PDA

View Full Version : Markoss rostering

VIKING9
23rd Jun 2008, 05:21
Can anyone shed some light on why Markoss Aviation feel it necessary to produce crew rosters that are, lets say, outside the limits laid down in CAP371. Markoss holds it's own AOC and yet from what I can see, these rosters are by no means legal in terms of days off. Is it a case of rostering after the event so that "days off" are shown to be legal but in reality are not?

Seems the GA world still doesn't learn the responsibilities that come with holding an AOC, and Markoss appear to be no different.

Comments from Markoss crews welcome......and anyone else come to that :ok:

Redline
3rd Jul 2008, 15:41
I can't comment on their rostering...I nearly took a job with them earlier this year. I was endeared toward the company as I found Rob and Jamie extremely likeable and I was looking forward to working wih them... alas it will be one of those 'what if's' in my career.

I was curious to see their website is down...What's Markoss's current status? I've not seen any press about them which I thought was a little strange considering how big a deal getting the CRJ's would have been...

youngskywalker
3rd Jul 2008, 16:46
Well they were operating out of Aberdeen about an hour ago.

Phil Brockwell
3rd Jul 2008, 17:09
Viking,

I think you should explain why, in your interpretation they are outside CAP371.

Not wanting to question your analysis, but there have been occasions where people on here have mis-interpreted the rules.

Phil

Deep and fast
3rd Jul 2008, 17:16
I here they are doing well. The guys there were very likeable. Had an interview and there was nothing that came to light that would imply things were not compliant.

You don't work for them, so are you one of the pilots mum's sticking up for her offspring?
Or just more stirring on PPrune?

D and F:8

Jonny Jowls
13th Oct 2008, 21:08
So anyone shed any light on the anouncement that was supposed to be made to all staff today??

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Chippie Chappie
14th Oct 2008, 14:13
Being a bit of a pendant, I know, but CAP 371 is not law, it is guidance. The legal document is their Ops Manual as approved by the CAA. Granted that they are often the same but it is an important distinction.

Chips

janusz
16th Oct 2008, 09:15
Not related (yet) to rostering but have heard from two sources that Markoss in the throes of closing down. Mention of a fire sale already. This is a rumour I have heard.

dc9-32
19th Oct 2008, 17:58
I heard they are looking a bit wobbly. What's the scoop :confused:

Deep and fast
19th Oct 2008, 22:12
There prob is no scoop. Too much pprune can make you come out with _hit unless there is some hard facts!

DandF. :8

Cyberdragon
20th Oct 2008, 12:05
The aircraft appears to be flying much of the time and clearly it is a niche market. If they are getting decent daily mins - they should be doing well.
I did hear that Rob Spence has left though.

flyingdolly
20th Oct 2008, 14:33
He has gone, left at the end of September, don't know whose the accountable manager now, I hear that the Chief Pilot and Chief training capt have both resigned, along with a line capt, and the commercial director hasn't been around in ages. The company is being run by a guy who used to be a builder! obviously knows alot about aviation to let his key staff resign well done Bob:D

Duck Rogers
21st Oct 2008, 08:27
We're told that both the CP and CTC are still with the company.

flyingdolly. Perhaps you would be so kind as to either quantify or edit your post. Thanks.

Duck.

flyingdolly
21st Oct 2008, 09:43
if you had read my post yesterday and didn't jump to your own conclusions you will see that I actually wrote, "I hear that the Chief Pilot and Chief training capt have both resigned, along with a line capt"

anyone can be in their resignation period and still be with the company, I did not say that they had both left, but I think your find that my information is correct. :ok:

Duck Rogers
21st Oct 2008, 15:06
Thank you.

Other side to serve......

flyingdolly. You have mail.

The Beer Hunter
22nd Oct 2008, 12:59
flyingdolly. Are you this touchy in your work?

Reading between the lines I'd say the mods were given you the chance to quantify your statements following someone's complaint or calling foul. In response to that you've turned on the mods.

How not to win friends and influence people.

Jonny Jowls
23rd Oct 2008, 05:45
Just changing the subject slightly anyone know why the police were called to a disturbance at their offices the other night due to a member of the staff being assulted??

Now thats not a rumour :)

Hope no one was too badly injured.

EI-CGO
23rd Oct 2008, 08:51
This may be way off the mark, but wasnt the guy arrested supposed to be the guy bailing them out??

Its like an episode of The Bill at BQH right now:sad:

flyingdolly
23rd Oct 2008, 08:53
Well it wasn't me !!! :ouch:

Deep and fast
23rd Oct 2008, 09:36
Perhaps he was attempting a hostile takeover.

Chief pilot and head of training have not resigned.

D and F

flyingdolly
24th Oct 2008, 16:49
I'm not sure hostile would be the correct phrase, I would probably call it looking a gift horse in the mouth!

I see from your comment that the CP & CTP have not resigned their positions in the company, I do hope that the rumour circulating regarding a new CP joining next month isn't true as I hear that he will be taking up the CP & CTP roles, think the office would be a little cosy if there were two CP's in situ', hope he didn't give up a good job for this position!!

On a completely different topic, has anyone heard the rumour that a winding up order has been served on markoss today, it seems a bit strange as i thought they were about to get a second aircraft... is this just another rumour!!
:confused:

Tropic Bird
24th Oct 2008, 17:55
Sounds like a difficult situation. Of course, while the current economic situation hurts everyone in this business, it seems like this company is the next to bite the dust. I guess the fuel companies, airports and EuroControl will now be looking to get their money. Who owns the aircraft? Will they now re-possess?

Sorry for all the Markoss grass roots employees, but to me has not appeared a credible operator for the last few months.

Jonny Jowls
24th Oct 2008, 18:37
Chaps,

Lets not jump to conclusions that they are about to fold, for that may not be the case...........

......but, the rumour that the investor was led away in handcuffs for breaking and entering and a particularly nasty assult the other night (there appears to be plenty of witnesses) AND is a wanted felon should be cleared up to Markoss staff ASAP.

Otherwise good people will start jumping ship.

Tropic Bird
24th Oct 2008, 19:54
Sounds like it is time to do just that if things are as they appear!

My own experience as a pilot with Markoss is based on apparent misleading statements as to who actually owns the company, disappearing directors and key personnel, unpaid bills going back months, issues with fuel and other bills down line, and, now, it would appear, resignations at senior level.

Flying Dolly seems to be 'in the know'.

tommojonm
25th Oct 2008, 09:12
Flying dolly is by all accounts a disgruntled former employee that that tried to make the leap from being cabin crew to office duties, but alledgedly caused nothing but trouble when she was there. She and her partner in crime (also long gone from Markoss due to being p**s poor at their job) in this long running hate campaign seem to be on a personal mission to try and take 25 peopls jobs, livelihoods and houses with them. I hear that some of the former employess treated it as more of a flying club rather than a commercial venture, and their lack of any business sense and commercial aviation know how may well be the reason they are no longer with the company. The transition from biz jet to a CRJ operation may have highlighted the comfort zone some of the staff had been working in for far too long, so perhaps decisions were made to get rid of the dead wood and replace them with people who actually knew what they were doing.

If Markoss is left to get on with what it does best, rather than be subject to continuous diatribe from what I gather were useless and spiteful former employees, I have no doubt it will be just fine.

As for the "assault", I hear the police where called to an incident at RAS, not Markoss.

Flying dolly, fyi:

MD - still at the company
CP - still at the company

Ths is my first and last post on pprune. I will leave it to people like flying dolly to fill their empty days and nights with ways to try and ruin peoples lives.

flyingdolly
25th Oct 2008, 10:13
Your comments are misleading and untrue to say the least.

You appear to have made a bit of a fool of yourself !!

I hope for everyones sake that the rumours regarding Markoss are untrue, but would suggest that you take a closer look to home to lay any blame as to the current status of Markoss

You say, "this is your first and last post on pprune".....I really think you should keep it that way, before you make an even bigger fool of yourself, leave pprune to the people that know what they are talking about....just a suggestion :rolleyes:

Learjet Lad
25th Oct 2008, 10:52
I saw the High Court people delivering papers yesterday, so looks like things are indeed getting nasty at Markoss. Also know for a fact - from the horse's mouth - that one or two of our senior brethren are in the process of jumping the sinking ship.

Adieu my friends and colleagues and good luck in finding new jobs. I better get my taxi licence back!

Learjet Lad
25th Oct 2008, 12:19
Whoever you are, Tommojohnm, you obviously don't know the history of this company. Just ask yourself who started this business and built it up to actually getting the CRJ. Who did all the work and put together the business plan? Whose money and house was on the line to give you this opportunity? Not the current director for sure.

When I joined, the grapevine told me that things were not as they seemed and that it wouldn't be long before the heavies or legal guys got involved and the company would go under as it was effectively a pack of cards waiting to tumble - no real money, weard goings on with the new board of directors who had - allegedly - just cheated their way into 'owning' someone else's company. I needed the money and wanted the rating, so I stayed, but I for one am off if I don't get paid this week, even if it means driving the taxi. again.

May be Trolly Dolly or, sorry, Flying Dolly, was on the right side of all this. (Who is she anyway? Any ideas? May be that gorgeous blonde who used to always be around at Biggin?!):)

Jonny Jowls
25th Oct 2008, 13:21
Tommo, regardless of where the 'alledged' assult took place do you really think it fills clients and staff alike with confidence that the 'potential' new investor 'alledgedly' smashed his former Chief Pilots head against a wall??

Things need to be dealt with swiftly to bring all this uncertanty to an end
I'm disapointed it is your last post, I was rather hoping that we could get some facts and move on.

tommojonm
25th Oct 2008, 15:28
They are facts, and personally I dont give a damn if you are disappointed with the nature and content of my message. It was 100% truthful and correct, quite unlike some of the drivel I've been reading. I will now leave the well known former Markoss employees to persue this personal vendetta.

Talking of flyingdolly, I think I will have to leave judgement on her honesty and integrity to all who had the 'pleasure' of working with her.

Jonny Jowls
25th Oct 2008, 22:13
You completely misunderstand, im disapointed because it was your last post on this matter and you seem to be the most informed. Many things need to be made clear about this new investor as many people are very nervous.:confused:

flyingdolly
26th Oct 2008, 00:23
Not informed enough as it would seem, as I'm not sure how tommo could have overlooked several issues.

The MD has resigned his position as a Director of the Company (you can check for yourself on Companies house)
CP has resigned his post
CTP has resigned his post
New CP has been appointed and will be taking over the CTP role as well as the CP role in the near future (fingers crossed)
Winding up order was served to Markoss on Friday (which can only occur when there is an outstanding debt that has not been paid to a creditor and no other satisfactory solution was reached)
An assault did take place and a member of the markoss staff and a director of markoss where present, regardless of the location it still took place and sadly someone got hurt.
Disappearing Directors and key personnel, unpaid bills going back months,and the decline in the Companies reputation has been raised by Tropic Bird who is an employee of the company.As I said earlier, you really should look closer to home before trying to lay blame for Markoss current problems by trying to shoot the messenger.
Markoss used to be a great company with good people, but since the ownership changed sadly so did the company and it wasn't for the better.

There is a lesson to anyone considering letting a builder have a bash at running an aviation company, first he will probably demolish the foundations, then have a go at the remaining structure and will probably end up doing a boggit and leggit.

I would like to clear one thing up with you Tommo, I am not and have never been a disgruntled ex employee and my integrity and honesty is 100% solid and intact.

Deep and fast
26th Oct 2008, 10:24
Well Dolly if you are so well informed and stand by what you have to say, then publish your name and give Markoss the chance to respond with legal process if they wish. I normally find if someone has so much to say on one subject, they normally have an axe to grind or why else would Dolly and the. others try to help the failure of another employer operating in one of the most expensive industies under hard global economic conditions.

People like you should be removed from the gene pool

D and F

Learjet Lad
26th Oct 2008, 11:38
Doesn't look good, does it?

I have just checked the UK Companies House website this morning and it looks like Trolley Dolly is right. I also was at Biggin Friday and saw the Bailiff myself. Whatever her own gripe with the company, or her motives, it looks as though she is telling us something we all need to know and deserve answers to.

We need to raise these issues with the boss Monday morning.
All at Biggin at 10am?

I have been in this position before and learnt the hard way - bounced cheques, unpaid expenses, unpaid salary and unpaid pension contributions - along with a lot of friends in the same position after years of loyal service - that good faith can be readily abused by those employers between a rock and a hard place. The bottom line is whether they have the cash or whether the banks will support them. In today's business climate?

finnman
26th Oct 2008, 11:50
well said deep and fast

it is a very difficult environment and larger companies than markoss
may have problems

it is unfortunate that 'Rumours' and this is a rumour network can have
a severe impact on companies like markoss

give them some respite and i am sure eventually there will be some form
of statement

Tropic Bird
26th Oct 2008, 12:08
That is why we have PPrune, to let us know and otherwise warn of problems before they happen, to exchange 'inside information'.

Everyone is entitled to their view, but no gagging please !!!!

There is no smoke without fire......... Seems like Flying Dolly has some guts.:D

flyingdolly
26th Oct 2008, 12:12
Really deep and fast, your loyalty to your fellow employees who have quite happily shared a few home truths with us all on this site has bought a tear to my eye, not that I'm upset you understand, but I haven't laughed this much in ages.:) especially your comment about the gene pool.... genius you should be on the stage:D

Maybe you should ask yourself why some employees feel strongly enough to want to make their views regarding the company public, I'm not sure that they would be doing this if everything was a happy ship.

anyway fella keep the sense of humour up.:ok:

Deep and fast
26th Oct 2008, 22:38
I have never worked for Markoss but this is a small industry and you meet many who are in the know. It seems a few of the detractors of Markoss have recently joined PPRUNE which is always a sign that that person may not be a sage. As for on stage, thats not my thing. But smelling vindictive behavour I seem to be a natural.

D and F

Jonny Jowls
26th Oct 2008, 23:16
Can someone please wake up and smell the coffee!

1. We are told a potential investor is being brought on board. He then smashes his former Chief Pilots head against a wall in front of 2 Markoss employees.

2. When the Police get involved its then 'alledged' that he is wanted abroad for a serious crime.

3. A winding up order is served.

If a public forum needs to be used so the good people who work for the company can get the TRUTH, then its a sad day for us all.

flyingdolly
27th Oct 2008, 01:17
Well you are cleary not talking to the people in the "know" and you are out of your depth, as you have no idea what you are dribbling on about! so it would be far better for you to realise your errors and concentrate on smaller matters, that way you can't embarrass yourself any further.:bored:

Learjet Lad
27th Oct 2008, 01:37
If Deep & Fast doesn't (yet) work for Markoss - ex BMI regional it seems and only on Pprune a few months himself - why is he on our blog?

May I ask .... Are you our new Chief Pilot arriving at the turn of the month? Hence your interest in what's going on at Markoss right now. If so, I hope your conversion course has already been paid for, otherwise you'll be joining me on the taxi ranks!

Deep and fast
27th Oct 2008, 07:49
Duck maybe it is time for you to use your powers to moderate some of the comments being made unless done so with proof attached.

It is easy to register in a forum and hide behind an alias then bad mouth anyone you feel embittered against.

I note dolly the sheep still didn't feel she wanted to come out!

Baa baa. Oh and as for deep throat, I'll leave that for you your drivel here is hard enough to swallow :)

D and F

tac1
27th Oct 2008, 10:45
Firstly I think Deep & Fast should be listened to and the moderator needs to remove a number of these unsubstantiated posts.

Firstly I believe the winding up order talked about is for Markoss Aviation Ltd (MAL) NOT Markoss Aviation UK Ltd (MAUK). MAL was a company that was set up and run by Graham Waters for years before MAUK even existed. It accrued a few million in losses over the years (check filings). Perhaps the order isn't that sinister. I suggest Learjet Lad and flyingdolly quantify their statements. Learjet Lad you said you saw the court papers being delivered? Perhaps you could say what they actually said or are you just using the term Markoss to deliberately cause problems for MAUK as few will know about MAL!

Additionally a lot is being made of changes to CP and CTP role but you also say a replacement CP/CTP is due to start with the company. Seems ok to me, perhaps the current incumbents simply wanted to do something else. I think if you ask them they will also tell you they will continue to fly for MAUK so can't be too much bad blood between the parties!!

Tropic Bird you're a pilot with Markoss yet your location is New York??? Remember not many pilots have left MAUK since the CRJ started flying!!

It is time that the 'Professionals' that are posting unquantified statements on this site need to put up with some evidence or retract their posts. It would seem there is enough on here for some to be approached legally.
Flyingdolly, or dillan, or daisy and Learjet Lad or perhaps former helicopter pilot need to do some work.

Airlines are in a tough enough trading environment at the moment and there are PEOPLE involved with them. If you leave the company alone and let it get on with what it is trying to do maybe they will stay in jobs unlike to poor soles from Excel, EOS, Silverjet and the other 70 or so airlines worldwide that have failed this year.

Learjet Lad
27th Oct 2008, 11:15
Thank you for your post TAC1. Seems like someone is in the know!

So there was a Winding Up Order served, and the resignations are true. Pity that there have been so many denials to get us to this point.

All we need to know is whether our jobs are actually safe and whether Markoss has the money to keep flying.

tommojonm
27th Oct 2008, 15:38
If you do indeed work for Markoss as you claim to, perhaps it would be better for all of us if you asked in-house about things such as this, rather than air your or so dirty laundry in public on a rumour network hiding behind a pseudonym. I'm happy for it to be known exactly who I am, perhaps you should do the same. If you feel you cannot work without knowing about the bottom line on the blance sheet, perhaps you're in the wrong industry.

TAC1, what a sensible and intelligent man you are!

The bottom line is that Markoss offers a pretty unique product and fills a big void in the UK market for ad-hoc aircraft of this type. What we require is support from the market in these tough times, not consatnt rumours. I know that with the backing of the brokers in this country Markoss will be around for years to come. So come on guys, all pull together in this 'bear market' and support both each other and the industry as a whole until the good times come back round again.

thomas1906
29th Oct 2008, 08:54
I have watched with interest over the past week some of the postings made. For obvious reasons I have stood back without comment.
However some of the comments made by Tomo, Tac 1 alias ex MD, and D & F are misleading, Tac 1 says that the winding up order served on MAL is insignificant, we'll see.

AircraftOperations
7th Nov 2008, 21:18
Aircraft still seems to be flying every so often, but not enough to be making money if recent availability updates are anything to go on.

Capri
8th Nov 2008, 13:00
Well our cheques have bounced, and we've gone from natwest to barclays..not sure why?? but have now been paid .. albeit a week late though.

Can't help but think the winding up petition has something to do with it.

Anyone know whats going on?

roster-monster
8th Nov 2008, 14:43
Seems the winding up petition on 'MAL' could be rather more significant for 'MAUK' than tac1 would like us to believe.

Tommo, loved your marketing strategy....oops sorry your group rallying speech, was that for the employees or for the brokers???,then again it wasn't the brokers who had their pay cheques bounce.

Will there be enough time for the good times to return, hope the creditors will be that patient and a tad understanding,maybe they have read your advertising campaign....oops sorry there I go again, your "ralying speech" and feel reassured that all is good at BHQ. you may have pulled that one off... but I'm not really a betting man.

Markoss was a unique company that held a good reputation however this was well before the time of the current owner,seems to me that since the change of ownership at Markoss there has been nothing but doom and gloom. Really Tommo, you should have concentrated on history at school as it seems this is one of your weakest subjects, along with maths!

flyingdolly
8th Nov 2008, 15:37
hopefully the potential investor has now been released from police custody and could still save the day! maybe even be willing to pick up this months salary run... you never know :)

Deep and fast
8th Nov 2008, 16:35
Oh look! Two new pprune joiners this month to have a dig a Markoss!

I thought off her trolly dolly was only a schizophrenic but it would seem she may have a few more alter egos.

D and F :8

flyingdolly
8th Nov 2008, 17:03
Oh dear deep throat, you really do have a bit of a wild imagination, however not surprising what a sad little fellow you are, just seing you logged onto this site as often as you are, you clearly do not have a life! so try and do yourself a favour this christmas and take a few minutes off of this site to write to santa asking if he would find you one :yuk:

Deep and fast
8th Nov 2008, 21:09
I do pprune a bit, that is a fair point! Thing is that unlike you I am a positive individual and it irritates when people moan and slag off people and companies to further a personal agenda.

It is also obvious that someone who posts straight away after joining in a negative manner is not the best form of information.
Pissed of ex employees or friends of is normally the case.

D and F

Capri
9th Nov 2008, 07:25
D & F "Oh look! Two new pprune joiners this month to have a dig a Markoss!"

I am not having a dig at all, my comments are fact, and it is not unreasonable to wonder what is going on?

D & F "Thing is that unlike you I am a positive individual"

Crikey D & F, reading through your posts, you have an unusual concept of being positive? Sticking your head in the sand, denying that there is a problem and making confrontational remarks are all your way of being positive?

keyholekate
9th Nov 2008, 08:47
Not to have a dig at anyone. I just think all of you should have the facts. The assualt is true, its easy to check. The accused is as advertised, the potential saviour of Markoss, get his name and check him out, simple. The witnesses are as stated. All this is easy to validate and the sooner the better I would think. Life in aviation is not getting any easier and this kind of behaviour is not going to hep. If Markoss is to float with all its good folks it needs to be done with upstanding people using outstanding principles.

Jonny Jowls
9th Nov 2008, 09:21
Come on everyone, if you pay your staff by cheque and it then bounces that is almost criminality.

Surely if they are in the mess that it seems then the check the bank account every day.

As for the investor, if he hadnt been nicked by Kents finest, it may not have all come out that he is a wanted man!!!

What a mess.:sad:

thomas1906
9th Nov 2008, 17:59
Well, I think it’s time for a little more clarification as to what’s been going on.
I did put a winding up petition in on MAL, why?
Because I refuse to continue to allow my house to be used as part security for the companies banking facilities moving forward any longer.
I cannot comment further regarding the removal of myself from the company and my shareholding as this is part of ongoing legal proceedings, except I will say that I was keen to resolve the issues through mediation, but the other side pulled out 3 days before the hearing.
I was responsible for the introduction of an investor in June who was prepared to invest significantly in the company to provide a secure future for all, which included the addition of new aircraft. However as no conclusion had been reached regarding my removal from the company this investor refused to invest.
As a result of the winding up petition the bank has frozen the bank account of MAL and its credit cards hence the payment problems as there is a cross guarantee between MAUK and MAL for the facilities that MAL has provided to MAUK.
I hope this clarifies and provides a little more understanding as to why the winding up petition was served.
I hope that the present managerial team at MAUK choose to resolve these outstanding issues and give back Markoss the reputation that I built up over the last 13 yrs.

Learjet Lad
9th Nov 2008, 17:59
Bouncing cheques like happened this week isfraudulent. F R A U D, nothing more, nothing less.

Either Markoss can pay its bills or it can lie, cheat, mislead, deceive and commit fraud- defined as a criminal offence. Bouncing cheques also causes distress for everyone, staff and suppliers - causing problems at home with wives, girlfriends and bank managers who decide not to meet direct debits for mortgages, cars and loans. Again to my mind no openness and honesty whatsoever from any of those at the top, including Tommojonm and tac1.

I said I would be off if this was the case. I am on my way. Markoss is dead, what with people in the office stealing documents and taking copies home and trying to set up yet another new company from the dust (by the way, some of these actions are potentially crimiinal too).

All those ppruners who have tried to mislead us into thinking everything was rosy, shame on you for your lies. Those who have been honest and rocked the boat, whatever their motives, thank you.

Jonny Jowls
10th Nov 2008, 16:36
This is just amazingly shoddy, and a sad end to a company that had great potential.

Latest thing that has emerged today is that they are trying to offload the Hangar and offices (which must surely be leased?) and by all accounts there are several interested parties.

If this is true, just exactly WHERE are they going to be based??????

Learjet Lad
11th Nov 2008, 18:38
See that Deep & Fast is trying an interview with BA Citiflyer at LCY. Good luck!

flyingdolly
11th Nov 2008, 19:43
CRIPES, good luck deep throat, you'll need it with your attitude :rolleyes:

Capri
12th Nov 2008, 15:16
Deep & Fast - gone a bit quiet haven't we? Given up on the advanced hoodwinking?

If it is true the cement delivery has now been cancelled and the brick work has finally crumbled, why would bob the builder & Co. be liberating items from the hangar, is this a bodgit & leggit?
Also if Old Bob & Tomo are trying to start again then surely this has to be one for the "Rogue Traders Team"! anyone got Matt Allwright's number?

hanger101
12th Nov 2008, 15:28
Quite true that the guy "supposedly" (but not likely) to bail out MARKOSS, DID in fact assault his previous Chief Pilot with MARKOSS staff pulling him off the person assaulted. Afterwards, those two individuals told the police they saw "nothing" and the assault charges were dropped----no witnesses!! Politics makes for "strange bedfellows".:=

keyholekate
12th Nov 2008, 15:29
Rumour has it that the "witnesses to the assault" who pulled the "new investor" off of the "former chief pilot" after "smashing his head against the wall" can no longer remember anything:D. This just gets better and better. I just cant wait for further installments.

Jonny Jowls
12th Nov 2008, 17:08
Sadly it doesnt get any better.

They went into Administration today.

Good luck to all (apart from the 2 at the top) caught up in this shoddy affair.

woodcoc2000
12th Nov 2008, 18:31
hope all the staff get sorted out quickly.. best of luck to all of you

Jonny Jowls
12th Nov 2008, 20:53
Hanger 101, just to clarify, the charges have NOT been dropped, and on a PNC check a whole can of worms was discovered (apparently)

It seems the 'investor' can look forward to extradition to somewhere where he can make a whole load of new 'friends'. Some would say he may be able to charge parking in certain parts of his body!!

That doesnt detract from the fact that good people are out of a job. Its hoped that some of the management clients will look to established AOC operators to manage their affairs, definately NOT two bit wannabees who dont really know their a*se from their elbow, but would enjoy watching re-runs of Midsommer Murders in between filling the odd flight plan!

We will see......................

Learjet Lad
12th Nov 2008, 21:09
Good luck to all those not party to this mess.

thomas1906
12th Nov 2008, 21:51
Bob the builder, can he fix it......NO!!!!!

I do however wish all the good people of Markoss good luck in finding future employment.

Bob and Pilchard the cat I guess "Jim didnt fix it for you"!!

flyingdolly
12th Nov 2008, 22:41
Well if the latest is true and staff have been trying to liberate the company of its assets over the last several days and given that the potential investor was arrested and now wanted for other charges overseas.

Key personnel disappearing over the last several months, salaries not being paid and creditors queuing up.

Tac1 not acknowleding that he jumped ship at the end of August along with the CP & CTP both deciding to step down from their posts to persue alternative routes.

Questions still unanswered as to why the founder of Markoss had his company "liberated" away from him.

The sales manager Tommo trying to justify his position by blantantly undermining the founder of Markoss (who by the way gave this guy the opportunity to get back in to aviation in the first place) after a 5 year absence... how time has given Tommo a selective memory....tut tut shame on you.

This sad story has unfolded in just a few short months (5 to be precise)

Personally I would like to remember the last 12 years that Markoss was around and just like any other aviation company it had its ups and downs, but it always held a good name and survived its problems due to the one person who believed in the people that worked for him even though it must have at times been to the detriment of his own personal situation he never gave up on his staff.

The behaviour and unknown motives of "Bob the builder" has only managed to ruin this company in a very short space of time.

Although it has to be said Tommo, you really did not help matters and I'm sure that your future in aviation may well lets say, be a bit muddy to say the least.

As for Bob, well quite sure you have a fair bit to deal with just now, hope you have a large enough mop and bucket to clean up your mess!

As for all the innocent good people out of a job, hope you will all find a resolve to this situation very soon, especially given this time of year and the present climate.

For the founder of Markoss and all other key personnel who found themselves a casualty of Bob, lets hope that this can now be an end to this chapter and better things will emerge out of this one day in the future.

Deep and fast
12th Nov 2008, 22:48
No hoodwinking from me! I stated fact only and never made any comment on the financial viability of Markoss.

Not quiet just busy enjoying some sun!

Dumb dolly your boyfriend must carry a smile with you obsession with deep throat.

As for bounced cheques being fraud, that is not the case. It is a civil matter, could you prove there was a deliberate attempt to deceive you and that there was no intention to pay! Very difficult!

Administrator called in eh! Well I hope this is not the case but if so I feel concern for those with training bonds. Depending how these have been written the administrator may try to recover this outstanding money through the process to cover debts.

It would seem there is a nasty bunch of merde dispersal specialists on this particular thread, but always remember it is a small industry and the market is getting worse. Only those who contribute to success will prevail.

D and F

flyingdolly
12th Nov 2008, 22:57
You really are a tremendous little bore now D & F isn't it about time you butted out of this and got on with your own sorry little life, there are enough people feeling very fed up with your irritating jibes... so do us all a favour and go and boil your head somewhere else. :p

Learjet Lad
12th Nov 2008, 23:11
Tut, tut....

Bouncing cheques is fraud ... hard to prove, grant you , but in some countries you go to jail ... criminal matter .... anyone writing a cheque without sufficient funds to cover it is signing an undertaking to pay the recipient knowing that it will be returned = fraud = criminal. Of course, if unpaid, one can easily get judgement .... yes, a civil process.

Yes, an Administrator could call in training bonds if an employee defaults first on his contract of employment or bond ... if the company defaults or fails first, then no chance of an Administrator getting a judgement in an English Court. By the way, it is spelt 'debt' not 'dept' (department), 'deliberate' not 'diliberate', and 'deceive' not 'decieve' ("i before e, except after c").

Anyway, good luck with BA or BM regional ... but hope you are better as a driver than a barrack room lawyer. Might help to learn to spell before you send out your next CV - see that NetJets, Execujet, BM Regional, and numerous others this year didn't work out. Adieu.

Duck Rogers
13th Nov 2008, 13:01
It's 'this' far away Phil. One of the combatants has already been retired to the naughty corner for a few days to contemplate the wisdom of their actions.

To the rest, please keep it civil.

dc9-32
14th Nov 2008, 11:00
So how does this affect the M+S King Air they managed ??

SussexBroker
14th Nov 2008, 14:36
it is funny how in these times of trouble some members of the aviation family insist on stirring it up... :ugh:

My first boss in aviation (some 15 years ago) told me on the first day that people in aviation have long memories and as such, I should never upset anyone in the industry, it's a small industry and one day you may need that person...

How right he has been many times over that period and I am glad I listened to him !!!

During these trying times, perhaps the airlines, brokers, pilots and everyone involved should be pulling together rather than trying to get the last childish word

Well done to the moderator for wrist slapping those perpetrators :ok:

SB