoom, Transat and Thomas Cook all do it cheaper (and some would say better) than AC and utilise airports other than Heathrow. Zoom fly to the UK all year round rather than just through the summer, and maybe Transat to LGW or MAN might be year-round too.

dwj
16th Jul 2008, 01:08
You can book Thomas Cook through canadianaffair.com. In my experience it is one of the best long-haul airlines -great leg room and excellent service. And of course very cheap. Avoid MyTravel, as they invariably have crappy service and poor legroom. MyTravel just merged with Thomas Cook so I don't know what that will mean for their service.

TOPFLIGHT
16th Jul 2008, 11:00
Dwj..I would disagree with the statement of Mytravel providing crappy service ! Myt and Tcx have merged and Thomas Cook now serves a number of destinations in Canada for Canadian affairs..but they serve Manchester, Gatwick and Glasgow from YYZ with extra legroom B757's..very roomy and an excellent service !

Married a Canadian
17th Jul 2008, 01:16
Air Canada also fly to Dublin in the summer.

dwj
17th Jul 2008, 21:23
That was just my experience...two flights on MYT both with very poor legroom and crappy service, and two flights on Thomas Cook with good legroom and great service. Take an example: on MYT it is virtually impossible to get a drink of water or juice, whereas Thomas Cook actually put a water bottle in your seat before you get on the plane!

If, as you say, the merged company are using Thomas Cook's 757s then that is good news. I haven't flown with then recently so I can't comment.