PDA

View Full Version : A320 - Elec Emer Config

captain87
2nd Jun 2008, 19:26
Today I was replaying the Electrics Sys of A320 CBT for the third time, but I didn't hear nothing about a secondary nature of this failure.
As you already know, Emer Elec Config. may be mainly caused either by a Dual Generator Failure or Dual AC Bus Fault ... so my question is:
- Which kind of other failure, if any, may bring the aircraft to Emerg Elec Conf. ?

:ok: Thanks in advance,
captain87

hetfield
2nd Jun 2008, 19:32
Accelarate to 250 kts or so, pull full aft, then you know....

electricdeathjet
2nd Jun 2008, 19:39
Smoke Drill...:ok:

captain87
2nd Jun 2008, 19:55
:ok: Thanks a million electricdeathjet !
Smoke drill is the "missing item" I was try to remember and fortunately you remind me this before going back on the FCOM's ... :ugh:

Best Regards,
captain87

TyroPicard
3rd Jun 2008, 09:16
AC BUS 1+2 FAIL will also do it.

captain87
3rd Jun 2008, 20:21
Hi TyroPicard,
for sure, AC Bus 1 + 2 Fault is obviously the main cause of Elec Emer Config. so I decided not to write it ...
In that situation, QRH procedures instruct the pilots to try to reset both of engine generators (if I don't get wrong) then (if unsuccessfull) to isolate both of sides by setting the Bus Tie switch off and trying to reset generator again ... but this may be considered as a "Dual Gen Failure" even though it's not so at all ... Is that correct ? :confused:

:ok: Lots of Thanks,
captain87

TyroPicard
4th Jun 2008, 14:29
You can have 2 serviceable Gens but still lose AC BUS 1+2 due to an electrical fault, hence the isolation on the second attempt at Gen reset.
But if both Gen are Inop the effect is the same .. but the APU Gen might connect.
TP

captain87
4th Jun 2008, 14:50
That's all clear now ! Thank you TyroPicard ! ;)

Best Regards,
captain87