View Full Version : Licence Cover Replacement

jayteeto
14th Jun 2008, 21:49
Does anyone know if the CAA issue or sell replacement licence holders?? The web site is not user friendly at all. My Green ATPL holder has fallen apart this evening :(

Spitoon
14th Jun 2008, 22:37
Try dropping them an e-mail - address here (http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=288&pagetype=90).

jayteeto
15th Jun 2008, 00:24
Thanks, I have the e-mail and phone numbers, I was hoping there may be an on-line 'shop' to get these things. The website says no, hoping someone knows how.....

Yellow Sun
15th Jun 2008, 07:22
The last time I needed one I phoned them and they sent me one "gratis". It was some time ago, but it is the only thing I have ever had out of the CAA without having to pay!

YS

K.Whyjelly
15th Jun 2008, 09:54
Jayteeto..................spookily my green cover fell to bits recently when, in my haste to extract aforementioned item from my bag in order to hand it over for the duty trapper to sign off my LPC/OPC before he changed his mind, it split up the spine.

If you have any luck on the replacement front can you let me know please? Ta :ok:

mad_jock
15th Jun 2008, 13:29
I got a replacement by return post after emailing them. Free.

Emailed them at 10am, reply by 12. Turned up in the post next morning.

I wish someone would make a decent holder and not just a cover.

longarm
15th Jun 2008, 18:02
I also contacted them to ask about a new cover (last year). New one arrived next day no charge.

jayteeto
15th Jun 2008, 21:18
Thank you, e-mail on its way!!

DB6
16th Jun 2008, 09:01
Those covers are ****e and if they were designed to fall apart could not be better at it. I probably won't help but I put all my bits of paper back into my old (canvas and cardboard) PPL holder. Apart from some double takes at the sim it works just fine.