PDA

View Full Version : Dash 8 request

westafricaops
9th Jun 2008, 22:18
I have spent some time on the -8 web site and some time on google and can't find what I am looking for. My question is this; Does the dash 8 come in a quick change (QC) version and if so, how long does it take to switch from cargo to pax/pax to cargo? THX

wes afra

Gooneyone
10th Jun 2008, 01:11
Never heard of a quick change kit for the Dash - but that doesn't mean there isn't one.
Only know that some of the fleet have re-inforced floors to allow operation as combi or freighter.
Hope that's of some help.

westafricaops
10th Jun 2008, 02:01
Ya, some. I have not even found anything about a combi.

Gooneyone
11th Jun 2008, 00:49
AFAIK, the combi is really nothing more than a Dash with the re-inforced floor and the baggage compt fwd bulkhead moved fwd. Of course, you have to install a few more smoke detectors dependant on how far you move the bulkhead. Maybe the AFM would show the increased floor loading capability.

westafricaops
11th Jun 2008, 15:51
What about a 9g net the is common on other freighters that I have flown? Is the baggage bulkhead acceptable?

Gooneyone
12th Jun 2008, 00:32
That I don't know. The best bet would be to check with the regulatory authorities of both the states of registry and operation. I'm only familiar with the bulkhead method.