PDA

View Full Version : B757/757 Landing ALT Window & Jeppesen Plates

757jetjockey
19th Jun 2008, 09:07
Hi Guys, just two questions today. first one regarding the landing alt window on a boeing, our company SOP says we should set destination airfield elevation, however some chaps are setting runway touchdown elevation once were in the know about which runway were going to be using. There has been some interesting debate over this on flights, and for information the QRH Diversion checklist mentions resetting touchdown elevation.

Joust wondering what you all do, and what the effects if any would be of changing it etc.

I have been trying to think where the airport and touchdown elevations might be significantly different. As i was under the impression the plane depressurizes after touchdown, so if they were out, it could be slightly uncomfortable for pax to have their ears suddenly go 'POP'

The second query is regarding the new Jeppesen Airline format charts, and SID Turns.

On several departures from various airfields, there are turns depicted with a box stating MAX 210 KTS, BANK 15 below.

We have also had some healthy debate about what this implies and the implications of it.

some saying you should fly the turn at bank 15 and upto 210 kts maximum, to limit turn radius both minimum and maximum. which would make sense to me.

Others saying its a minimum bank angle and maximum speed

and one other I cant remember now... Doh.

I couldnt find any reference to it in Jepp Text Manual or online

Any suggestions

(For inf one of these boxes in found on Chania Dept's pages....)

Rgds

JetJockey

oceancrosser
19th Jun 2008, 13:08
Re the Landing Elevation for pressurization. At preflight we set the Destination Airport Elevation, when briefing the approach, we change to the actual touchdown elevation for the respective runway.

411A
19th Jun 2008, 13:34
some saying you should fly the turn at bank 15 and upto 210 kts maximum, to limit turn radius both minimum and maximum. which would make sense to me.

You are correct.
These types of notations began to appear on Jeppesen charts in the 1970's at a few airports, the first I noticed was at the old Osaka airport in Japan.

wingtip777
19th Jun 2008, 13:40
On The B777s, Those All Are Set Automatically. And The Cbt Says It Is Set To The Field Elevation, Never Say Anything About Touchdown Point.