PDA

View Full Version : FMGC Question LLXING/INCR/NO

electricdeathjet
6th Jul 2008, 07:32
Hi,
I need help with something I dont understand.....

On the Airbus 320 FMGC, if you do a Lateral Revision from the FLT/Plan Pg [2R] you get the option of LLXING/INCR/NO

I looked it up in the FCOM 4.3.25 and it quotes...

'This prompt allows pilot to create the latitude/longitude crossing point.
The increment (incr) ranges from 1 to 20 degrees, and the number of
crossing points 1 to 99.'

What on earth is this function??? I dont understand what format to enter in the information..... I dont know what useful information it will display.... Does anyone use this function? Is it for long haul use only?

Sorry if the answer is very obvious, but could someone explain it so a fool like me can understand please.

Thanks

javelin
6th Jul 2008, 10:32
Mainly used on longhaul to note crossing of Lat or Long. If you asked to call another OAC at, say 45 north, you would enter N45/1/1 which would put a waypoint along your track line at 45 north. If you wanted multiple points for plotting or other reasons, then increase the frequency or distance between the points.

Next time you are airborne, try it. Make sure the secondary is copied - it is very easy and once you have seen it, it becomes a useful tool.

TO MEMO
6th Jul 2008, 11:07
I`ve always wanted to know this one!:ok:

electricdeathjet
6th Jul 2008, 12:18
Thank you very much, look forward to having a play...

K.Whyjelly
6th Jul 2008, 16:09
Mainly used on longhaul to note crossing of Lat or Long. If you asked to call another OAC at, say 45 north, you would enter N45/1/1 which would put a waypoint along your track line at 45 north.

On the A330 on TransAtlantic you simply type in 45N (or 33W or whatever you need) and enter it into the LLXING section without bothering with the 1/1 bit (Inc/No). This puts the waypoint in.

The time we use all fields is whenever we want to put a reminder of where to plot 2degrees of longitude after crossing a NAT Track point. We plot purely for SA and track confirmation. For example on my route over the pond yesterday with points at 6220N, 6230N, 6240N, 6150N and 5960N I entered the info as 22W/10/5 and this gave me waypoint checks at 22W, 32W, 42W, 52W and 62W. We always put this information into the Sec Flt Plan Page because we don't want to send corrupting or erroneous data info via the CPDLC that is required from the primary.

Got to do it all again tonight as we flog back Eastbound from the States, so, whilst I'm hard at work(:hmm:) you all enjoy your warm beds!!!!!!! :p

javelin
6th Jul 2008, 21:49
Ooo, YYC/YVR again Eh ?