PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific redeploys capacity

MilPilot
11th Jul 2008, 15:31
Cathay Pacific - About Us : Press Room (http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_INTL/aboutus/pressroomdetails?refID=15a9b994e8c0b110VgnVCM10000010d21c39_ ___)

Should I be concerned about getting a classdate for a NA base? :uhoh:

Rook
11th Jul 2008, 16:37
This is actually a relief I think. I'm glad they aren't taking the North American approach of "Slash and Burn." NA carriers need to do it because the US has been over-serviced for years. Glad Cx isn't making knee jerk decisions on this particular issues.

Cumguzzler
11th Jul 2008, 23:05
Rook,

Nobody cares if you are glad.:ugh: I think the guy asked a question in regards to a class date.

MilPilot,

Don't it will change a thing as long as you have passed your interview already.

broadband circuit
12th Jul 2008, 07:45
MilPilot

Don't count on anything. If you have accepted, or are intending to accept, an offer of employment at CX, here is a short phrase that you need to familiarise yourself with:

... as may be amended from time to time at the sole discretion of the company.

To translate, it means that the company will unilaterally change anything & everything as it sees fit, including, but not limited to, contracts, salary, benefits, amenity kits, course dates etc etc.

MilPilot
12th Jul 2008, 09:24
Guess I will wait a little with selling the house ;)

Better not to get a class date at all versus being let go a couple of months into training.
I know CX has never "furloughed" anyone, but in a worst case scenario that could change. Even the smartest management will not stand a chance if oil keeps going up the way it has been for the last year.

Rook
12th Jul 2008, 22:33
":ugh:"

pardon me for commenting on the subject of the post. I did not mean to dismiss Milpilot's concerns.

MilPilot
13th Jul 2008, 10:00
No worries Rook - I agree with your comments. One of the reasons I want to work for CX :ok: