PDA

View Full Version : QR dream airline

CEO PITA
27th May 2008, 07:01
QR is dream ailrine . Why ? Becouse all pilot flying and dreaming to go to Emirates .Thats why QR is dream airline .
We dream salary increament becouse inflation took in 2y 28 % of oure $ .
We dream good management which will know how to deal with people needs and roster .
We dream litle small man will be terminated .
We dream to have orange juce and dates and cabin crew in cockpit during flights .
We dream to have parking for car in front of operations building .\
We dream to have profit share like all other airlines .
We dream to have good CT which knows his things .
We dream upgrades faster not waiting 5-6y .
We dream roster to come on time .
We dream not to be afraid of termination for stupid reasons .
We dream to hire better standard pilots ( one naw is on edge of incident)
We dream not to be a 3 choice for people whi faill Ek or EY.

QR IS A REALL DREAM AIRLINE

vivace
27th May 2008, 09:14
Dreamers dont get anywhere,if you think you can do and achieve all those dreams elsewhere then hunt them down in other jobs and quit whining. Flown with many FOs who have found those 'dreams' in other airlines and left graciously. Those that remain continue dreaming if unhappy or enjoy the job.May I suggest a wet dream..far more enjoyable and achievable and might keep you off the net.

BUSTRASH
27th May 2008, 14:56
Talking about dreams how long till they respond after the interview in Doha. Compared to were I work Doha and Qatar seem like heaven.

wastafarian
27th May 2008, 17:57
i sometimes dream about goats :}

Tintin
27th May 2008, 18:21
I dream i will have stay in school and learn how to write

noflare
28th May 2008, 09:59
I dream about a nice cold beer!

filoxym
28th May 2008, 12:30
Happy are those who dream and are willing to pay the price to make them come true.:)

Capt.Bee
28th May 2008, 13:46
Dreamer CEO, If you don't have the guts to move the horse, stop whining like a wh$re. :ugh:

JungleJett
28th May 2008, 19:06
CEO PITA, I dream that one day you write a whole sentence in proper English...
I also dream that you learn how to spell because.....

MASsenger
29th May 2008, 01:06
Jungle……jungle……jungle, let the man spill his beans man! This is not a lesson in English!

Yo767
29th May 2008, 01:44
http://www.spellcheck.net/

I dream of people having problems understanding multicultural english language use this website to understand the posts on this forum. Instead of polluting the threads with their useless complaints they could spend more time to pursue their ultimate goal of getting a life.

A francophone who is doing is best in english

CanadaRocks
29th May 2008, 04:19
I dream of getting 14 weeks bonus! And a girl friend...

B-737
29th May 2008, 04:24
I dream of a nice cabin crew pussy each day different :)

TinPusher
29th May 2008, 04:38
I dream of a pilot who views a restriction as a requirement rather than a guide
I dream of a pilot who understands when it is busy they need to pay attention
I dream of a pilot who listens out and responds to my first call
I dream of a pilot who when I say 'descend now' will do just that
I dream of a pilot who upon changing freq listens first before transmitting
:hmm:

vaschandi
29th May 2008, 06:00
I dream Pita calms down once he got his upgrade!

salamalikum2
29th May 2008, 08:54
CanadRock.: OK for the 14 weeks Bonus...but not for the girlf friend: she will run away with your Bonus.!:uhoh:

AERO DYNAMIK
29th May 2008, 10:27
Perhaps you could stop whining long enough about nuts and juice to have a read of this.....

The structure of the world airline industry is going to change “profoundly”, Jean-Cyril Spinetta, chairman and chief executive of Air France-KLM, warned on Thursday, as carriers struggle to come to terms with a doubling of the oil price in the past 12 months and weakening economic growth.

“There will be major restructuring. Things are changing violently and quickly,” he said.

The outlines of the winners and losers in the latest global aviation crisis are already becoming clear at frightening speed.

The long-term survivors will be the airlines with already strong balance sheets, that are going into the storm with low debt levels and big cash reserves. Many of these have taken the opportunity offered by their financial strength to hedge a large part of their fuel requirements for the next 12 to 24 months.

Financially weaker airlines have been unable to afford such protective insurance.

Some, such as Ireland’s Ryanair, Europe’s leading low-cost carrier, chose to gamble that the oil price would fall back. It is now paying the price.

The winners will also be the carriers that have continued to invest in new aircraft and which therefore have the most fuel-efficient fleets. They include Ryanair and EasyJet, the dominant European low-cost carriers, and AirAsia, the low-cost leader in Asia Pacific.

P.Clostermann
29th May 2008, 15:20
Who cares when flying in the middle east....

The only way they will use this fuel crisis is by preventing us from getting a payrise!

Qatar Airways only started hedging fuel as of last month, but I do not think they will stop operating because of that ;)!

In Europe and the USA it will be a different ballgame....Let the war start!

botaxgendeng
29th May 2008, 17:28
ussualy 2 weeks max 3 weeks.good luck bush:ok:

botaxgendeng
29th May 2008, 17:31
CEO PITA you still in qr? oh my God:{

CEO PITA
29th May 2008, 20:33
No am in youre house mate ! But when you are not around ! ha ha ha

Sal-e
29th May 2008, 21:10
TinPusher,
dream all you want. Your job is still the safest way to fly.

CEO PITA
30th May 2008, 18:46
You can not fly safe if you dont have FUEL !!

Londonlads
31st May 2008, 12:07
For god sake. Not another whining thread on QR. If it's that bad, pack your bag and leave! That's exactly what I and many others did!

GixxerK5
31st May 2008, 12:58
should be quiet safe, as one wont even get the apu started!!!:)

airbanana
12th Jun 2008, 12:37
Hi,guys, what are you thinking about the new fuel policy,I :=dont give a damm :mad:, I request what I consider the appropiate fuel for the fly.
I home, everybody do the same.
Hi Pita,you still near the right window?,come on, do not give up,time will come,soon, hopefully.
Cheers:ok:

salamalikum2
12th Jun 2008, 14:03
Well the new fuel policy doesn't say that you HAVE to take minimum fuel. Take extra fuel if you think it' may be necessary and give the reason.
That's it.
That's what i'm doing ,and nobody call me in the office yet....
I known some off our "fellow colleagues" are scared to take extra fuel...!!:uhoh:
Personnaly i would be scared not to take extra fuel in some circumstances..!!

airbanana
12th Jun 2008, 16:09
Yeah, salamaliekum, I have to agreed with u, despite our tought, i know by the fact that to many of our fellas are scare to take extra drops of fuel even when they have the reason.
Another point, guys, did you read all the safety reports in 320 fleet, 3 GAs and landing with just 1700 kg in SEZ, 2 losses of control during TO and GA:{.
:mad: what the hell is going on in this fleet, 320CP must be worry or blind, anyhow I :=do not allow my family to jump in any of QR320s.
I hope they will do something, better now than to late.
Cheers

loc22550
13th Jun 2008, 07:03
Airbanana:
-First: i would be very careful before even dare to try to compare the fleets here.(320-330...)
Incidents happens on 330 fleet.. as well: low fuel state, miss selection, altitude burst.....So...
-Second:Sez incident:
Well i will not try to defend anybody, probably you never flow to SEZ before.
Let me tell you that at that time SEZ was an isolated airport with NO alternate.
So basicaly you are in the middle of nowhere(i should say water) with only once choice SEZ,that's it.NO other place to land.
So ..in case of TS overhead the field, you have to hold, believe me i never been in such a situation, but people who have been, told me it's not a very nice feeling at all!!!(No ALT, and your fuel going down and down..).
Probably very easy to say when you(We) are confortably seated in you (our)sofa, that the pilots should have wait a litle bit more in the hold, or bla bla...
The temptation(human factor) to try to make an approach must be very high in such a circumstance..because at the end of the day,you HAVE TO land in SEZ!And as far as i known fuel tanks have a limited capacity..:ouch:(by the way landing wih 1700kg in the tank om 320 is not unusual: if you fly to Berlin with a nearby ALT, or to DXB with SHJ as ALT, you minimum legal will be around 1700kg...).
Let's no forget that Wind shear on final may be something usual as well in SEZ, due to terrain configuration around the airfield.
After this incident they finally decided to give us an ALT: Mombasa: 2h30 flight time from SEZ.:ooh:

Third:A320 CP::mad::uhoh:
Cheers

airbanana
13th Jun 2008, 10:43
Thanks loc, for your comments, but you have to agree with me that both fleets 320,330,has had a trend of really scary incidents in the near past.
Another subject:
I can't believe seen second officers jumping straight to 330 coming fro:(m the Aeronautical Kindergarden School. Good luck to the instructors:ok:
Cheers

CEO PITA
13th Jun 2008, 11:05
We are not virgins on A330 .
Incidents : JNB almost end up like Khartum
2 hard leandings on A330 every week
GPWS in DAM during Med diversion
LOW fuel in LHR and N.Y and DOH

salamalikum2
14th Jun 2008, 04:57
Low fuel...hmmm..wondering why....:)

-Student going straight from the college to the 330 is just another smash in in the face of the 320 guys who are here for a couple of years and waiting to go 330!
Q.A. has always been very "professional":ugh: when it come to motivate the crew!!

Qatari515
14th Jun 2008, 12:10
Said it before, will say it again:

the old saying about the middle east is still very very true..you don't come here for a career, you come here for a job! So you expect to leave in exactly the same position as the one you where hired for. Anything else should be seen as a bonus.

Its a shame but its the truth!

oryxbollocks
14th Jun 2008, 17:55
Pita Bread......

You are so full of crap! 2 hard landings every week. What a crock. If you're going to post something, get your facts right.

As for low fuel, you're confusing rumour with fact here as well. Drop in to the Flight Safety Office and ask for the truth.

GB

Smirnoff N21
14th Jun 2008, 20:33
After this incident they finally decided to give us an ALT: Mombasa: 2h30 flight time from SEZ. that's not even planned as ETOPS sector but rather just as normal diversion. That's not the worse part of it yet. The hammer is that the isolated procedure was dropped to make it safer but it's not cause with current QR 'brilliant' in-flight policy PIC has to divert once ALT+FIANL is remaining. Now imagine yourself being 70 min down the route to Mombasa and you lose an engine or anything forcing you to land ASAP red.
1 Mill. question is "Where do you go" BINGO back to SEZ. One will be back in SEZ with little over FINAL remaining facing same same shut different view but this time with additional headache on top. I suggest we change the slogan "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger" Everyone else uses the isolated aerodrome procedure with PDP at which a decision is made where to proceed based on appropriate in flight fuel management. In other words if 2 hours cruise consumption are predicted to be available over destination it's a go. Does QR have PDP procedure of course NO but instead we have extremely impractical in flight fuel policy which nobody cares about anyhow.
Don't take it personally take it on the rocks!!!:ok:

ap0plectic
14th Jun 2008, 21:48
You guys might want to check out the following thread about this 'dream' airline:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=330593

CEO PITA
14th Jun 2008, 22:59
ORIXBOLLS sorry i hurt you am sure am wrong there was no incident in JNB and there are no hard landings on A330 it was in my dream i guess !

Qatari515
15th Jun 2008, 07:46
Regarding the SEZ thing..

Any commander operating there should still calculate his fuel, and base his decision making policy, on whatever strategy he or she prefers.

I know for a thing that I would base mine (flying a 320 overthere) on the standard isolated aerodrome fuel calculation as N21 describes. Ok, I will take much more fuel with me but so be it!

I prefer being a bit more heavy on fuel than to swim around with the sharks in the ocean!

FLYING IS NOT A JOKE !

And in all honesty, if that means leaving payload behind and the company does not like it, well, in that case they should send a bigger airplane over there in the first place!

FLYING IS NOT A JOKE, once more. We are considered to be professionals!

Our pax count on us, and in all honesty, so does the airline!

They give us guidelines regarding fuel policy which is actually a good thing to do in this age of fuel reserves running low, our planet being choked and spiraling fuel costs.

But in extreme cases ( and flying an A320 from DOH to SEZ is rather extreme) we as crew have the right to overrule these policies and we SHOULD!

airbanana
15th Jun 2008, 09:14
Qatar515
Good Point:D

salamalikum2
15th Jun 2008, 10:02
By the way something related to fuel as well....
Anybody knowns When LVP start in Doha,??:bored:(MInimum VIS and or RVR??) .Some airport mention it black and white(usually around 500..600m...).

Last week i came back from a flight.VIS on ATIS 1200m,.RVR reported 1200m as well...more than enough for a CAT I... with LVP in force ATC said.. and all the consequence, longer spacing between A/C, delays, holding....I heard one A/C QTR 121 diverted to DXB..no extra fuel probably:\..
Just one to make sure next time for my 30' Extra fuel..:ooh:
Thanks god i took extra fuel!

oryxbollocks
15th Jun 2008, 17:41
Still full of cr*p pita bread.

Did I say there was no incident in JNB? No! Did I say there hasn't been a hard landing on the 330? No!

What I did object to is your blantant bulls**t exaggeration of "two hard landings a week on the 330" and some vague reference to low fuel states in London, New York and Doha.

If you want to hang out this company's dirty linen, get the facts and post those. Don't make up your own.

GB

CEO PITA
15th Jun 2008, 19:08
2 hard landings in week is avrige some are reall some are just susspected.
Low fuel : You want facts ? Maybe you are not in QR long time lets see:
Flt London -Doha ( pan pan ) low fuel .capt is TRI at the moment
FLt Doha -London low fuel diverted to LGW.Capt and F/o (latinos)
Flt Geneva -New York ( low fuel state decleared ) Capt MFTD inst .
FLt Doha-Shangai ( low fuel ) landed in CAT 2 .Capt TRE
FLT Doha-LHR diverted to FCO due to low level over Saudi. Capt masalama

Orixbolls i see you like youre management so plz use lubricant !

Londonlads
15th Jun 2008, 19:28
Probably why he is still in the right seat after sooooooo many years!

Ronaldo 330
15th Jun 2008, 19:34
Salamalejkum 2 i hope this will help you .

Doha ATC will activate LVP when VIS is below 1200m which also mean separation should be increased from standard radar 5 NM to 12 NM.
For instance AUH will rise LVP even on VIS 2000m its up to airport ATC .
F/O can take off and land even if LVP is in force as long as you have :
RVR above 600 m
Cloud base 200ft or above
Wind CWC less 15kt
and its not CAT C

You can take 30 min fuel for LVP becouse you can expect delay in taxi and take off clereance due to separation 12 NM

Enjoj

CEO PITA
15th Jun 2008, 20:18
I dont seat on right seat am PIC from right ! R.H make me Inst

scorpio
15th Jun 2008, 20:42
i think what is happening on the a320 fleet is a reflection of the hiring process .some of the asars i have seen are basic flying skills problems and the question is how is the fleet responding to these problems are they given extra training or shown the way out ,casue that s what was happening when i joined unless ur a local its swept under the carpet .u could be fired for simpler mistakes how about these ones .:*

salamalikum2
16th Jun 2008, 04:29
Thanks Ronaldo...at least i known when LVP start here.(to plan for my extra fuel..yes yes i do carry some extra fuel sometime......:uhoh:)
I was well inspired that day to take extra fuel when i saw on the Forecast Tempo VIS 1500m..
And delays on Arrival as well....that's why it Could be interesting to have those info available (LVP,when?)for all airports...before the flight..just to plan ahead..?:bored:
Cheers

loc22550
19th Jun 2008, 08:51
Here we are guys,..Q.A is already aware of the massive turbulence zone, major american airlines(and others) are flying through due to the high cost of fuel(unless it's part of another south American recruitment plan).Qatar airways has start recruiting in ..MIAMI....(At least those guys will not suffer from the devaluation of the Qatari riyal(peg to U$)....:ugh:), not like the majority of us!!

Salary increase..:keep dreaming and keep suffering!:ugh:
Cheers.

salamalikum2
20th Jun 2008, 16:52
The only think that will increase here according analyst is.. the inflation!:\
The worse is not over..!
Qatar is already the first in the gulf regarding inflation,sure they will keep this position...:uhoh:

Just pick up this one in the news:

"Rising Gulf inflation could push foreign workers home"
"LURED by tax free jobs and cheap living:\:ugh:, foreign workers have long gravitated to wealthy Gulf Arab states to earn a better living,but rising costs are now forcing many to go home"

interesting.....

Smirnoff N21
20th Jun 2008, 20:20
yeap that's it. Just make a simple calculation.
PIC 320 makes average 48000. Housing kills the whole thing.
48000-12000 housing=36000 QAR =6300 EUR. That's what skippers in EU are doing even with LCC after Tax. Do I need to say more? No bond, DEC 320, with all social benefits. The only way job in QR is attractive is if being alone here and live on bread and water while sharing the accommodation and girl friend. In other words cheaper cheaper in the motto. Neighbors in KUL are far more attractive. As long as QR suits one's needs it's ok otherwise divert.

Hajj Man
21st Jun 2008, 05:35
CEO PITA,

I really have to wonder are you a mature person or you just like to come on to PPRUNE and antagonize people?

You really need to get your facts straight on anything/everything you talk about.

I know this is a rumour network but you seem to have all of your facts as well as your spelling all messed up and you contribute absolutely nothing constructive to any of the post.

HM:ok:

CEO PITA
21st Jun 2008, 07:19
So its not true ? A330 has no incidents at all ?
A320 is deangorous ? Yea sure A320 fly to KTM,SAA,ALX,IKA,MHD....it is more deangorous then LHR and FRA and KIX

msian1147
21st Jun 2008, 07:31
Smirnoff N21,

are u saying that those chaps in KUL r enjoying more than in doha?

Smirnoff N21
21st Jun 2008, 09:27
msian1147 I'd say so. It's no brainer to do the math.
Package in KUL 8000 US after tax plus pension under you name approximately 900 bucks a month. How much are you going to spend living in KL 4000 US$?
That you must be working hard on. You can buy an accommodation straight away for somewhere around 150 000 US$ and live decent lifestyle. Weather and joy not even considered. Malasia is probably one of the best countries in SE. That's all under the premise of no pay rise in QR. If there was one then it's a different ball game. Convinced? In the end what counts isn't how big is the paycheck but how much can you save at the end of the month apart from being happy and enjoy the life. Totally forgot to mention they take you as DEC 320 if more than 5500 jet or something like that. No vain promisses or wait and see management change crisis force major blah blah blah.....

msian1147
21st Jun 2008, 09:34
i was born n raised in malaysia actually...which airline are you talking about?

MAS or Air Asia?

Smirnoff N21
21st Jun 2008, 09:47
Air Asia of course. If I'm not mistaken lots of F/O's have paved their way to KUL already. Unfortunately ME airlines fight F/O shortage with delaying the upgrades instead of accelerating them. As a result more exodus of F/Os is seen. In my view they'd be doing far better introducing fast track command. methinks no shortage was see then.

salamalikum2
21st Jun 2008, 12:39
Yes..Housing kills you, but let's be fair and let's say the company has done a lot regarding housing problem, in the mean time now inflation kills you, devaluation of the riyal kills you... so let's hope (dream) for the future of the company that they will do something urgently to solve this huge problem...
Otherwise..don't known who's gone come here in the near future...

msian1147
21st Jun 2008, 15:22
cuz im thinking of joining QR once i got my ATPL...or should i join any airlines back in Malaysia?

Smirnoff N21
21st Jun 2008, 16:16
msian1147 you certainly can do so. At the beginning of you career not much choice is there. Generally take whatever suits you best. However don't rush into taking first available offer. Weigh your options very carefully. I still would give preference to my own country and my own airline and people. It's easier and more relaxed and career progression chances aren't that farfetched. Big jets won't run away still lots of them to come in the next 10 years or so. Same approach to command. First get qualifications back home like the upgrade etc then make a move otherwise you give away control of your life and many lives were destroyed over some absolut meaningless reasons. Conclusion after having worked for more than 8 years as expat:
Don't go anywhere for a career go as the BOSS. Doing so you run the show the way you want it. I'm sure your old grandpa sings about the same song.

msian1147
22nd Jun 2008, 06:03
well i heard most airlines in Southeast Asia are freezing the recruitment to cut cost..

i guess it's just a way for the airlines to take cover from the soaring fuel costs..

but like u said, dont rush :ok: as im only 17, and just finished my high school..im planning to go to the Malaysian Flying Academy, and perhaps join QR cuz i strongly think it's easier to get a job with this airline, and plus it's less competitive, compared to airlines in Malaysia..thanx 4 da advice!

P.Clostermann
22nd Jun 2008, 11:34
Fact to the matter is...

They can do without pilots from the eurozone.

So why would they increase salaries merely based on the defunct exchange rate between euro/QAR?

South America/North America/African continent.......full of pilots all looking for greener pastures!

Is this a short term vision? Probably yes but it will help them getting ahead for one year once more.

And after that, we shall see said the blind man!

Salary increase...I dont think so!

salamalikum2
22nd Jun 2008, 13:13
The resignation rate is probably not high enough yet to justify a salary increase, as this is the only factor that might influence any decision...
as everybody knowns the favorite sentence here of a typical " POOR " management excpecially in those circumstances we are facing :
"take it or leave it..":ouch:

Smirnoff N21
22nd Jun 2008, 18:23
Frankly boys and gals I heard some rumors about a pay rise but then again seeing is believing, isn't it? Resignations number according to some sources somewhere around 90 pilots within last 15 months. True or not who knows but if it's the case it should ring the bell. It's business thus everyone should do whatever suits him/her best. Certainly as a company I'd refrain from blowing up the pay check in a wake of collapsing aviation scene worldwide. Loss of some Europeans isn't really a big deal as nobody is irreplaceable including me:eek:.

loc22550
23rd Jun 2008, 10:06
..yes..yes ..the 31st of june they gone make a big announcement regarding salary increase..bla,bla,bla...
Everybody knowns the joke already,thank you very much...:uhoh:

JMAN
24th Jun 2008, 10:18
With 950 pilots going to be out of work from UA and not to mention other US carriers, theres going to be alot of pilots looking for work, so i dont think the boss will be too worried about getting recruits.

9.G
24th Jun 2008, 14:02
hopefully we'll get lods of yanks coze that's gonna change lots of things in this outfit. They eventually will revolt and won't let it go like all the other vassals. US embassy has got heavy influence mandate at amiri diwan.

Smirnoff N21
24th Jun 2008, 22:59
Maverick some people have crystal balls I'm trying hard to polish my so I can see more. :}
There're others who can either oppose the rumor or confirm it.

msian1147
26th Jun 2008, 10:54
knowing the fact that 90 pilots left for the last 15 months is obviously a serious prob for QR...wonder where all these chaps flew..EK or EY im assuming?:bored:

A320 Man
29th Jun 2008, 08:00
Beware that few pilots tried to travel on their annual leave using the "confirmed" A.L.Ticket, and they were not allowed.

The counter staff told them they have a memo from the space control manager that no confirmed seats fore deck crew !!

As a result, a capt. family were denied boarding to Tripoli (travelled on the 3rd. trial), another f/o family to IAD offloaded after being accepted initially!! but travelled next day!
Another capt family were forced to wait till 50 minutes before T/O to Amman, but travelled after seats were available!!!

It seems that some "secret" instructions are still there not to consider our confirmed seats!!
I hope any "Manager" or Chief Pilot would talk to the CEO to re-issue the instructions of our seats being confirmed (Again).
P.S. these events happened last week.

loc22550
29th Jun 2008, 11:39
Devaluation and inflation have already ruined the moral of the crew here, now this A.L.T issue...what's next...?
Thinks are not really going in the right direction in this company...isn't it?!

CEO PITA
29th Jun 2008, 21:35
Last Inst. meeting announced clearly : NO SALARY INCREAMNET in near future .
90 pilots left in 15 m ? Wrong info but soon maybe 6-10 F/O jumpsheap at one shot .

Maverick
29th Jun 2008, 21:40
rumours must be tried and kept logical :)

We appreciate any logical inputs

but please dont take it personally...Take it like a man....:ok:

Cheers!

P.Clostermann
30th Jun 2008, 08:56
No confirmed tickets according to ground staff...

Very easy solution....when denied boarding ask for a written explanation and go home...

nice extension of your holiday!

A320 Man
30th Jun 2008, 12:25
What if you are trying to leave Doha?? it will not be nice to shorten your vacation !!!
What about your conneting flight that you will miss??

All these problems happen only when you leave from Doha, I feel like the ground staff just hate us and just want to piss us off.

salamalikum2
30th Jun 2008, 12:31
CEO PITA..what the inst. (instructor?) meeting has to do with salary increase ...?Management meeting i would understand.....
I don't think the instructors are the one who decide about salary....:ooh:

CEO PITA
1st Jul 2008, 08:02
Inst. are not the one who decide .It is management but you know that all management pilots are also Inst. And on Inst meeting management pilots informed Inst that no salary increament in near future and am sure if someone know out of all pilots its the one in office .
No salary increamnet and new system in training and some new things for Inst ..... anyhow awe are not intrested in training we are intrested in $$$ right ?

CEO PITA
1st Jul 2008, 08:13
Staff in HR who is working on salary told me he use to be called to calculate and make trail for new package and so on every year but this year no one even mention any changes in salary for flight deck crew.There is some increamnet for teh. and engeneers since they did get any in 3 y but for us pilots MAFI ,MAFI !
Insallah next year !
And why should they increase ? Any airplane on ground becouse of pilots shortage ? I didnt saw any . New jojners from USA are on the way . 14k$ non tax its ok for a pilot without job from USA .
Reasons like : expencive Doha or Euro rate are not the one which will push management to rise oure salary only reason it will do that will be 4 A330 on ground waiting for pilots to operate them .As long as you can get youre leave in midlle of summer means there is pilots ,there use to be time when no pilots could take leave becouse of shortage and salary was rised.

P.Clostermann
1st Jul 2008, 08:36
CEO Pitta.....right on mate, right on!

But then again, anyone where could have seen that coming months ago!

The whole pay rise thing was a collective pilots wet dream, but the powers to be knew this already a long time ago.

Good luck next year people....if we are still here that is!

salamalikum2
1st Jul 2008, 08:58
No shortage of pilots...??
So maybe you should check how many weeks of leave have been cancelled or not allocated ..expecially for F/O...and leave behind.!Sure the figure is amazing!
Just imagine One second that non of those F/O wouldn't have accept to give up their leave...I think a lot of A/C would have been grounded..!

P.Clostermann
1st Jul 2008, 12:50
We all keep on saying that but is it true???

So far nothing has happened, no flights where cancelled or airplanes grounded.

Leaves have been allocated and given as planned in most cases, even to the FOs.
Ok, on A330 things are a bit stressed at the moment but still, most of the FOs I fly with did an average of 70hrs last month. If you fly with a new joiner you migh hear him having reached almost 900Hrs but the more senior guys never reach this.

So how exactly did you figure out we have a pilot shortage?

salamalikum2
1st Jul 2008, 13:26
Well ..
Just surprised to heard from the F/O i'm flying with (A-320), most of them "had " to give up their leaves in 2007 and/or 2008 or at least part of it..:bored:(agree most of them are senior F/O:less than 3 years in Q.A, but still, it's not an excuse...)
So if we have enough pilots those thinks shouldn't never happen.. right?

P.Clostermann
1st Jul 2008, 16:02
Maybe it has something to do with your total incompetent fleet management?

I have seen the numbers on A320 and the numbers are correct. So it has to be a planning issue.

Captains on A320 seem to be doing ok I think no? Except from the line trainers who are being killed at the moment.

CEO PITA
1st Jul 2008, 22:29
I guess you guyz on A320 have nice choice either you are training pilot and do KTM,SAA,ALY,MSD,DAM or you are Capt/F/o and you go to India or Africa ha ha ha !and my friends from A320 told me salary of a Capt 320 and senior F/O 330 same same !! lol lol

salamalikum2
2nd Jul 2008, 03:21
I do confirm,when you are a senior F/O 330 and you become a Cpt320, you barely see any difference at the end of the month on your salary pay slip(and for the same amount.. of duty)....!:uhoh:
Whaat to doo....whaat to doo..

shneidertrophy
2nd Jul 2008, 07:26
Hey man, they gave you this HUGE gift (for which you have signed a bond as well) and ALLOWED you to become a commander!

Who cares about the salary? Its an old story overhere. They see everything as a gift to you....

A fleet transfer is called an upgrade!

You even sign a bond of 50000USD in some case just because they want you on a different fleet!

Upgrades to Captain are being abused for all sorts of reasons: These guys awaiting their turn are too afraid to complain about anything and they just say yes the whole time.

They have a way of making everything look like a real privilege, while actually the only thing you are doing is helping out the company!

Good example is staff travel tickets! We almost have to beg them and thank them for this so called privilege, while the only thing you are doing when flying as subload staff is filling seats which otherwise would be empty!

Its a strange world!

CEO PITA
2nd Jul 2008, 21:52
It was not always liek that regarding A320 . If you where in QR 5-7 y beack you would know that A320 use to have special 1500 QR called ( **** fleet alowance ) becouse of duty time and f/hours .And we use to have 45 days leave but it was taken on so called salary increamnet meeting !

BUSTRASH
3rd Jul 2008, 06:56
What does a monthly roster look like on the 320 at Qr. Average layovers per week, night turns, day turns. stby duty. Thanks in advance for the info.

salamalikum2
3rd Jul 2008, 08:17
A-320 roster:}
-"Average" flight time..:65..70h, duty time:you dubble the figure!
(you are only paid for the schedule block time,not the duty!)

-Layovers/month:....4...5 :no specific rules(most of them 24h,and in India as India is "part" of Qatar or Qatar "part" of india don't known wich one...:uhoh:),
others layovers: colombo,katmandu, Nairobi,Dar es salam,Seychelles ...Stockolm,Berlin,Vienna if you are lucky..!
(not even talk about those night flight in the gulf area with 3-4-5 hours on ground)

-Most of the daytime turnaround flights are taken for training flights.
-A Lot of night flight with minimum rest in between during Daytime!

-Stby: not that much 2/3 per month sometime Nil.

Generaly speaking: 320 roster is not really exciting , ..just.. tiring!

From september Roster will be made By Jeppesen Company, i guess it could only be better..!

( for info: on top of the huge inflation here :15%(and it's not over), and the devaluation of the currency, Qatar is planning to introduce soon or later..VAT...! That's the last think we need here..!:ugh::ugh:)

By the way Bustrash, am i wrong or i saw that you have been successful with EK interview, and you have been put in the EK pilot pool list..?

Don't give up EK for Q.R!!!!!

FlyingOW
3rd Jul 2008, 21:15
Gents,

Hi, just out of curiosity, onto which fleet do Commands take place in QR? Do all pilots go to 320 upon getting their command. Will this be true of Boeing pilots on the 777? How will the 787 affect this?

I am looking at QR, EK and EY but more precisely the 777. Have 3800 TT and over 2400 on the B763ER. I am due command on 319 (not overly interested in flying that bird yet) in my present company by years end. I really enjoy Medium/LongHaul flying and the lifestyle it provides. What to do? Or am I nuts for even considering giving up an imminent command to fly 777s?

Cheers,

OW

CEO PITA
3rd Jul 2008, 23:13
You have 3400 h TOT ? Thats ( low experiance F/O ) so you should be happy to get any command with this hours .
In QR requirement is 5000 TOT and GA hours not considered . there is long time in front of you . And in QA all upgrades are made on A320 for naw and since QR has no long term plans and no long term management who knows whats in future .
At the moment on the SIM A320 you can see F/Os which are in airline for 4,5 or 5,5 y means avrige 5 y to command due to senority and low number of trainers . New CT (made in UK ) wants to increase requirements to 6000h tot in future .
777 is new fleet and only 1 airplane with special pilots flying it so its still new toy and NO upgrades made on 777 or any wide body aircraft.
Failure rate in QA upgrade is high :if 10 F/O is on intervew 6-8 will clear int. naw you have 6-8 going on sim and 1 avrige fail after you send this 5 to line training on final check 2 will fail . So out of 10 F/O 3-4 become Capt.
A320 fleet is full of new pilots or ex 2 officers or new upgraded Capt or senior F/Os failed on upgrade .
regarding salary EK.EY pays much better

blue&green
3rd Jul 2008, 23:19
CEO PITTA is very right about this.:D

BUSTRASH
4th Jul 2008, 01:38
CEO Pita. Your post are very informative, no need to give explanation to anybody. You must be from Iran air or Algeria 727-100/200 or 747-100/200. I was a F/E as well for 2 years and its the hardest job ever. Good luck on your command.

FlyingOW
4th Jul 2008, 04:03
CEO Pita,

Ok thanks for clearing up a few things re. UPG, sim pass rates, etc. But waiting 5 yrs for a command is not that bad really. If and when I get my command, I will have been just under 5 yrs with the company. My point is I dont feel exactly thrilled about flying the 320 just yet. Would much prefer to be flying a 777 or 787 and I was wondering if investing 5, 6, 7 or more years in a company like EK/QR/EY would get me the wide body command instead of the SH, overworked and underpaid one that is looming for me here.

Cheers,

OW.

PS. Company requirement here is minimum 4000 Total Time. Latest 2 guys Upgraded have 5000 and 7000 respectively previous 2 guys pretty much the same, the one before them had about 6000. In each case, they were around the 4-5 year mark. So you see, kind of like QR. I will be upgrading with the bare minimums so yeah I guess am lucky in that respect.

sayap-patah
4th Jul 2008, 05:06
CEO PITA as always, give a correct information....Thanks.

msian1147
4th Jul 2008, 08:35
CEO Pita, how about a second officer with FATPL, along with 200 flying hours?straight to A320?

CEO PITA
4th Jul 2008, 11:06
Make sure its ICAO or JAR-OPS FATPL as Q CAA dont take FAA FATPL .
And it would help if you knwo someone . There is few guyz from youre country over here .