PDA

View Full Version : OJTI course

Foxy Loxy
11th Jun 2008, 15:31
Afternoon all,

I've done a search already for this query, but nothing presented itself.

Can anyone here point me in the right direction for information on OJTI course dates and costs in the UK? I tried the NATS website but it was b*gger all use...

Thanks!

man friday
11th Jun 2008, 17:40
you could always try BAE at cwmbran. if i rememer correctly its a 5 day course costing £900.

if you emailthem at baesystems.com i'm sure they'll give you the details

niknak
11th Jun 2008, 17:59
They're also available at ASTAC and, possibly at CATC Hurn (although considerably more expensive there).

Foxy Loxy
12th Jun 2008, 08:58
Thanks for the replies. Have sent an email to ASTAC this morning.
Man Friday - having done both ADI and APP at Cwmbran, I have no particular desire to revisit that area of S. Wales :}

Lon More
12th Jun 2008, 18:16
Not in the UK, but thr IANS course in Luxembourg is pretty comprehensive

Dizzee Rascal
12th Jun 2008, 21:05
having done both ADI and APP at Cwmbran, I have no particular desire to revisit that area of S. Wales

Usually that would be a incentive to go back to the same place.

Fair enough its not the best area (nasty smell of Jammy Dodgers from the factory up the road when the wind is blowing from the wrong direction!) but knowing the set-up, staff, simulator/airspace and what is expected as a student then surely that’s better than going in cold and unknown?

The OJTI practical course is only a week after all and what pub could ever be better than The Dragon Fly?!?!;)

Charlie23
12th Jun 2008, 21:15
Great sales pitch - ever thought of applying for "the Apprentice" ?? Rattle those keys!!!! xx:D

man friday
13th Jun 2008, 13:36
Fair one Foxy, always thought there was a reason you only had to pay in one direction when using the severn bridge!!!!

Foxy Loxy
13th Jun 2008, 17:15
man friday, that's merely a fine for leaving England!

Dizzee, I understand that some of the instructors (at least one, anyway) is now at ASTAC, so I really wouldn't mind going there.

Thanks all for your replies! :)

Dizzee Rascal
13th Jun 2008, 19:43
Dizzee, I understand that some of the instructors (at least one, anyway) is now at ASTAC, so I really wouldn't mind going there.

Yes, it's one instructor who has gone to ASTAC however, I think he is at ASTAC at Shoreham, AKAIK the OJTI (ICAO) course is done at Gloucester.