PDA

View Full Version : Bush Flying

Sam-MAN
18th Jun 2008, 17:07
Hello all.

Now, before I start, I know this is a VERY vague question, but bare with me :ok:.

I did a bit of digging but couldn't find anything, so here goes...

If I was to go out to Africa with a fATPL and around 250hours, got a job bush flying, how much would I expect roughly a year? (money, of course :})

Sorry for the vagueness of the question :ok:

Sam

PitchandFan
19th Jun 2008, 16:57
Not too much, you might have to pay to fly with 250 hrs.:} At least there are many operators in SA that quite like that arrangement.

Propellerpilot
19th Jun 2008, 18:05
At the current exchange rate plus minus 90000 Rand = 6500 GBPounds per annum flying a C210 in Namibia.

babygoose
21st Jun 2008, 13:58
Get in your car and drive to windhoek..also get a C210 convex and you wil have the time of your life and get enough money to get around..:ok:

Sam-MAN
22nd Jun 2008, 03:04
Many thanks for the replies.

Doesn't look like bush flying will be an option for me once I've finished (hopefully) ATPL training in a few years time :} Don't think I could afford to pay off the loan on that pay :ok:

Thanks once again

Sam

roxar
22nd Jun 2008, 15:31
hi guy..
im interested to fly in africa but what a min requirement for bush pilot in africa?..
do i need Mecir n atpl?..

thx

Agaricus bisporus
22nd Jun 2008, 18:56
roxar,

a reasonable competence at spelling, punctuation and grammar will take you far. No Chief Pilot will look beyond the first line of your letter/cv if written in the nonsense you've posted here. If you present yourself in illiterate text-messaging chav-speak you are not going to make much of an impression as a Professional Pilot...no matter what technical qualifications you have.

dnk
24th Jun 2008, 04:41
p0wn3d!...

jyotipgayan
2nd Jul 2008, 19:44
i am a navigator with 6000 hrs qualified on AN 32, HS 748 and B737-200. have experience in ferrying cargo and passengers, para drops, operations from semi prepared surfaces, ultra low levels by day and night. operated from remote mountainous and forests. on the executive side have flown VIPs upto the President of a country across the world.

has been a qualified aviation instructor on navigation and allied subjects, flying navigator instructor, performance and trim instructor. total instructional experience 10 yrs varying from teaching abinitios to senior line captains.

i have a current CPL with TT 220 hrs on Cessna 152 & 172

i am looking for a part time bush flying job in Africa, Antartica, Arctic, wilder the place better will it be for me....i need it for the pure joy of flying and i do not intend to join any airline....cargo maybe...passenger haul...no way...bush or GA.... always

kindly suggest

Solid Rust Twotter
2nd Jul 2008, 20:08
Botswana or Zambia.

jyotipgayan
2nd Jul 2008, 20:23
thanks..any links...because the way things work .....everything seems to be word of mouth...so please advise