PDA

View Full Version : Number of students for CRM course

provo
3rd Jul 2008, 09:30
Is anyone aware of any written guidance on the minimum number of students required for an initial and recurrent CRM course

Thanks

Eff Oh
3rd Jul 2008, 17:07
No min, but check in CAP737. Wouldn't want less than 4 anyway.

provo
4th Jul 2008, 08:31
Thanks Eff Oh. Went thru 737 but either couldn't find or missed the reference. Like you I reckon 4 seems a sensible number.

wap101
4th Jul 2008, 11:20
have a look at the CRMI qualification sections in CAP 737/Doc 29. The CAA recommend that for an assessment for CRMI(gr) you should have a live class and of at least 4 persons and some pilots ( not only cabin crew) to be accredited for both pilots and cabin crew.

For other CRM classes it is possible to have less than 4 and is often the only option with new crew and small companies.

turbocharged
31st Jul 2008, 14:54
I am not aware of any specified minimum - and, in any case, it would be difficult to enforce. I delivered to an operator that only had 2 pilots, no cabin crew. Be hard to insist on a larger class size in this case. Don't forget, the requirement for CRMI accreditation is based on making the exercise valid in terms of letting the prospective (I) strut their stuff. 8-18 is generally held to be optimum ( and that is a fairly universal experience rooted in practice, not theory) but this is based on using the 'lesson' mode of delivery. I know of larger class sizes and was once asked to deliver to groups of 100. Didn't do that job but there is no reason why it shouldn't work. You just need to modify your approach. One of the most satisfying courses I ever ran was for 1 person. Crewing forgot to tell the rest.

Genghis the Engineer
13th Aug 2008, 09:26
Surely the ideal is to train groups who are as close as you can achieve to those who will fly/work together? If that's two pilots +1, that should be the ideal training group for that company.

Of course, lots of organisations don't have crewing policies that lend themselves to that.

G