PDA

View Full Version : Capt has a gun: Scenario

cattleflyer
28th May 2008, 02:57
If the capt has a gun, many do. Your over water, about 1 hour away from anyplace to land....You hear screaming.....and one or two terrorists on board are making makeshift weapons, killing passengers, trying to open up cabin doors...no bombs that you know of, just killing spree...Do you stay behind a locked door and try to fly as fast as you can to the destination, or send the FO or CAPT back to shoot the terrorists before they can bring down the plane?

FireLight
28th May 2008, 03:43
It would seem that the point of having the gun would be to take care of situations such as these. However, even having a gun does not guarantee being that you wouldn't be overpowered by multiple bad guys when opening the door, and then the game may be over ... Even so, balancing the risk of doing something versus the risk of doing nothing and waiting until the bad guys cause serious damage to the plane would seem to fall in favour of taking action.

This then appears to be a good argument for having a system of cameras which provide direct indications to the pilots of the situation in the pax cabin. They can assess the situation and potential risk, and determine whether it is better to stay in the "secure" flightdeck, or to venture outside and fight it out.

SNS3Guppy
28th May 2008, 03:58
Cattleflyer is a troll, the same poster who has been abandoned as ssg, and his other aliases, of late. This question is clearly one of his.

The information being asked cannot be answered by those authorized as FFDO's to carry firearms. As ssg/trickle451/tankdriver45/onepercenter/cattleflyer isn't in a position to apply for or participate in the FFDO program, he wouldn't be expected to know.

The question regards sensitive information, the discussion of which by those who do participate in the program is a federal offense.

FireLight
28th May 2008, 05:35
The question regards sensitive information, the discussion of which by those who do participate in the program is a federal offense.

So noted. :ok:

Brian Abraham
28th May 2008, 05:39
SNS - If it were me and it was cattle back there then I'd be through that door with all guns blazing. :cool:

SNS3Guppy
28th May 2008, 19:00
First of all this thread isn't intended to have TSA and Homeland security, spill the beans on thier tactics with terrorists. Just a simple discusion on what people's positions are on the captains having firearms and what they should do with them.

First of all...the thread is started by you; a poster who has been banned repeatedly in the last week, under numerous different names. You've posted as ssg, as tankdriver45, as onepercenter, as trickle451, etc, each time being banned for your activities as a troll. You've claimed all sorts of experience, and have immediately been called out by those with expertise on multiple forums. Your characters have become a laughing stock, prior to being banned, and your purpose and existence in these threads does one thing and one things only; deteriorates the quality of the forum, and the thread.

You didn't intend to have TSA and homeland security brought into the thread? How many nations have a dedicated program for arming and training airline pilots? Exactly which organization is it that should be brought into the thread?

The tactics and training for Federal Flight Deck Officers in the FFDO program, as administered by TSA, are quite specific, as are the policies and procedures. What you or anyone else *thinks* should be done by the FFDO is meaningless and irrelevant. The FFDO will act within the scope of the policies governing him, and within the scope of his training. Exactly what those policies are, and the nature of the training and how it will be employed, is sensitive information that is not your business...nor are you qualified receive that information, nor even apply for the program.

Your own ignorance in multiple threads, coupled with questions such as you ask here, make you sound like a little, uneducated terrorist. You work very hard to embarass yourself. You might as well quit while you're behind. You certainly can't sound any more foolish.

Cattleflyer goes on the ignore list now the rest of your names.

PK-KAR
28th May 2008, 21:41
Do you stay behind a locked door and try to fly as fast as you can to the destination, or send the FO or CAPT back to shoot the terrorists before they can bring down the plane?
None of them! I'd send you/ssg/angels60/tankdriver45/trinkle/onepercenter to deal with them while I parachute out, or send you/angels60/tankdriver45/trinkle/onepercenter to the mental institute...

Oh dear, I must have miscounted. Hello Ssg v7.0, when are we going to see v8.0 then?
Geez, the the new versions of you are being issued faster than the time between starting and finishing a V1 call!
---
Since the trollbusters are here...
Let me answer the troll's question in a different way...
Call "M***S**l" and ask for my own aircraft to be shot down... as I know who the terrorist is... ssg/cattleflyer/angels60/tankdriver45/trinkle/onepercenter

At least my death will be for the benefit of aviation safety and security...

Well, either that, or go on 121.5 and ask Guppy, Brian Abraham, or Pace to shoot me down! *LOL*

---
hijackings around the world are happening almost monthly
Really? Gee, I guess I need to see the news more often... *yawn* With >8 posts a day on your current and past profiles, and getting banned each time and re-registering all within 24hrs of getting banned, get a life! Even the "Nigerian email scammers" sound more convincing than you!

Let's see which version of SSG will we see by the end of the weekend.

PK-KAR