View Full Version : Father Day lunch????

Daultonio
6th Jun 2008, 16:58
Hi all
Does anyone know of any good airports that i could take the father for "fathers day lunch" too??
Would be ideal if it had a nice place to eat for lunch.
I will be flying out of Blackbushe and would like it to be not too far.
One place i have heard is Gloucestershire Airport,
Anyone know of anymore??

BRL
6th Jun 2008, 17:06
Come down to Shoreham. Amazing Art-Deco building and two places to eat there. Grass or Tarmac, superb ATC.......

AWACS_bhoy
6th Jun 2008, 17:14
I know you don't want to go too far but for future planning a great wee resturaunt to try is the Tipsy Nipper up here in Fife at Glenrothes airport

Papa Charlie
6th Jun 2008, 21:30
Come down to Shoreham. Amazing Art-Deco building and two places to eat there. Grass or Tarmac, superb ATC.......

Only one now - Terminal 2 has been closed indefinitely. :(

modelman
6th Jun 2008, 21:51
Have you thought about Bembridge IOW,a pleasant walk to the Crab and Lobster (take the track past the Windmill-map available in security office) and return via the cliff path,all very pleasant if the weather is nice.Similar distance to going to Glos

Or,you could try the AV8 restaraunt at Kemble or the Aviator at Sywell.

Hope you have a good day for it.

MM

Cusco
6th Jun 2008, 22:03
If you want to eat at the airport with the dual purpose of watching aeroplane activity at the same time then the low-brow grub at Leicester might fit the bill.............

However if you want merely to take him to lunch by aeroplane and aren't fussed about watching aeroplanes then the Crab & Lobster at Bembridge wins hands down.

Two caveats:

1) don't walk, get a taxi (ask tower to ring for one the moment you land)

2) It'll be packed, ring the day before and book a table .(the day before might even be too late)

Enjoy

Cusco

Oldpilot55
6th Jun 2008, 22:19
Dabbling Duck at Gt Massingham..BOTH PPR..DD is excellent, worth a detour.

tegwin
6th Jun 2008, 22:19
The Cafe at Shobdon is acceptable....depends if you wanted a posh meal or just decent good value grub....

I could recommend several decent posh places, but I don't think you could land a plank next to them very easily unless you have a harrier:E:}

Biggles1049
7th Jun 2008, 07:49
Can only be the popular Breckland LAA Fathers day BBQ and Fly inn at Tibenham !! see LInkhttp://www.brecklandstrut.co.uk/noticeboard/index.php

lauchiemb
7th Jun 2008, 08:45
Fly to Bagby near Thirsk and take a cab to the Crab and Lobster in Asenby. Might be out of your budget if you have spent all your coppers on fuel though.
www.crabandlobster.co.uk/

Billredshoes
7th Jun 2008, 09:24
Old Sarum toke a party of 14 in the AN2 for Sunday Lunch booked a table (2) Very good food and welcome.

Popham allways lots going on + the best burgers / Brunch any were.

r44flyer
7th Jun 2008, 12:36
As you mentioned Gloucestershire... free landing fee voucher in Pilot (or Flyer?) this month :ok:

Johnm
8th Jun 2008, 11:02
Father's day is also Kemble Airday so keep and eye out for Notams, lots of displays both airborne and static.

http://www.kembleairday.com/