PDA

View Full Version : Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment

Pages : [1] 2

milehighclubber
31st May 2008, 12:47
Anyone got any info on start dates for June.......Anyone starting, know if its Syd or Mel???????????

:8

jaffac
6th Jun 2008, 04:50
Hi all

Just flicking through the SMH and found this article.

Arousing suspicions Qantas could use its cost-cutting drive to replace its large chunks of its workforce with lower paid staff, Mr Borghetti confirmed the staff freeze would not affect the airline's planned intake of 2000 long-haul flight attendants to man its new fleet of Airbus A380 superjumbos and Boeing 787s.
"We're still going ahead with the program," Mr Borghetti said.
The flight attendants will be hired on an enterprise bargaining agreement signed last November, under which they will work 30 per cent more hours on 25 per cent less pay than Qantas's existing long-haul flight attendants.
However, Mr Borghetti hit out at union claims Qantas could be using the environment of high oil prices to drive down the working conditions of its 36,000 staff.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/qantas-cuts-flights-and-sacks-staff/2008/06/05/1212259061368.html

There is still hope!!

jaffac
12th Jun 2008, 02:37
Hi everyone,

I'm one of the lucky people waiting to hear from QCCA. I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything from them at all over the past few days, weeks??

milehighclubber do you have a start date yet? Is anyone booked in for an interview day?

any news about any movement would be fab!!

Good luck to all:ok:

donnazulfi
12th Jun 2008, 06:23
Hello,
I was at the QCCA recruitment day in Mel on the 29th of April. I heard from them about three weeks ago telling me that they had checked my references and my application would now be reviewed by management. Was anybody else told this? Will there be further interviews? Has anybody been told they were successful ?. Would love to hear where you are at in the process.

Many Thanks

Donna

spawn08
12th Jun 2008, 06:48
Hey Donna,

No there won't be anymore interviews. The next step for you, I'm assuming, will be a medical, unless you've already done this.

You're really lucky though, as I was at a recruitment day on the 17th of April I think it was, and I haven't heard a single thing from them.

Who knows what's going on. Maybe they're sorting through Melbourne first? *shrug*

In other news, I cancelled my recruitment day with MAM today as I think I'd rather wait until I hear back from QCCA before going to another one. Here's hoping we hear something soon.

donnazulfi
12th Jun 2008, 09:19
Hello, no medical yet. I guess we will just have to wait?
Donna

diamond35
17th Jun 2008, 01:20
Hey guys,

I attended the interview on March 5th!!! And still haven't heard a thing from them :(
Have tried to contact them but they just keep telling me to be patient.....its nearly 4 months and i'm trying to still be patient

jaffac
17th Jun 2008, 01:39
Hey there,

I sure do feel your pain and frustration!! Was your interview in Melbourne or Sydney? My interview was April 20 in sydney and I've not heard anything either.

I get the impression that they are going ahead with the Melbourne base before Sydney!? I would just like to know if I'm out so that I can put 100% back into my current job or that I've moved on to the ref check stage so I can get all excited again and regain the hope I had 2 months ago!!!!!!

I guess we all just have to remember no news is good news and to TRY and stay positive......:ok:

VB Flyboy
17th Jun 2008, 03:22
:) Hey guys just hang in there, I had my interview in Sydney in May, and had my ref checks done 2 weeks ago not long after my interview. Who knows how it works. Its done on a scoring system i was told.

Goodluck

VB Flyboy

jaffac
18th Jun 2008, 23:16
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if you are informed by QCCA when your references will be checked? Do they send you an email or phone you? I don't think things are looking good as It's been 2 months since my RD and haven't heard anything yet!

I know I'm not alone in the wait so how do you all go on with your normal life while you continue to wait to hear more information??

After this wait (assuming we get the job) EPs will seem like a walk in the park............:(

jaffac
2nd Jul 2008, 00:12
Hi everyone,

I spoke with QCCA yesterday asking about the status of my application. As usual they would not go into any detail but they did say that they are due to send out a round of emails, positive and negetive!!

Good luck to all :)

eeh
2nd Jul 2008, 02:02
Hi jaffac,
I'm also waiting for reply(almost 4months now) from QCCA,
What do you mean --- positive and negative???
I thought no news is good news,

jaffac
2nd Jul 2008, 03:18
eeh,

The guy I spoke with just said he thought it had been over a month since they sent out the last round of update emails (the you will know more in 4 weeks email) and they were due to send out I guess more 'you will know more in 4 weeks' or the dreaded 'thanks but no thanks' email!!

Having put my life on hold for this dream job I will just die if I get THAT email!!!............................

diamond35
3rd Jul 2008, 02:04
Hmmm....thats funny because in the 17 weeks its been now since my interview I haven't recieved any of the above mentioned emails!!
A 'you will hear more in 4 weeks' email would have been nice.....

jaffac
4th Jul 2008, 00:07
How have you survived 4 months without hearing anything from them?? I'm only 2.5 months and I've just about lost the plot with everything!!!!!

I guess my biggest fear is that I get the thanks but no thanks email and then have to wait a further 6 months to re apply........

As I keep telling myself, stay positive and good things will happen:ok:

space waitress
4th Jul 2008, 21:08
Hi guys.. Just to let you know that for those of you still waiting to hear back from QCCA, I got told by an insider from QF that they have put all applications on hold due to the increasing fuel prices. A colleague of mine that applied for QCCA back in Jan just got an email 3 weeks ago saying she has got the job but due to the fuel crisis the initial ground school has been put on hold until further notice. But i will still suggest for you not to put all your eggs in one basket as the aviation industry is in constant change. I know for a fact that QFLink are recruiting at the moment in Syd for cabin crew, they held a recruitment day in syd yesterday. It's just a suggestion.

jaffac
8th Jul 2008, 06:31
Hi everyone,

I just received another status update email from Qcca. Similar to the last one saying that I would hear from them via email in 4 weeks time.

Good to know I'm not out of the game just yet!!

Has anyone else received any emails of late?

spawn08
8th Jul 2008, 10:07
jaffac,

I received that email today as well! Like you said, at least it wasn't the no email! So yay for that!

Good luck, and just keep on waiting! :)

donnazulfi
13th Jul 2008, 03:05
Hello,
Well this is the end of the road for me:{. I also got the “you will know more in 4 weeks” email and the following day I got the “thanks but no thanks email”. I was very confused so I call Qantas and they followed it up. They had sent the “4 weeks email” then later that day processed my application and final word was no. Go luck to you all; let’s hope you get better news.

Donna

Breeza
13th Jul 2008, 05:40
DONNA! Sorry to hear you didn't make it :*, Don't say it's the end of the road... Don't give up yet! Keep applying, keep your chin up hun! All good things come in due time! :)

Rmondo
13th Jul 2008, 06:34
Hey Breeza,
nice to know I'm not the only one who may, WILL (lets think positive) be communting from down the coast - I'm in Fairhaven. Good to hear some of us are still hanging in there.

eeh
13th Jul 2008, 09:07
donna,
same as you, i also got no thanks email after 4months,
good luck thoes who are still waiting for 'yes' from QCCA

sarahj
21st Jul 2008, 02:21
Hey guys,

I had an interview in Melb April 23.
Have had my reference check and the 4 week email,
No medical so far..
Have also recieved an email stating that recruitment is on hold and theres currently no indication of how long it will be until further processes.
Anyone else in my boat??

spawn08
21st Jul 2008, 02:53
Hey guys.

I, like many others got the email telling me that the recruitment process is on hold and they don't know how long this will last.

It was to be expected though, following the annoucement the other day.

Oh well. Good luck to everyone in whatever they choose to do. I'm going to finish uni and who knows, I may be a qualified lawyer by the time QCCA ever gets back to me! (yes, I'm studying law, but would much rather be a flight attendant! :P)

Peace out! :)

sarahj
21st Jul 2008, 12:12
So does anyone actually know or have any inside info re: when this could possibly take place.. eg 2 months or 2 years..??
Am about to go to plan b anyways, but i still check my emails at least 50 times a day....just incase :p

rexel
21st Jul 2008, 15:00
id go plan C and forget about the whole thing....

jaffac
22nd Jul 2008, 03:59
sarahj, I thing plan b is a really good idea! I too got the on hold email...not sure what to do now other than to try and forget about qcca for just a little while and maybe they will start hiring in the near future.:sad:

jaffac
22nd Jul 2008, 04:03
good luck with uni, I'm sure you'll make a wonderful lawyer!!

Breeza
22nd Jul 2008, 05:20
I'm studying law too, I'd also much rather be a flight attendant... hehehe

call button
22nd Jul 2008, 10:11
It is likely that all recruitment will be cancelled for the 08-09 financial year. Of course things may change, but I think it is very unlikely that there will be any new intakes this year.

sarahj
22nd Jul 2008, 22:51
Thanks all,
I have moved on haha!
Will be living in Melb by December, and other plans are in progress..
It does suck, however..just get over it!!:p
I would still love to see people progress... if any
And feel free to message round Dec.. for those in Melb and we can catch up for some bevs!
Cheerios

jetcrewnw
24th Jul 2008, 09:26
when did you get the on hold email.....
I got the looking at your file email on 8 july and was notified that to wait
4 wks to hear from them regarding whether mgmt acceted me yet

Rmondo
25th Jul 2008, 07:27
likewise. I received the 'get back to you in 4 weeks' email on July 8th but nothing more since.
I know MAM (domestic) have put all recruitment on hold till further notice. Lets hope its all a 'knee jerk' reaction to the fuel prices and recruitment will be back on again VERY soon. After all, QF is going to need crew to work all these new aircraft I believe they're still buying.
FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Rmondo
28th Jul 2008, 07:30
Received the same email today.

Oh well, need to chase a few of those other fish in the sky!!

Breeza
28th Jul 2008, 09:07
hEY GUYS,

Really sorry to hear your news. :sad: *hugs*

I'm sure there's something better for you out there anyways, so keep your chin up and keep trying!

Bree.

cal777
28th Jul 2008, 23:18
Sarahj,

I don't have any inside knowledge as to when etc, however, Now that the identity of the new CEO is known I'd have to say, Hello "Team Qantas"

Alan Joyce has been brought in for a very specific purpose and that is to make Qantas a very "lean" airline. He is not about to change his modus operandi. QCCA is the thin edge of the wedge, just as Jetstar was and Team Jetstar now is!

The gravy train has left the station and will not be returning, being a Flight Attendant is still a good job/career but you will never earn really good money ever again. When you get in,if you find you love it that's all that matters.

Good Luck
Cal:)

Rmondo
30th Jul 2008, 07:34
Hi nat001

I had my qcca RD on June 15th in St Kilda MEL.

I was also waiting on results from a MAM RD to come through and I think I was only days from getting the "we have pleasure in informing you..." email, then MAM puts everything on hold as well - bugger!!

red or white
31st Jul 2008, 20:25
Guys...........

No more in recruitment for qcca for at least a year....so end of 2009..

skylarker
31st Jul 2008, 22:35
Guys...........

No more in recruitment for qcca for at least a year....so end of 2009..

Sorry but that statement is just not true.

hiflying
1st Aug 2008, 00:07
I agree that statement is not true.. considering they don't know themselves when they will hire again.. end of 2009 is a bit far fetched considering how much can change in 6 months, let alone a year.

any sources?

spawn08
1st Aug 2008, 04:57
Hey guys!

I got the no email today! Not to worry though.. I don't think my parents would have been too pleased with me telling them I was going to be a FA as opposed to a barrister! .. lol

Good luck to you all, although it doesn't look very promising!

See ya!

Deb19
1st Aug 2008, 06:09
Hi everyone, I am only new to this forum, [thanks Breeza]. I applied 15 weeks ago to Qantas and have not even been to a recruitment day yet :ugh:. Sorry to hear some people have received the 'no' email, that is so sad. :sad:Good luck to everyone else :)
Deb

jetcrewnw
4th Aug 2008, 08:06
got the same email
rejection after so long and all the effort
what happens when it goes to mgmt
dont they like the face perhaps
so anyone got a start date yetz?
maybe all is on hold and no recruitment for a while
anyone given a letter saying yes but not yet ur in

sarahj
4th Aug 2008, 12:27
Hey guys,
I recieved this a few weeks ago...

QF CABIN CREW AUSTRALIA UPDATE
Given recent announcements regarding Qantas' response to current changing economic conditions all current recruitment processes are on hold.
As future opportunities become available we will progress your file and contact you accordingly. At this stage we do not have an indication of how long it will be before we progress with your application.
We appreciate your patience and understanding at this time.

Haha two months, two years..?? I have built a big bridge!

jetcrewnw
6th Aug 2008, 11:28
:\ so anyone else got axed or in please let us know...
we need to know what is going on whether recruitment all are axed
so if you have been put on hold or have a start date or axed
we want to know

:D:ugh::{:=:):bored:

Airspire
6th Aug 2008, 13:33
In the wake of the recent turmoil to hit the aviation industry with skyrocketing global oil prices coupled with a slowdown in the Australian economy, where does that leave you with the all too stingy red kangaroo?

I think it says a lot about a company that makes you pay for your; national security check, medical examination, the inevitable police check, a language proficiency test, and to add insult to injury sign you onto a new agreement that ensures you work more hours for significantly less pay. <warning bells>:ooh:

Perhaps enlisting in the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) as a Crew Attendant might be just starting to look a little more appealing. A different name, yet a similar but more challenging and important representational role flying the Prime Minister, Governor General, the Queen, Federal Government ministers and other foreign dignitaries around Australia and abroad.

Above and Beyond, ladies (and gents if applicable)?

Deb19
6th Aug 2008, 23:09
jetcrewnw, sorry to hear you got the no email, that is so sad. Keep your chin up and I know there is something better out there for you.:ok:

Rmondo
7th Aug 2008, 05:49
All very frustrating.

Bad enough jumping through all the hoops, then waiting months, just to get the 'no' email.
I too received that email a couple of weeks back after a mid June RD.
Though by the sounds of things - we will be eligible to reapply (6 months) perhaps before QF are even recruiting again!!

Hate those 'hoops'.

red or white
7th Aug 2008, 20:22
Everybody will get the NO Thanks email. This will be easier for qcca as they do not know when recruitment will start again. The rumour is, a freeze until mid - end 2009. Qcca can then start the recruitment all over again..hope this helps all confused...

chicken or fish 2
8th Aug 2008, 08:16
If you go for an interview with Qantas and they send you the no email do you get your money order back???

If not, then for every "no" email they have sent out this month they must be making a fortune....

Breeza
8th Aug 2008, 09:03
hrmm interesting thought CorF,

My heart really goes out to all of those that made it so far and spent so much in the QCCA process... I think it's very unfair and I don't think it fair that if recruitment doesn't start up again with 6 months you have to go through it all again... that's just wrong.

I wish you guys all the best and I hope that some yes emails come through and you are all up there soon...

xxx

red or white
8th Aug 2008, 09:19
Chicken or fish,

Yes they will send the money order back....

Ka.Boom
10th Aug 2008, 00:45
Qantas Long Haul Cabin Crew(QAL) are to be offered Voluntary redundancy.
Details will become available in the next few weeks

alyssa
10th Aug 2008, 11:30
Hi to all who applied for cabin crew,

I too received the no email after nearly three months and was gutted. It is nice to see that people in their 40s are applying. I attented RD in Sydney on June 5th just wondering if all that preogressed had any food & beverage experience?

alyssa
10th Aug 2008, 11:34
It will be interesting to hear the outcome of this. I think they are just trying to get rid of the high paid cabin crew who are on ridiculously high wages and will see the number by Dec 08 and will then look at re-hiring 2 for the price of 1.

Airforce.1
10th Aug 2008, 12:30
Ridiculously high?
You need to qualify that.

milehighclubber
10th Aug 2008, 13:20
Rediculously high? Do you know what your talking about? For someone that serves and ensures safety of over 250 passengers, feeds, cleans their ****, administers first aid, can safely evacuate an aircraft, unhealthy sleep patterns and working odd be commented on being paid rediculously high is a joke.. think about what ur talking about...

As for recruitment. Last two groups are going thru around 18-19 august...all further recruitment for QCCA 2008 has been put on hold..

DEFCON4
10th Aug 2008, 13:53
......Alyssa meant to say that QCCA wages were ridiculously low.
Why would anybody be proud about being paid a lower wage than they are worth?
Its not that a group of people is being paid more but rather another group is being paid less.
Lets raise the bar ....not lower it.
Agitate for higher wages....the cost living is going up.... not down.
Housing is more expensive.Clothes food,cars, furniture, white goods and a variety of household utensils are all more expensive.
Superannuation is tied to wages.
Wages need to keep pace not fall behind.
Good Lord no wonder everyone is critical of the Australian Education System.
It is producing people like Alyssa who are making such absurd statements

Rmondo
10th Aug 2008, 23:05
I guess I would agree with alyssa to a small degree.

I'M sure it would be true to say that QF would like to have many cc on the 'old' pay scale be replaced with new cc on the new/lower scale within QCCA. Exactly the same as Jetstar was/is being replaced by Team Jetstar.

Sure, the new eba may bring with it better conditions, though having friends in both QF and JQ, both pay and conditions seem to be on the down side.

red or white
11th Aug 2008, 20:20
This is what QF wants. People to do the job for a lower pay...Get rid of the "oldies" and in with the Alyssas...These Alyssas will be worked to the ground for a lower pay. They will last in the job 5-6 years and leave again replaced by many more Alyssas.The job is hardly a career anymore, those days are gone.Looking at some of the current qcca crew, they certainly come in all shapes and sizes...

Rmondo
12th Aug 2008, 00:54
Red or White, this does seem to be the way many work places are going.

Bring in new people who would give their right arm to work for 'the establishment', work them into the ground, and after they've burnt themselves out replace them with a new batch in 2 to 5 years - certainly don't have to pay out long service leave..!
I'm not just having a dig at QF here, but having been in the work force for a great number of years, this is what I've personally noticed - especially within very high profile jobs. And we all know (and so does QF) there aren't enough right arms to go around that people would give to work as a FA.

surfside6
14th Aug 2008, 03:34
The average Australian Wage is now $58832.80.
These figures were published today by the ABS.
When applying for QCCA positions bear this in mind
There are those (Geoff Dixon)that would consider this average wage to be ridiculously high

donnazulfi
19th Aug 2008, 12:52
Has there been any one who has not got a no email as yet?

sarahj
19th Aug 2008, 22:45
Yer, I got an...on hold email, I have posted it in this forum somewhere, but nothing since..

Deb19
21st Aug 2008, 04:23
I haven't received anything yet until I got this email today -

We are aware that some e-mail addresses (especially Hotmail, Gmail Yahoo accounts etc.) are not accepting the Recruitment Newsletter attachment sent out this morning. We are currently looking into alternatives to ensure you received this Newsletter.
Please dis regard this e-mail if you have successfully received the attached Recruitment Newsletter.

Kind Regards,
Cabin Crew Recruitment Team
QF Cabin Crew Australia PTY Limited

I haven't received the newsletter so I don't know what it is all about. Has anyone received this newsletter??

funbus_flighty
21st Aug 2008, 05:24
I too received this email today. Kind of confusing and/or poorly worded. I guess it's saying 'if you did receive the newsletter, shut up' and 'if you didn't receive the newsletter, shut up and wait'.

I'm in the 'shut up and wait category'. I guess I'm destined to fly the Koru (Air NZ) skies for a little while longer. I guess I shouldn't complain, it is a nice job, but I still call Australia home :yuk:

Fly safe all

Deb19
21st Aug 2008, 05:56
Well I just received the newsletter, it talks about Qantas and the Olympics and the new aircraft and recruitment -

RECUITMENT UPDATE
QF Cabin Crew Australia Pty Ltd is currently not recruiting and all existing applications have been placed on hold. As soon as the Cabin Crew Recruitment Team have further information in regards to recommencing the application process it will be communicated immediately.

Well now we know and so we all just have to sit tight. http://www.cabincrew.com/ccnetwork/smileys/smiley19.gifhttp://www.cabincrew.com/ccnetwork/smileys/smiley19.gif

Rmondo
21st Aug 2008, 06:25
Hi guys.

I received THREE attempts today from MAM to send a newsletter as an attachment, which was worded exactly as the email sent to Deb19, from QCCA, but was obviously signed off as MAM.
I guess the contents of the attachment (when I get it) will be the same too.

Deb19
26th Aug 2008, 02:12
Just heard thru a friend that Qantas should start recruiting again in January!!!!!! Lets all keep our fingers crossed. Those that have received the 'no' email January will be a good time to reapply as your 6 months is up. :ok:

alyssa
27th Aug 2008, 11:12
To Deb19,

Thanks for that update. My mum is keen to re-apply in 6 months as she too got the thanks but no thanks email as well and she was disappointed as she thought she did really well on the day with 2 on1 etc. She was quite suprised that she even made it through the whole process because she felt that she was too old which she is not as she to is 43 years old.She is a little sad because she does not think that she will be accepted even next time regardless of how well she thinks the interview goes because of age. What do you guys think?:)

Deb19
27th Aug 2008, 22:52
alyssa,
tell your Mum not to worry about her age [I am the same age], I have heard from alot of people that age doesn't matter. Before all the recruiting stopped there were a few people our age and older got accepted. Has she flown before with anyone?

Ka.Boom
27th Aug 2008, 23:05
There will be no recruitment at Qantas until the fleet is right-sized.
This involves the arrival of the A380 in numbers that allow the retirement of older gas guzzling aircraft.
Once the Qantas Fleet reaches a net increase then recruitment will re occur.
This will be associated with the establishment of new destinations
This is not expected to reach fruition until at least the end of next year or early 2010.
Any other posts suggesting the contrary are merely wishful thinking or speculation.

alyssa
28th Aug 2008, 11:47
Hi Deb19,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Mum has not flown before but always wanted to.I will continue to encourage her to re-apply when the time is right.

sarahj
11th Sep 2008, 04:06
Just out of curiosity.. has anyone whos has applied for QCCA been offered to pursue opportunities in NZ and UK?

sarahj
11th Sep 2008, 04:08
And if so.. is anyone intending on pursuing these options..??

AirborneSoon
11th Sep 2008, 10:31
Alyssa maybe one day when you've been an FA for a couple of years your airline will turn around and offer you 30% less money to do the same job because you are now "ridiculously overpaid". You can then look forward to not being able to afford your rent or electricity on your new more sensible wage.
:uhoh::eek::{

Deb19
12th Sep 2008, 03:35
Sarahj No sorry havent been offered any other positions. Have you and are you going to take them???

sarahj
13th Sep 2008, 12:36
I have requested more information which was on offer and I may consider it. I ll wait until I find out a little more before I make any decisions.. will keep you informed :)

Deb19
22nd Sep 2008, 02:44
Found a site which shows the new Qantas uniform

http://www.smh.com.au/news/photogallery/travel/qantas-attendants-new-uniforms/2008/09/17/1221330919192.html (http://www.smh.com.au/news/photogallery/travel/qantas-attendants-new-uniforms/2008/09/17/1221330919192.html)

Take a look.:ok:

beachbum66
22nd Sep 2008, 08:17
I was there in syd on sunday with a Qf friend of mine watching the aircraft arrive. I had a lump in my throught asthe front door opended and pax plus staff came out. Well i thought i should be there ;( , anyways the new unifform looks great , the whole crew looks young as well not many over 40's did i see at all. I have been in the airline industry for years now. The thing is once your in it gets in your blood, its really hard to leave ( i was retrenished) but tring to get back in is proving very, very hard . i miss and love it so much im even prepared to go down to low pay, as i have mostly been part time staff anyways. But it saddens me so much, i just want to get back in the sky there is nothing like it really.
:(

Deb19
23rd Sep 2008, 00:37
I totally agree with you beachbum, I too use to fly with Qantas 15 years ago and it does get in your blood. I sent my application in about 5 months ago and am still wating to hear. All I want to do is fly. In May my husband and I went to Fiji and I spent the whole time whist in the airport staring at the flight attendants and wishing that was me. :{

deon85
11th Oct 2008, 03:02
i work for QF and i've heard that they will be recruiting again in Jan/Feb but i think it will be for the A380's only.. not 100% sure on that... good luck to everyone who applies ;)

Deb19
12th Oct 2008, 22:56
deon, thanks for that info, it gives us a little bit of hope. I have heard that some people who are going thru the waiting game are getting sent forms to continue on, so this is also a good sign. :D

Deb19
30th Oct 2008, 03:06
Hi kb84,
Sorry I can't answer any of your questions maybe Lhr is having a freeze as well. Have a look else where on this site for the Qantas London site they might be able to answer your questions. Sorry good luck with it all thou.

Pegasus747
16th Nov 2008, 10:17
QCCA recruitment has been suspended indefinitely. The world economic conditions are causing airlines to start rationalising routes and reduce flying.

Depending on forward bookings and the arrivals of A380 A/C there will be future QCCA recruitment but nothing planned before April next year at this stage

dyal1
17th Nov 2008, 04:58
wow april?

what about MAM? same situation?

A380flying
25th Nov 2008, 00:22
I had a Email from Qantas Yesterday saying that all recuitment has been cancelled. Due to the current economic conditions, Qantas has taken the decision to freeze all recruitment until further notice. http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/boohoo.gif
Qantas hope that they will be able to resume there recruitment programme early in 2009. So Im on the back wall till thenhttp://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/wibble.gif. This is just a precaution for Qantas to take, and horizon scan all conditions.

Jasehttp://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

Deb19
27th Nov 2008, 00:48
A380flying,

what a bummer I hope they start recruiting soon. I hate playing the waiting game but hopefully it will be all worth it in the end.

Good luck to everyone in the same boat. :)

sarahj
11th Feb 2009, 04:19
Hey,

Yeah I am still on hold, and not holding my breath haha,
But i still get the newsletter sent monthly, saying that it is still on hold. I was offered opportunities in the Uk, which I havent heard from either. I also have been offered to go through to regional, which Im not interested in at the moment.

Deb19
15th Feb 2009, 23:07
Hi how is everyone going? Are you all still waiting or have some of you got positions yet?

The waiting game is so hard. :ugh:It has been 10 months for me now and I have heard that when it gets to 12 months waiting you have to re-apply.

:sad:I wonder does this put you back at the bottom of the list?

I was hoping that with the new aircraft now out that they might put all the current Flight Attendants onto those and recruit some more [like us???]

Yecab
16th Feb 2009, 09:00
Hi all,

I have been invited to an assesment day for Quantas, very excited!!! I have a tattoo on the inside of both my wristes, i have been reading on here about airline's and tattoos but cant find anything with Qantas. I have looked on their website at the uniforms and i can see the sleeves for ladies and three quaterlength so covering up would be the only option. Does anyone already do this and have any tips on what the best thing to use is? Or are they quite strict about tattoos and cover up would not be an option?

Thanks heaps in advance!

I Just Want To Fly
16th Feb 2009, 09:22
QANTAS, is like pretty much every other airline. No visible tattos while in uniform.

You will need to use a flesh coloured plaster. Depending on the size of your tattoo, it may not be that noticable. Your watch will probably partially cover the plaster.

There are some special makeups that covers tattoos. I have not tried it, but might be worth a go.

Camouflage makeup concealer for blemishes tattoo (http://www.tattoocamo.com)

flitegirl
18th Feb 2009, 08:21
you can also wear the long sleeve shirt option.

BrissySparkyCoit
18th Feb 2009, 10:31
oops..... that decision you made has come back to bite you huh??

Little_Red_Hat
18th Feb 2009, 11:42
Repeat after me... "There is NO U in Qantas!!!" :ugh:

Domestos
18th Feb 2009, 13:25
Little Red Hat.....love it! love it! I'm gonna steal that one from you.

Yecab...depending on how big your tatoo is, maybe you could use band-aid to cover it up on the day of your interview. I wouldn't worry about it too much ONCE you've gotten the job and have been flying around....because so many people break the grooming rules anyway. But to limit your chances of getting caught at the interviews...best to cover it all up with something like band-aid.....then when you work for Qantas...just wear the long sleeve shirts.

Boomerang_Butt
18th Feb 2009, 13:29
There are certain brands of makeup which are designed to cover tattoos.. however given the amount of times you have to wash your hands I don't know how long it would stay on for... and of course you don't always have time to go re-apply. Depending on the size of the bandaid of course- as wearing a huge plaster on your hands when you are serving food is not a good look!

Yecab
18th Feb 2009, 14:10
Dam, managed to leave you U out in the title but not in the main message! Shall have to keep my eye on that! Thanks for all the advise, think i may opt for the make up if i can, plasters on the inside of both wrists can't be a good look! Thanks again for all the help :)

lovefly
20th Feb 2009, 15:23
Hi

I just thought i'd pass on some info, I have a tattoo on my wrist too. I went to the Gulf air interviews at the start of feb and got the job, however they do not like tattoos... they checked our arms and legs for large scars and tattoos... i am now in the process of removing mine as I cant start the job with it. I had lasrer treatment but after finding out that it might take 4-8 months and they can only hold my place for 6 months max i am now going to have cosmetic surgery. If you can cover it with make up give it a go but i was made to take my plaster off in my interview.... it sucks big time but they dont like them. Your airline might be different but i thought id just warn you! :) x

Joelle

I Just Want To Fly
22nd Feb 2009, 10:19
Yecab - "plasters on the inside of both wrists can't be a good look! "
Yeah, they might ask for a special psychological evaluation during your medical!

lovefly - talk about going to extreme lengths for a CC job! Good luck!

Jackbr
30th Mar 2009, 07:03
I do know that a reasonable level of maths is recquired, but does Qantas have a specific maths test for it's crew? I assume it would be basic maths too

any help is appreciated :)

flitegirl
31st Mar 2009, 17:32
Nothing at all Jack
The only pre-employment "test" you do is the personality type ones.

Jackbr
3rd Apr 2009, 01:40
thanks very much!

calvin0349
7th Apr 2009, 01:55
Hey everyone. I was just wondering if anyone out there had any news on recruitment coming up. I applied last year and i still haven't heard anything. I hear that there may be a recruitment freeze at the moment.
Has anyone got any information for me?:)

mysza
7th Apr 2009, 10:11
got phone interview (Feb) and got invited to London- 6 March,
one week after the call got email that due to the situation all the interviews r cancelled and we r suppose to wait for more news
since Feb, nothing :(

Ladysensei
10th Apr 2009, 07:11
I attended an interview in Adelaide in Jan. Now waiting to hear back for a medical. I'll probably be waiting a long time =[ I wish someone had some news of any kind.
x

eff aye
10th Apr 2009, 08:24
Yea its annoying the recruiters wont keep us informed.. I know its a very uncertain time but it wouldnt kill them to send an email. And without the generic and vague FAQs about recruitment like the thanks for your patience one. For now i just want to know if im active hold or back to square one like with EK.
So someone?? anything? :ugh:

ANstar
14th Apr 2009, 02:07
They have just announced that they are reducing capacity by 5% (grounding 10 x 767/747) and deferring some A380 and 737 deliveries as well as cutting 1750 jobs - I can't see them recruiting in the near term.

Ladysensei
15th Apr 2009, 23:50
I recieved the "we'll update you in two weeks" email today. Thank God they're going to inform us on whats actually going to happen. Good or bad I'd just like to know.

camgreaves
16th Apr 2009, 01:10
I have heard through some close contacts that they won't be hiring anymore people till the mid of 2010 - start 2011

eff aye
17th Apr 2009, 06:28
Good or bad I'd just like to know.

Thanks ladysensei, thats exactly wat I said a few weeks back and you didnt think I understood the possible long wait to be expected :=, well I did. It can end two ways, active hold or thankyou for your time, effort and heartache but..... So i was stoked to get that email yesterday and at least be recognised. goodluck to us all. Waiting is hard but not knowing is harder

Ladysensei
17th Apr 2009, 08:03
Thanks for the info camgreaves. It's a bit devastating but I guess we can all re-apply again next year! Hahaha. Hopefully they'll change their minds and decide to have two more GS's before the year is out, but by the way everythings looking that seems unlikely. :ouch:

x

imastweardsothere
18th Apr 2009, 12:27
Any more news on London recruitment?

calvin0349
22nd Apr 2009, 04:05
Thanks for the info. How devastating :(
Fingers crossed. At least it's better to know than not to, huh?
Thanks again

madonnafan
4th May 2009, 14:16
I just received an email today saying that they have frozen recruitement and dont see anymore employment or ground schools in the foreseeable future.
The last I had heard was they had called my references. this global economical situation is the pits!!

ANstar
4th May 2009, 22:42
I have friends in the AKL base and they arebeing made to take compulsory annual leave - so I don't think there will be much recruitment if any whilst this is going on.

Brindabella24
12th Jan 2010, 11:46
I can't remember how it got to be that these people got my email - I think possibly through a job advertisement I answered on SEEK - but anyways, I got an email from a company called World Airline Recruiters who gave me a listing of who was hiring right now and while it listed some I knew of, like Jetstar Darwin long haul and Adelaide Qantaslink, it also said this:

Sydney and Perth bases operating their A380. Qantas hiring 2,000 cabin crew, long haul flying through QCCA .

It did say only 'accepting interest' but I was kind of surprised. Isn't Qantas not really in a great position right now, selling off partnerships and cutting back frequent flyer point life and what not? You'd think they'd be cutting staff rather than hiring 2000 more!

Or was this just a completely wrong email? I must admit I super excited when it said Qantas in Perth as that's where I'd love to work from.

skeeo
12th Jan 2010, 22:52
Find an agreement | Fair Work Australia (http://www.fwa.gov.au/index.cfm?pagename=agreementsfind)

"Qantas" as the search

Jackbr
25th Jan 2010, 12:05
with 2 years of high school left, I intend to make much use of these next years to build up the experience to join Qantas as a Flight Attendant. I have heard from crew working at the airlines that even though there are a fair few 19/20 year olds, most have had at least 12 months full time working experience prior to being accepted by Qantas

Would doing the 12 month David Jones traineeship be seen as good prior experience by the airline? It is in retail, but is based on customer service etc and involves both "classroom" and on the job training.

Would this be a good pathway to gaining the experience necessary to join Qantas, or would it be a better idea to just get a full time job in some other area?

Muizenberg
25th Jan 2010, 16:20
Awww...Jack sounds like me 20+ years ago.:ok:

Best advice is to get experience dealing with people...both customers and colleages. Be comfortable/confident with strangers and be able to feel at ease/conversing/interacting almost immediately. If you can't get a travel related job, retail is a fab start.

Start keeping a log of "situations", such as when you've dealt with a difficult customer, when you've had to provide excellent service (and what made it excellent), when you've had to work as a team member (and what your contribution was to the team), a situation where you've had to give feedback (and feedback to someone who was your supervisor), when have you had to deal with conflict (and how did you deal with it), when have you had to deal with someone from another culture/background. These are questions that many cabin crew selection days incorporate. Once you've got the job, try and keep a log of "situations" as they will come in handy when you go for promotion.

I starting flying 18 1/2 years ago, when I was 20 and It has been the most brilliant lifestyle and career choice. I've travelled the globe, meet the most interesting people, and along the way learned what's really important to me as a person.

I wish you all the best in getting into Qantas, but don't dismiss other airlines out there. Glad to see the enthusiasm for the job still exists.

flitegirl
25th Jan 2010, 21:46
Another good path to consider is Food and Beverage Service, for example in a 5 star hotel. Qantas looks favourably on candidates with these skills.

RoyBoy78
5th Feb 2010, 08:53
Hello fellow pruners,

Would anyone with some proper 'inside' word know when QF (whether International or Domestic) are looking at doing any recruitment campaigns in the next few months.

After reading several articles, they're looking pretty prosperous, and given Fair Work Aus knocked back the FAAA's requests for working hours etc, that that therefore QF can move forward knowing they're not going to be hammered with the extra labour costs - hence, recruit more??

Any information is good information...
:ok:

vbsydcc
6th Feb 2010, 06:36
Umm, RoyBoy78, have you seen any of the cabin crew award that has been passed by fair work australia?! The conditions are not in effect yet but if they do end up being the same or similar to the modern award, it will not be hard to get a job as cabin crew.

TeamJQboy
19th Feb 2010, 07:15
Hey guys, just curious to know if anyone happened to notice QCCA's recruitment portal showing 'Recruiting Now' anytime over the last few days??

Because I've had an application online/submitted with them for a while which I refreshed in November, and upon checking the 'My Applications' tab just now, I see the 'Applied' date as 12 Nov 2009 and then there is a 'Closed' date of 19 Feb 2010 - which is today! The status reads 'Applications Closed (1)'.

Is anyone aware of a recruitment window being open over the last few days for QCCA? Because I could've sworn I checked the site about a week ago and it said only 'Accepting Interest'.

In any case, the fact that I had my application fully completed and online from my last refresh in November would mean that if they have taken in applications then mine would be on file with them? :bored:

Oh, and just a question to those that have applied now or in the past... Is a photograph of yourself absolutely essential? On the 'Personal Details' page just about every detail has the red asterisk next to it as a required field, but where it asks you to upload a CV/resume and to upload a photo there is no asterisk. I have already uploaded the CV as I assume that would be a very good idea, but is the photo really required or would be preferred by them?

firyice
19th Feb 2010, 11:23
Hi TeamJQboy,

I thought i was going crazy when i noticed that too today. I reviewed and resubmitted my application just last week. I checked back in today and saw the same thing 'closed 19th Feb'. I don't know whether that's a good sign or a bad one. Based on what's been on the news lately, I would think that Qantas are slowing down any expanding which leads me to believe that maybe their recruitment is closed entirely for the time being.

Who knows!!!! :ugh:

GalleyHag
20th Feb 2010, 11:44
QCCA will be recruiting again soon, this was advised by a seinor cabin mamangement last week on crew voice.

QCCA only have around 60-70 crew left in mainline flying the rest are now on the A380. That operation is very understaffed at present and some QCCA crew will be leaving for the London base shortly leaving a further shortage therefore after many years of no recruitment it is fair to say recruitment will again open up shortly. Good Luck.

ilana182
20th Feb 2010, 23:47
I had intially had all my details registered with all the Qantas sites which I updated every few weeks. I saw the new website and new positions advertised on Friday and immediately applied, and I found that the questions they asked were slightly different to the former ones. So I don't know whether people who had applied a few months ago will still be on file. Fingers crossed though!

firyice
21st Feb 2010, 00:14
Love the name GalleyHag,

That is such good news! Did they happen to mention a time frame and for what bases they would require staff? Of course, as I'm sure many others are, the ultimate airline in Australia to work for would be QCCA. Many dreams began when they were really one of the few Australian airlines and I know I would be proud to represent them. Its all so exciting and to hear news of any recruitment within the company is a sign of positive and good times ahead. :D

ilana182
21st Feb 2010, 06:47
International was recruiting Sydney & Melbourne
Domestic was recruiting Perth
Qantaslink was recruiting everywhere

firyice
21st Feb 2010, 08:42
Hi ilana182,

What do you mean by was?? Is this a recent intake you're referring too? I am on the list for Qantas to receive any emails from them that inform me of any recruitment whether here or overseas bases. I hope i didn't miss it. Could you please be more specific.

ilana182
21st Feb 2010, 22:32
Well last week I checked their website like I do every week, and it's a whole new recruitment site. There were jobs in all the locations I listed above. I didn't mean to say "WAS" sorry. Just meant like, when I checked it. I have applied for my preferred based, and received an email to say my applications had been received. Good luck!

CruisyCabinChick
26th Feb 2010, 19:14
Please forgive me if it's already been asked. I'm new here, but have scrolled through and haven't found any potential anwsers to my question/s.
I applied/registered my interest for one of the bases on their new career website.
Do you know if you have to go in again and apply once (possibly) they are actually recruiting?
And, who you know from your Galley ear whether they will be recruiting evenly between Melbourne and Sydney - ie. would it be better to perhaps apply for one over the other if it mean getting in.
Any info would be grand.
Please feel free to send me a personal message.

CCC :)

missym
26th Feb 2010, 21:57
"QCCA will be recruiting again soon, this was advised by a seinor cabin mamangement last week on crew voice."

GALLEYHAG.... There has been a lot of talk about QCCA recruiting soon. Any idea about when this will actually be? Soon as in a month or or as in six months?

How many new crew do you think they will be hiring and is there any talk about ground schools being planned soon?

Thanks xx

flyergirl
28th Feb 2010, 02:36
That's not exactly what they said. To clarify, as well as approx 70 in Sydney, there are also aprox 150 QCCA still in Melbourne(yes it exists!), and the priority is to 'right size'(not my words) the Perth base first, so any direct recruitment would probably (and don't quote me!) be Perth base QD first before any QCCA to go on A380. Of course anything could happen! I wish eveyone luck in their endeavours.:ok:

CruisyCabinChick
28th Feb 2010, 05:25
Hi Flyergirl,
Thank you for a bit of a heads-up. I also put an application in for the PER QD base.
I'm more than travel West - I live in Geelong, so I'm hardly get home sick.
Do you know if any of the current PER QD Crew do any/many overnights, and do they do any SE Asia trips eg. PER-SIN, PER-HKG???

Thank you nonetheless ;)

flitegirl
1st Mar 2010, 01:03
I flew with a QD flight attendant the other day and she said she had 6 overnights this month, but she had been away a few more nights in previous month.

There is no international flying in short haul at the moment (aside from SYD/CGK for March) because there is an imbalance of crew between Long Haul and Short Haul. This probably wont change for a while because the domestic network is getting busier from April and they will need the crew to be operating these routes. Meanwhile Long Haul crew are operating SYD/MEL/PER on the A330 to better utilise the LH crew resources

I couldn't find a specific Qantas Domestic thread but this may be of interest to some anyway.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

FAAA Qantas News
BASE TRANSFERS - INCREASED FLYING

QANTAS DOMESTIC RECRUITMENT

As members are aware, Clause 83 of your Enterprise Agreement provides for further discussion on a number of issues including base transfers. In particular, how voluntary transfers will be actioned into the future.

On 22 February 2010 the Association met with the Company for further discussions on this point and the delayed base transfers from Perth to the East Coast.

On the general issue of base transfers the Association will continue on the basis all parties believe the transfer system needs to provide more certainty as to what triggers movement and whether a system can be developed that provides more certainty around transfers in the future.

The Company also advised/confirmed the following important initiatives:
· There will be a significant increase in the amount of flying for Short Haul. To commence within the next few months. The increase in flying is anticipated to be ongoing.
· As a consequence of the increase in flying there will be recruitment by Qantas Domestic. Recruitment by Qantas Domestic will be into the base of Perth and there maybe Qantas Domestic recruitment for the East Coast. Should this occur it will include opportunities for MAM as part of Qantas Domestic “start up” on the East Coast as was the case in Perth.
· There will be further movement of Cairns base crew to other bases. This will also include the relocation of some flying to other East Coast bases for what the company argues will be more efficient for rostering purposes.

In response to the above points the Association has asked the Company to consider facilitating some base transfers prior to finalising the numbers that will be recruited by Qantas Domestic. Specifically the number of QD necessary base by base.

The meeting concluded with the Company to provide the Association with a timeline and numbers for the above initiatives within the next week. In addition and separate to these considerations the Company has agreed to transfer four (4) Flight Attendants and two (2) Customer Service Managers to transfers from Perth. Further Peth transfers will of course be considered along with other base transfers arising from recruitment into Qantas Domestic.

Delphic
1st Mar 2010, 07:58
Thank you for posting that. I have been on the shortlist for mainline for over a year now; it's interesting to read the process.

There was a thread for Qantas Domestic, possibly on the last page if you want to re-post this letter in that thread.

CruisyCabinChick
1st Mar 2010, 08:30
Thank you kindly for the info. Sounds really good.
Re o/n's, I checked the schedule ex-PER, could I assume the PER QD CC overnight in CNS, BNE, SYD??? Further, as there are some domestic flights on the 74, would that mean the PER Crew are endorsed on the B73, B76 and B74 to cover all types of flight pairings.

Appreciate you may not wish to divulge, I'm just curious coz I'm very much a Boeing kinda girl :)

CCC

p.s. Pl feel free to PM me

RaverFlaver
1st Mar 2010, 11:45
Hello CruisyCabinChick,

Shorthaul crew are endorsed on B737, B767 and A330.

Perth base crew overnight in ADL, BNE, CBR, CNS, DRW, HBA, MEL, SYD, TSV.

Hope that helps.

Raverflaver :)

wigglewash
1st Mar 2010, 19:32
''Further Peth transfers will of course be considered along with other base transfers arising from recruitment into Qantas Domestic.''

does that mean qcca can transfer to qantas domestic???

RaverFlaver
1st Mar 2010, 20:47
I believe they are referring to base transfers between other bases. Not divisional transfers as you may have thought.

Raverflaver :)

flitegirl
1st Mar 2010, 21:13
CCC,

747s are only operated by Long Haul, QCCA, LHR based and AKL based crews.

Grove
1st Mar 2010, 22:02
Is it possible for Q.C.C.A to transfer to Q.C.C.D ??? I wasnt aware that it was ever an option!!! Just curious..

bbear75
2nd Mar 2010, 04:22
They offered the option about a year ago for Syd/Mal based QCCA to transfer to Perth QD. A girl I flew with took this option, so I don't see why it's not possible this year. She said that very few crew were transferring with her.

Brindabella24
2nd Mar 2010, 09:13
I got invited today to the Perth RD, just as I am about to sign on the dotted line with another airline. But Qantas is my ultimate dream and now I am SO torn! I'm going to go to the RD no matter what, but ahhh frustration! Timing is everything in this game!

flyingfoxy
11th Mar 2010, 11:44
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything after applying through the new website for QCCA SYD/MEL. I received an email acknowledging my registration of interest - but nothing since then.

Anyone have any inside knowledge/idea of when QCCA recruitment (specifically in MEL) might be commecing?

Thanks in advance.

dyal1
20th Apr 2010, 02:55
hi there

does anyone know when qcca will commence recruitment for sydney and melbourne base?

thanks in advance

GENKI
20th Apr 2010, 05:07
There is still a surplus of International Crew at Qantas because of the economic downturn. There is likely to be a redundancy of International crew before there will be any recruitment in my opinion

TeamJQboy
13th May 2010, 10:22
Just a heads up for all hopefuls; I received an email today from QCCA regarding recruitment for Sydney base and have scheduled an appointment in Sydney for May 20th. :)

I'm from/live in Melbourne though, and applied for both Melbourne and Sydney bases because I am ultimately prepared to move to Sydney if it were for a job with Qantas. I'm just wondering though, if I have selected and confirmed an interview for the Sydney recruitment, whether I have therefore dashed my chances of being considered for Melbourne interviews if they come up in the next few days?

When I was emailed about Sydney interviews for Qantas Domestic, I was a bit slow in confirming a date/time and missed out completely on selecting an appointment, and then didn't even receive a look-in for the Melbourne interviews! So I'm assuming the applications for both bases must be tied in together somehow. :confused:

CruisyCabinChick
13th May 2010, 10:37
With the 6 month embargo placed on potential crew(aka unsuccessful with QDomestic). Does that make it impossible to apply to QCCA? Ie. does the 6 month wait/applications apply to only QDomestic, or are you eligble to apply for QCCA??

CCC:ok:

T.C.M
14th May 2010, 05:37
Wannabe's...

QCCA recruitment has started!!!!! Recruitment Days are planned for the end of this month.. A total of 600 crew needed, 200 per new aircraft (a380) which will start rolling out online toward the end of this year.

TeamJQboy... Typically speaking they will recruit locally for the bases..ie for Sydney Base, the recruitment days will be held in Sydney and for Melbourne Base, in Melbourne. (or at least this was how it was done in 2008) When you filled out your application form, you would've selected the base you would like in order of preference. If you selected Melbourne and have been offered a recruitment day in Sydney, there must be no scope for recruitment in Melbourne at the current time. If successful, never rule out the possibility of commencing in the Sydney Base and at a later date transferring to the Melbourne Base if the opportunity arises.

CruisyCabinChick.. Good Question!!! Both companies are seperate subsidiaries of Qantas Airways LTD, so I believe you can still apply. However, just check the website for FAQ's as the embargo may be placed on all cabin crew positions with the QF group (although I highly doubt it)

Grove.

Over the past 6 months a number of QCCA crew have expressed their interest in either transferring permanently or temporarily to QCD.

Almost 3 weeks ago, an email was sent out to those crew advising there are a limited number of positions for QCCA's at QCD. Those interested were asked to express their interest and positions will be allocated in order of those that wish to; go to the Perth base either permanently or temporarily for 2 years, those that want a permanent position in either Sydney or Melbourne and then finally, to those that wish to take 2 years LWOP from their current position to operate from either the Sydney or Melbourne base..

Those that wish to take 2 years LWOP will be issued a new staff number and will have their staff travel frozen for 2 years meaning to get J class travel will take 9 years instead of 7...Those going permanently will be provided with a new staff number, however years of service will be recognised for Long Service Leave purposes.

T.C.M:ok:

CruisyCabinChick
14th May 2010, 12:14
Thank you TCM for the heads-up.

To all that apply (and are successful). Good work. Flew (as a pax) on the A380 last month and it is a damn HOT ship :)

skylarker
14th May 2010, 12:35
No external recruitmeant atm..all applicants that have been on hold from last intake will be contacted and for sydney only. Training will start as early as June :D

GalleyHag
15th May 2010, 07:21
That is incorrect external recruitment is happening and interviews are being held towards the end of May. I have a friend who was contacted yesterday and he has only recently applied to QCCA.

Also everyone there is also no such company called QCD or QCCD it is QD (Qantas Domestic) and QCCA

Brindabella24
15th May 2010, 08:25
So what does QCCA stand for then? Qantas Cabin Crew Australia?

CruisyCabinChick
16th May 2010, 02:11
Stands for "QF Cabin Crew Australia Pty Ltd"
Check out their website...

Also, would any current QCCA Crew know of what overnight ports crew stay? LA, SFC?....And roughly how many per month?

Thank you :)

Snuffles
16th May 2010, 03:56
Hi!

It depends if you are in 747 or A380 world. On the A380 you fly to Singapore and LA, and do around 7 to 8 trips over the 2 month roster period. On average the Singapore trip is 3 days away and LA is 4 days.

Those who fly on the 747 and other long haul aircraft fly everywhere on the Qantas international network. Some of the trips are much longer than on the A380.

:)

T.C.M
16th May 2010, 07:36
Galley Hag.. Thanks for the heads up, although I'm sure most knew what I was referring to. :O

CCC... For the month of May, I have 15 nights away from home. QCCA crew operating on the a380 only travel to Los Angeles and Singapore at the moment however, when Qantas receive more aircraft, the variety of destinations will increase. QCCA crew still operating on the 747/767/a330 aircraft travel to all destinations those aircraft service including; LAX, LHR, SFO (although this route is currently operated by jetconnect crew), JNB, SIN, AKL, HKG, NRT, BOM and the list goes on. Note though; all crew employed by QCCA that commenced or will commence flying on the 744/767/a330 can at anytime be transferred permanently to operate the a380 aircraft. (as per EBA 8, part 2):ok:

CruisyCabinChick
16th May 2010, 11:54
Thanking you TCM and Snuffles for the info.
Certainly is what wannabee cabin crew are after.
747 is old, but still very cool. A380 is equally cool.

I did a youtube search on QCCA/QF Cabin Crew and got a vid of crew walking through SanFran Airport - they all looked the same lol :ok:

Jackbr
17th May 2010, 07:57
are the UK crew trained to operate the A380? I thought they only operate the 744 to BKK and HKG

EJD
17th May 2010, 12:25
I received an email today about an assessment day this Saturday in Sydney. I am soooooo excited.

Does anyone have any hot tips that could be use full? :ok:

T.C.M
17th May 2010, 12:26
Jack Brownbill..

The London Base Crew are currently endorsed on the a380 and the 744. Currently the London base crew a380/744 flights to Singapore and 744 flights to Hong Kong.

T.C.M
17th May 2010, 12:48
EJD..

congratulations!

Present yourself professionally! Grooming is everything! Tie included for males!
Be organised; have all your documents inside a neat and tidy document holder ready for recruitment officers when they require them.
Don't take charge, listen, offer suggestions and listen carefully to task instructions in group activities.
Be yourself, be polite( I.e after using materials during group activities, assistthe recruitment officer in cleaning up, offer water to others before pouring your own, always address your recruiting officers by name, using eye contact and
Smile.

In the role play, remain calm, assess the situation and offer any services you would expect to be offered if you were the customer in the situation.

If you make it through to the panels provide brief, consise answers explaining what you did, how you did it, why you did it, the outcome and what you thought of it.

enjoy the day, be happy, smile and just proove to them why you deserve the job.

EJD
17th May 2010, 13:11
Thanks heaps TCM!

I really appreciate your help! When you are nervous you can forget the most simple things!

:)

T.C.M
17th May 2010, 23:46
EJD...

Don't worry, they allow for nerves on the day. They aren't out to make the day difficult for you, they are just assessing the best for the role. you never know what they are looking for on the day, so be just be yourself and you never know. I got knocked back for 7 different roles before landing qcca - so practice with the recruitments days and interviews is most definately the key!

Goodluck!

T.C.M :ok:

cody24
18th May 2010, 00:55
Hey,
I went to QCCA Syd Panel Interview yesterday. They didn't make me do an assessment day due to me already having flying experience. Hopefully I will hear something soon. Good luck to everyone :)

EJD
18th May 2010, 13:15
ok so I've been told a bit about assessment day, but not a whole lot.

From what I've been told, the morning is full of formalities and the afternoon is all the group activities.

Are the panel interviews on a seperate day? Or the same day if you make it through?

Also what likely questions should I prepare for? How much knowledge should i have about the company/ aircraft?! Soooooo much to prepare in such a short time!!

Thank you so much TCM for all your help, much appreciated! ;)

dyal1
18th May 2010, 15:25
Hi there

Its great to hear qcca have started recruiting again and good luck to everyone attending assessment days in Sydney.

Does anyone know when recruitment will start for Melbourne base??

Thanks in advance

T.C.M
19th May 2010, 01:19
Hi EJD..

If the recruitment process is similar to what occurred in 2008 the recruitment day will comprise of:

Morning:
Registration - Handing over of documents to the recruiting staff.
Introduction - Introducing yourself to fellow candidates and recruiting officer at your table.
Group Assessment. - 1 or 2 group activities lasting about 20 minutes each.
Role Play. - 2 on 1 Role Play. You will be given the scenario and then given 5 minutes to prepare yourself. The role play itself lasts approximately 5 minutes. (use the 5 minutes to prepare thoroughly, they will look at your paper to see if you have prepared and also think outside the square when offering solutions)
Photo's. - Full Length photo taken to accompany the application
LUNCH

Afternoon:

If deemed competent in the morning session, you will be invited back via a text message. The afternoon session will comprise of, completing Security Documentation and a 2 on 1 Panel Interview. The interview consists of about 5-7 Questions and lasts about 30-40minutes.

Questions could include:

-Customer Service (problem customer, a time you have excelled, gone above and beyond, recognising regular customers)
-Teamwork
-Conflict Resolution
-Time Management (meeting deadlines)
-Safety
-Company Protocol (in particular a time you have gone against it)

Know as much as you can about Qantas and the role you are applying for..it is important and although you may not use all of the information it will show your keen and you mean business - they love that! and remember you can be knowledgeable but you don't want to come across as you know everything..you need to remain polite, friendly, happy(everything it is expected a cabin crew member will be) and also convey your willingness to learn!!!!

dyal1..

No idea when recruiting will take place for Melbourne, Just submit your application and check it regularly.. It's not a matter of will it's just when..

Goodluck

T.C.M :ok:

mattandy
19th May 2010, 14:44
Hi Guys

I have a panel interview coming up and very excited about this opportunity. I'm already flying long haul so assume thats why I dont have to do an assessment day?

Has anyone just done the panel interview? What was it like? What should I expect? There was also mention of a candiate day if progressed from the panel interview. Does anyone have any info on that?

Any feedback would be great!

Thanks everyone :)

tinkerbell200
20th May 2010, 06:45
Hey Guys,

received email for Sydney panel interview, but no available dates to choose from...

anyone else in the same situation? :confused:

thanks

cody24
20th May 2010, 08:01
Has anyone else already been to the panel interview??

HOPE141
20th May 2010, 10:12
Hey Cody yes i have already attended the panel interview went well
have you heard anything yet??
I was wondering if anybody had any ideas what the average pay per fortnight ?? pm me.

cody24
20th May 2010, 10:45
Hey yeah just got the email inviting me to management meet and greet. EXCITING!! Good luck x

T.C.M
20th May 2010, 10:57
Hope141...

qcca pay is as follows..

$1189 p.f clear.. No flying
$2.82 paid per block hour (around 210-220 block hours per roster)
$235us allowance on arrival in la..(a380 4 day trip)
$249sgd allowance on arrival in sin (a380 3 day trip)
ot paid at double time after 12 hours
double time and a half after 14hours.

Max fortnightly payment is approx $1650 + allowances. (this figure is clear into bank account including 2 x LA overtime and block hour payment.

One LA per fortnight will have you see approx $1450 + allowances.

Singapore trips carry no overtime.

HOPE141
20th May 2010, 11:14
See you then Cody I just got the message from Qantas
Im excited but what does this meet and greet entail ??
there hasnt been too much information supplied

cody24
20th May 2010, 19:12
[Text speak]

ozflyer26
21st May 2010, 01:04
So for those who have gone through already is it true that those who have flying experience go straight to the panel interview and skip the assessment part of the day??

tinkerbell200
21st May 2010, 04:53
seems to be the case - I'm a casual with Jetstar and have asked to attend panel interview, no ASSESSMENT DAY...maybe due to having already been through a assessement day with Jetstar we don't have to go through the culling again.:O

cody24
21st May 2010, 23:56
Any luck yet Tinkerbell? x

tinkerbell200
22nd May 2010, 00:23
Hey Cody,

was just checking, still says pending....just have to keep checking...

Realistically I don't think I have much of a chance with QCCA i've only been flying with JQ for 3 months, how long have you been flying?

good luck with your meet and greet.:ok:

are you having to fly back and forth for these interviews?

cody24
22nd May 2010, 00:30
Cool. I have been flying for over a year now full time, I don't think you are disadvantaged... if you are right for the job they will see that. Lots of people get in with no experience at all ! :) My friend got turned down for Jetstar, Pac Blue, but was accepted for Air NZ... go figure!
Nah I was going on holiday to Hawaii via SYD and it just happens that it works in really well with my flights that I can be there. Keep me posted ;)

tinkerbell200
22nd May 2010, 01:03
thanks - I'll stay positive and when I finally get a date i'll give it my best shot. I'm really enjoying flying, I'm getting 10-15 flying days a month but I want to do it full time.

will keep you posted.:)

mattandy
23rd May 2010, 04:47
Can anyone tell me what a typical 8 week QCCA flying roster is like?

T.C.M
24th May 2010, 04:27
mattandy..

With the Introduction of a new system which builds rosters for Qantas Flight Attendants, Crew operating on the a380 receive a very 'fair share' roster.

A typical Roster could include 20-25 nights away from home(out of 56)..made up of generally 4 Singapores and 4 LA's. You may also have training days built into the roster for example recurrent training days.

Things do vary though in aviation and are subject to change at any time. Trips are shortened, extended even cancelled in some circumstances..so you just never know what your roster may comprise of!

Muizenberg
24th May 2010, 05:30
Hi all,

I recently made it to the meet and greet stage for Qantas Domestic; and subsequently was unsuccessful.

I applied to QCCA earlier in the year, in fact before QD. Is recruitment run completely independently, or do I have to wait 6 months to re-apply to the QANTAS group (i.e. QCCA, QD, or QF Link) from the date of my rejection e-mail?

Many thanks for any responses in advance.

p.s. Best of luck to all you that have made it to the QCCA meet and greet event.

T.C.M
24th May 2010, 09:47
Muizenberg..

Although Qantaslink, QD, QCCA are all wholly owded subsidiaries of Qantas Airways LTD...they are independently managed therefore making you eligible to apply for QD and Qantaslink.

cody24
24th May 2010, 23:59
Is anyone going to a Candidate Event/Info Session other than the one that was on Monday? Or was that the only one?

Muizenberg
25th May 2010, 11:23
TCM,

I'll wait and see if QCCA contact me...not holding my breath!

Maybe I'm a liability as I've already flown for 18+ years...much of it for a company that's currently in a serious industrial relations crisis :-(

Unfortunately I still love the job, the role, the teamwork, and everything that goes with being Cabin Crew.

Thanks for all your posts and the encouragment you offer to all.

You are a STAR!

Lewis AAC
26th May 2010, 10:27
If you recieve an SMS after panel, is that a NO? and an email is invitation to Candidate event?
I got an SMS saying thank you for attending, we will be in touch.

Vspecial1
26th May 2010, 11:02
Hi,

I have been in vited to the assesment day on the June 3rd. Is there anyone else that is attending this day?

Thank you in advance for any info anyone could give me on the assesment day.

Warmest regards

Vspecial1 x

GENKI
26th May 2010, 12:19
to be selected is not about ticking boxes and you are in. In the current recruitment drive there are a certain number of vacancies that need to be filled. When they run a recruitment day if 90 people apply there may be 60-70 who fit the bill yet there may only be 30 positions. Everyone is scored and ranked and the top 30 candidates get through.

On another day some of the 60 that may miss out may have been in the top 30.... it happens with internal promotions at Qantas for cabin supervisor and Cabin Manager positions.... the number of applicants will always exceed the number of vacancies. Yet some have to apply several times before being successful.

Its all about the "score" on the day and how you stack up against the other applicants.... dont be too disheartened...try to work out where you have a skills gap that needs closing and prepare again. In my case it took me several attempts to get in, and i couldnt think of why i didnt get it the first time because i dont think i ever did anything different.

despite all the changes and cost cutting it's still the best job in the world :) so dont give up

LEE 86
27th May 2010, 05:39
Hi,

I was wondering if any might know what comes next?

I had my QCCA interviews last friday and made it through to panel later that afternoon.
I was lucky to receive a text the next day to attend the Candidate event on Monday just been!
Does anyone know what comes next?

And for everyone who has not heard from QANTAS to attend an interview!!!
They will be recruiting for the rest of the year. So keep trying. And to let everyone know QCCA is not just hiring for A380 group, there also doing the 747, 767 and A330 International group.

They said people with Flying experience will go straight to A380 and people without flying experience will start on the 747, 767 and A330.

Just thought I would keep everyone in the know

Vspecial1
27th May 2010, 09:51
Hey,
Firstly...
Well done to you!! You must be feeling great?
I don't have any answers to your questions.. Sorry :(
I'm going to the assesment day on June 3rd this Thursday coming.. Very excited!! is the assesment day fun? Are you a first timer?

Sorry for bombardment of questions..

Any advice you may have would be greatly appreciated

Cheers :p

cody24
27th May 2010, 10:18
Hey Lee,

I was there with you on Monday too. One of my references has been called, but haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully soon!

Cody

LEE 86
28th May 2010, 01:29
Hi,
The best advice I can give you is to be yourself and don't be bossy in the group activities. They are looking for people that can work in a team, Take some control but also listen to others and try to give everyone a go at sharing their ideas.

That is the best advice I can give you. And to answer your Question: Am I a first time flyer, No I have flown for 3 years full time. But this is my first time Qantas International Recruitment process.

Hope that helps.

Courtney0608
28th May 2010, 01:36
I applied on wednesday night - I see some people have already been invited to AD and interviews, Does anyone know if my application will be too late for this round?

I hope it's true that people with flying experience go onto the A380... exciting!! :) Fingers crossed.

MzCookie
28th May 2010, 03:11
Just thought I'd let you guys know that I applied online last week Friday and received an email saying they will not be processing my application any further.

I found this a bit odd but what can you do.I'm not too keen on Qantas anyway but thought I'd just apply. I'm not quite sure what they are after at the moment?

Courtney0608
28th May 2010, 03:39
mzcookie im sorry to hear that!
Did you receive that straight away?
Dont give up, other airlines to try!
Also, do you have flying exp?

MzCookie
28th May 2010, 08:29
Courtney,

Yes I applied 1 week ago online through the Qantas website and received the email today. They did mention that they have had a large quantity of applicants so that could be why.

No I don't have flying experience as cabin crew, only as a passenger :p

Yeah I am trying other airlines, I originally only applied with Emirates but was unsuccessful after my Final Interview mostly likely due to being quite late for it :ugh:, long story behind that too!

It just seems a bit difficult at the moment. I'll most likely concentrate on studying a bit longer then reapply next year or after.

ozflyer26
29th May 2010, 00:50
Ok, so i have done the panel interview and attended the meet and greet on monday and was just wondering if anyone else is in my boat and have had further contact or have heard their references contacted??

Hope your all well and good luck to everyone whatever stage you are all up to :-)

LEE 86
29th May 2010, 04:08
Hey T.C.M,

I made it all the way through to the Candidate event last monday, I'm now at the stage where they check my references. I was wondering if you might know what the chances are to be successful from this stage? I understand they can say no whenever they want.

Just thought you might know since you work for QCCA!

P.S: Just to let you know they no longer do the roll play in the recruitment process.

T.C.M
29th May 2010, 09:37
Lee 86,

Yes, I have noticed their has been a change in their recruitment process. Candidate event's are a new addition to their process, these were not part of the 2008 recruitment process.

Anyway..

In answer to your question..you have done very well to get this far and should be happy with yourself. It's impossible to say, your chances are 50/50. I know that's not any help but if they wish to progress your application further, your references will be checked and you will be invited to a medical. (as I'm sure your aware) From there, your application is presented to a panel and they will have the final say. I have heard of people completing medical checks and and being knocked out after the assessment of their application.... so you just never never know.

I understand this time is horrible, so I hope for your sake you find out either way very soon.

Goodluck.

MELBRO
29th May 2010, 19:58
Hi Guys i have my panel interview on Tuesday 2 June, just wondering could someone give me a heads up on what type of questions to expect.

Thanks MELBRO

dyal1
30th May 2010, 03:47
hey melbro,

just wondering whether your interview is in melbourne or sydney? Have they started recruiting for melbourne base yet?

Thanks

T.C.M
31st May 2010, 07:05
MELBRO..

expect behavioural type questions.. (tell me about a time when)

things like

Customer Service(a time when you delivered exceptional service or gone above and beyond or even recovered a customer)

Safety (a time you reported something hazardous or saw something that was unsafe..what did you do?)

Teamwork (working within a team or even had a difficult team member to deal with)

Conflict Resolution

Company Protocol (a time you've gone against it)

why you want the job? what you know about qcca? what sets your application above the rest of the field?

hope that helps.

ae_1837
31st May 2010, 10:48
Has anyone get any information after candidate event on 24 May 2010 ?

LEE 86
31st May 2010, 12:51
Hi ae_1837,

I was there as well on monday for the Candidate event, and iv also heard nothing! CODY24 has but he works for the qantas group, I'm assuming they will try and look after their own before they checks external applicants references. ( I hope anyway)

They did say that it could take 3-4 week to contact us and it's only been a week, so fingers crossed it doesn't take that long.

Which recruitment day did you attend? I was at the Friday interviews.

Let me know if you hear anything!

cc_skyqueen
1st Jun 2010, 05:18
Hi Guys,

First of all - good luck to everyone who have had/waiting on interview days!

I have just been invited to the panel interview and have just a question-
1. Are Qantas strict with age? I am 20 and already fly.. but seem to notice most Qantas crew seem to be more mature/experienced crew.

Also - If anyone has any other advice which may help me.. will be very thankful!

ozflyer26
1st Jun 2010, 05:19
ae_1837, Lee...

Hey i was there on the meet and greet monday night and have not been contacted either, some people have been asked through to the medical stage and i heard from someone else that it is done alphbetically... Who knows.. Like you said they did say 4 weeks and it has only been a week. Good luck :)

cody24
1st Jun 2010, 08:15
I was at Candidate day and had my refs called and everything. Got rejection email tonight. Bugger!

cc_skyqueen
1st Jun 2010, 09:02
Im sorry to hear that Cody... keep on trying!!

Strange that they would check your refs, then say no :confused:

nancyluo
1st Jun 2010, 12:45
hello everyone
I am chinese and came to Australia in 2006,cc is my dream job,but my English is very limited,so i need to learn english first.but whatever,i will not give up my dream,every day,i stay at home to learn english,and i give 3years to myself,after 3years,if i can't get a job as a cabin crew,may be i will change .but now,i will try my best even i know i am poor of english.hope every one can get a job as a cc.

gj_1983
2nd Jun 2010, 04:56
Hello there...

Out of curiosity, can someone shed some light on the wages and entitlements for long haul flightys? I've read back through this thread and saw peoples perception of the amount being low.

Thanks in advance!

;)

GalleyHag
2nd Jun 2010, 05:08
Go to http://ca.workplaceauthority.gov.au/docs/CAs/CAUN084247789.pdf

This is the current EBA. QCCA crew work under Part 2

tinkerbell200
3rd Jun 2010, 07:58
Hi all,

Had panel interview today, just received email invite to attend info session tomorrow :)- anyone else going?

Good luck to all going to interviews

Tinkerbell200:ok:

LEE 86
3rd Jun 2010, 11:45
ae_1837, ozflyer26,

Has anyone heard anything from our info session on Monday?

ae_1837
3rd Jun 2010, 12:11
Hi all
My referee had been called last wednesday .
But i got a unsuccessful email on Tuesday .
Confuse ..
Anyway. try again in 6 month time

LEE 86
3rd Jun 2010, 13:29
Just a quick Q: To everyone who attended the interviews today, did they say how many people they wanted to hire? Did they give you a number they wanted?
At my interviews 2 weeks ago they said they were after 48 people?
Did they tell you the same number?

GalleyHag
3rd Jun 2010, 13:41
This is from the FAAA today it might give you a bit of an idea of numbers. Bid Period 273 commences 27 September, 2010.

REDEPLOYMENT AND RECRUITMENT OF QCCA TO A380 (QAL and QCCA)

With the current planned arrival of another 4 x A380 by March 2011, there will be additional requirements for crew to operate on the A380. The Company has advised that by BP273 all QCCA crew in the BFA and FA categories in both Melbourne and Sydney will be transferred to the A380 to meet this crewing requirement. Furthermore, there have been a number of QCCA crew accepting opportunities with QCCUK and QCCD. Therefore, there will be recruitment of up to 3 classes of QCCA crew to back fill these transfers. It is envisaged these new recruits will eventually be transferred to the A380 by BP273.

LEE 86
4th Jun 2010, 00:34
At the interviews they did say they were going to have 4 ground schools, the first one starting at the end of this month and the other 3 somewhere in june , july and August.
And there will be 16 in each groundschool, so they are after 64 crew in total.

ozflyer26
6th Jun 2010, 23:52
hey lee 86

i remember them saying those numbers at the assessment day, still haven't heard a word from them, no email, phone call nothing.. My ref's haven't contacted me saying that QF has contacted them.. So unsure on where my application is up too...

I have seen on the wall that some people who were in our meet and greet have already had to email saying they were unsuccessful.

Have you heard anything??

LEE 86
7th Jun 2010, 01:27
Hey,
No I haven't heard anything yet, but it is only the start of the 3rd week. We still have 2 more weeks, so finger crossed. lol
What day did you do your interview? Friday/Saturday

TO EVERYONE!

Has anyone else heard anything from their interviews?

skylarker
7th Jun 2010, 04:29
Has anyone who couldn't attend the information seminar last week had a phone hook up instead with QCCA management?
If so how did you find it?

aircat29
7th Jun 2010, 09:59
Hi guys, any idea when there will be a recruitment done in Melbourne?

LEE 86
11th Jun 2010, 05:11
Has anyone heard anything from QCCA?
This site has gone a bit quiet.

LEE:ok:

skylarker
11th Jun 2010, 05:14
I guess after the info seminars everyone is sitting tight and awaiting an answer.
Will pro be quiet for another week or two.:ok:

LEE 86
11th Jun 2010, 05:22
Yeah I know it sucks, but i hope it doesn't take them to much longer, its already been 3weeks. They have to much power. lol :)

Vspecial1
11th Jun 2010, 07:57
Hi There,
I know of 3 people that went to the meet and gret Friday 4th June and all of them had their references called on tuesday 8th June.. Not sure if this info helps at all?

Warmest Regards

VSpecial1 :rolleyes:

ozflyer26
11th Jun 2010, 11:33
yeah it is strange some people who attended later have had their refs called, i attended on the 24th of may and havnt heard a word.. I know people who were in that assessment have had their apps taken to the medical stage while others have recieved the rejection email...

LEE 86
11th Jun 2010, 13:05
hey Oz,

Next week is week 4 for us, so hopefully QF is still intending on only taking 4 weeks to contact us. lol. :)

Well, I hope so anyway.

Let me know if you hear anything!

bt89
14th Jun 2010, 06:21
Hi there, Does any body know when they will be recruiting next. i have expressed my interests like 100 times but still have herd nothing back...
Also does any body know about jetconnect Qantas NZ Auckland - if you have expressed your interests have you herd back for an interview?

Vspecial1
16th Jun 2010, 09:53
Hey Guys,

Anyone else had medical and security email yesterday from june 4th Assessment day?

Please PM me

Kindest Regards

VSpecial1

:D

firyice
16th Jun 2010, 11:06
Great to hear such positive and quick movement for SYD base.

Has anyone had any feedback for MEL base regarding interviews or anything? We always seem to be the last. I'm perfecting the art of patience......occasionally.

LEE 86
17th Jun 2010, 01:46
Hey,
Did they check your Refs? Or did you just go straight to medical?

I use to fly for Jetstar. but I left them 1 year ago.

ozflyer26
17th Jun 2010, 07:41
[Text speak]

Read the first sticky thread at the top of this forum.

LEE 86
18th Jun 2010, 00:48
I know I am going to sound stupid, but what is "TEXT SPEAK"?? And read the first sticky??

cody24
18th Jun 2010, 11:19
Hey Lee. Heard anything yet? x
My colleague was successful, she has been emailed Medical transferral info early this week. She was told they want 16 experienced crew for the A380, and 32 unexperienced crew for the wide body fleet.

LEE 86
18th Jun 2010, 13:11
Hey cody,

No I haven't heard anything yet. Only 16 for the 380! I wonder if the will take people with experience for the wide body fleet. I hope so!

It's almost the end of the 4th week. I hope they contact me soon before they fill up all their spots.

I was thinking of maybe emailing them next week! Not sure though!

skylarker
18th Jun 2010, 15:16
Cody

What do you mean by successful as no one has been given the job as yet.
You mean she has just been asked to attend a medical?

cody24
18th Jun 2010, 23:27
Lee when I had a query I just called the recruitment team, they were really nice. Skylarker, the person currently works within the Qantas group and has been asked to transfer her medical across to QCCA.

skylarker
19th Jun 2010, 01:53
Cody

Oh ok I see.

Medicals are one thing and is only another step in the process.
Once all medicals and security have been recieved then QCCA will decide on the final numbers.
I think all will hear sometime this week.
Good luck all :)

TeamJQboy
19th Jun 2010, 03:36
Cody24, I was also sent an email for medical and security clearance (on Tues 15th) and I emailed them right away to get clarification on whether I needed to go through the entire process with a full medical and paying the $170 for security checks, because like your colleague I also currently work within the Qantas Group.

I haven't received any email response yet, and tried calling the recruitment team twice yesterday with no answer. I guess they were just out of the office. Will be trying again first thing on Monday.

I remember them telling us QF Group employees at the candidate event that we don't need to complete the whole med/security process, and assumed there'd just be some transfer of details?

So hopefully this is the case, otherwise I'm wasting time that I could otherwise be booking in an appointment and sending off forms. :confused:

bt89
19th Jun 2010, 10:35
does any body know if qcca is recruiting again in the next month or is that it for the year?

P's cousin
20th Jun 2010, 05:29
Hi guys and girls

Can I ask you a stupid question..... I have applied for a CC position in QF before, through MAM, but that was a few years ago and I need an update.... Has MAM become QCCA or are they two separate organisations??? TIA.

LEE 86
20th Jun 2010, 08:46
Hey Cody,

Did your colleague get told when they are planning to start the first ground school?

I remember them saying the end of June, but no one has received a successful phone call about start dates.

A friend of mine who works for JQ and he transferred his medical papers 4 weeks ago, and still has not heard from them.

I wonder how they do things!

cody24
20th Jun 2010, 09:36
No idea... sounds a bit hopeless. Don't put your life on hold mate.

skylarker
21st Jun 2010, 06:02
Still at least two weeks before phone calls are placed.
They are waiting for all medicals and refs to be completed before final decision is made at the final review stage.
Hang in there guys :ok:

LEE 86
21st Jun 2010, 06:27
Hey Skylarker,

How do you know this?? And have you had your refs checked?

skylarker
21st Jun 2010, 06:35
I am already QF LH CC but my flatmate applied and called recruitment on Friday.
She was told what I have stated. It takes a while for them to get it all together.
If QF says they will contact you in 2-3 weeks you can bank on 4-8 weeks. :ugh: