PDA

View Full Version : contacting westjet......?

alpha474
1st Jun 2008, 02:43
hi all, i'm flying off to edmonton, AB from india on vacation and wanted to drive down to calgary to checkout westjet airline ops. i know i'll eventually put my resume on workapolis site but just wanted to get a tour of the hangar to see how they work and what are my chances of getting in.....
can anyone help me out with contact numbers? whom to meet and office addresses?

and anyone flying for WJ and staying in edmonton??? would love to speak to him!
cheers....
:)

Mr Lover
1st Jun 2008, 09:46
and anyone flying for WJ and staying in edmonton??? would love to speak to him..

or her you mean...

best of luck...

Glorified Donkey
1st Jun 2008, 15:17
yea remember women fly on this side of the world :ok:

Craic Ore
1st Jun 2008, 19:05
....they do in India too, mate! :eek:

alpha474
1st Jun 2008, 19:25
LADIES & Gentlemen
..... as Mr. Singh from Mind Your Language said... "A THOUSAND APOLOGIES!!:)

i didnt mean to be gender biased here or anything such! yes Women pilots are flying the indian skies! and some are TRE TRIs! i have no hassles. What happened was just a quick typo on my behalf :ugh:and it became quite a politically incorrect statement!:} Remember i come from a country who had a woman president in 1980's, whos daughter in law is the force behind Ruling Coalition Govt. ... and has 2 Provinces ruled by Women elected representatives! There are women base managers in various airlines and such as well...in short... in the land of Indira Gandhi as well as Kama Sutra... we indians love our women in every way!!;)

but anyways i rephrase myself..
i would love to speak to someone from Westjet HR (age no bar SEX NO BAR) and it would be perfect if someone flys out of edmonton and i could get to speak to them....

Cheers

p.s. enough of my leg pulling guys..good job:D... now may i get some real info?please?:{

Glorified Donkey
1st Jun 2008, 21:33
i know im just teasing guys. two of my students long ago were females from Bangalore :ok:

Mostly Harmless
2nd Jun 2008, 18:42
And now for something completely different... actual information.

It will take you 3 hours to drive from Edmonton to Calgary. Make sure you incorporate that into your plan. Come on a Wednesday. That is the day for hangar tours and to meet the people who do the hiring. You would like to talk to Mr. Proban. If he is out, then usually one of the other HR people would be happy to speak with you. If you know anyone who works at WestJet, get them to take you in and introduce you around.

Good luck.