View Full Version : CPL in a citation?

hershey_86
8th Jun 2008, 20:15
recently ive heard of a young man in england who claims to have done his CPL in a citation. To me ths does sound like utter rubbish. as pointless as it seems is it legal? could you legally sit your cpl in a twin/pressureised jet? might be a silly question, but still im not familiar with englands law.

BYALPHAINDIA
8th Jun 2008, 20:59
Not normally, But I understand what you're saying.:oh:

the dean
9th Jun 2008, 09:15
hershey...

it sounds possible, but if its under JAA rules, surely A) the pilot in command would have to be an instructor, B)he would have to be cleared and the aircraft approved for single pilot operation, and C)the aircraft would have to be operated by a flight training organisation, and approved for flight training in that FTO....:confused:..the rest is money, money, money.....:}

Nashers
17th Jun 2008, 00:21
dont forget that the CPL skills test albiet has simmulated instrament work in it, is still a VFR flight..... i would love to know how his nav and divertion went.. "hight-2000ft, heading 045, ETA-36 seconds..."

galaxy flyer
17th Jun 2008, 01:13
I believe, in FAA world, you can get a type rating in any aircraft on a PPL. Yes, the standards are the same and, if you wish IR privileges you would have to fly all the IFR maneuvers. Yes, you could fly the plane as PIC, if not a commercial operation.

GF